Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone Sales Estimates Through The Roof

Aren't you meant to be writing news, not hearsay?

In my book "solid rumor" and "tentatively factual" are the same column.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Verizon
    If Verizon doesn't have the Iphone by 2011 it will be because they have decided Iphone 4 with its problems is not worth the venture!

^^ verizon wouldn't have the death grip problem because they don't use SIMs

Thanks

The deathgrip problem is not completely related to the SIM card, but the design of the antennas' contact with the skin and interfering with each other
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

and they do have phones with sims...not all of them across the board but they do have them

Quote Originally Posted by hotairgypsy View Post
    and they do have phones with sims...not all of them across the board but they do have them
    Only so they can be used on other networks!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Default Verizon
    If Verizon gets the Iphone, in 3 years they will own AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    If Verizon gets the Iphone, in 3 years they will own AT&T
    Verizon basically used to be owned by ATT. Until the government broke Ma' Bell up.
    Last edited by Cer0; 07-01-2010 at 07:23 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Verizon basically used to be owned by ATT. Until the government Ma' Bell up.
    Wow didn't know that!

I guess that would be like Son taking over the family business!

Bell/ATT Corp got split up into 7 companies. The Bell Babies.

Ameritech — (acquired by SBC in 1999)
    Bell Atlantic — (acquired GTE in 2000 and changed its name to Verizon)
    BellSouth — (acquired by AT&T Inc. in 2006)
    NYNEX — (acquired by Bell Atlantic in 1996)
    Pacific Telesis — (acquired by SBC in 1997)
    Southwestern Bell — (changed its name to SBC in 1995; acquired AT&T Corp. in 2005 and changed its name to AT&T Inc.)
    U S West — (acquired by Qwest in 2000)
    But even looking at this it slowly looks like the "babies" having been moving back together so who knows. ATT and Verizon may be one again. Because the 7 now are only 3; QWest, Verizon, and ATT.

Source: [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_Bell_Operating_Companies]Regional Bell Operating Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

(Yes I am full of useless info lol)
    Last edited by Cer0; 07-01-2010 at 07:37 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (07-02-2010)

I'm thinking the announcement will be at CES, but the shipping date will be a lot later than that. The device will have to be a lot different, and the testing, etc. won't be trivial. I doubt they ran the design work completely in parallel with the AT&T version.

While I respect Bloomburg, lots of press on this topic has turned out to be wrong...

i sent steve jobs a 4 page email document that took a couple of hours to write, on why verizon should get the iphone. all he sent back was too long, concise it .

I'm sure your email was full of information that Mr jobs didn't already know.
    When the exclusive contract with AT&T expires Verizon may get it. Hopefully by then they will have LTE rather than some weird 'standard' that no one else uses. But no doubt it will be on a different frequency....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

@jih128
    Can we see his response, or do we have to pay you too

Thanks

Well all I can say is that the state I live in Verzion is spending about $70 million dollars and hiring about 2000 or more new employees, there on a push for something!

On the 2000 new employees it would be nice if they would hire back the Alltel they let go when they took over, if they want to come back!

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    @jih128
    Can we see his response, or do we have to pay you too
    If he lets you see it do not hold in your left hand to read as the print will get smaller!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 07-02-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

unfortunately i deleted the email because i spoke to many people and they all said that steve jobs has the answer many emails a day and it was probably his secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by jih128 View Post
    unfortunately i deleted the email because i spoke to many people and they all said that steve jobs has the answer many emails a day and it was probably his secretary.
    Never know.

The President has a group of people answer his mail but he tells them to pick out, I think, 10 a day for him to read personally and he answers those 10 back.

Sure Steve may do this for some but he may also go through them himself at some point.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234