+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone Sales Estimates Through The Roof

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm tired of these rumors, many people on MMi aren't American so it doesn't even effet us, and most of the American readers are getting tired of the rumors too
    Thanks

I'm tired of these rumors, many people on MMi aren't American so it doesn't even effet us, and most of the American readers are getting tired of the rumors too

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Keep up the Verizon iPhone news, Messany... if there's one thing I love to see it's crazy Apple fans squirm in their panties at the thought that they will be second-class iPhone owners due to its availability on a superior network.

Ha!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

T mobile coverage is so bad steve jobs would probably shoot himself if the iphone went to t mobile because of the coverage is like living under the earth

Thanks

How many more threads do we need on this ridiculous rumour?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Banned
    Thanks

here's why you'll never see an Iphone on Verizon-
    For the same reason Apple and Microsoft don't like each other...
    smear campaigns ...
    Droid X NY Times Ad Sneaks In iPhone 4 Jab

You think steve would let his iphone on a network that bashes his phone?
    Your all as dumb as the pencil pushing wannabe geeks at bloomberg if u think so.
    Last edited by Carrbone; 06-30-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    haha, said it all too well

Thanks

If Verizon gets the iPhone it'll effectively effectively kill Android. Verizon is their biggest supporter and AT&T has only now started introducing any Android devices (which are modest, and minor compared to Verizon's) with no surprise as to why.

If you want a smartphone, you're not gonna get a second-rate handset. And while I think Android is a nice OS, its certainly several notches below the iPhone/AppStore.

Quote me on this. Verizon iPhone is the end of Android. It'll make Android the new webOS (Palm's OS); a really great OS, but one that just got outmuscled.

Green Apple
    Thanks

verizon does have the best service as far as signal but verizon does not have the best customer service like the worst so they can kiss my butt i would never go back to them i had to leave them when they screwed me the last time and i have never been happier with atts customer service i can deal with the kinda decent reception for that

iPhone? More like MyPhone dogdaysunrise's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    LOL I love how people who have no factual proof speculate this nonsense.

if anything T-mobile will get it noT Verizon...
    why?
    Simple.
    1. T-mobile already does business with APPLE/iphones overseas.
    2. No need for another phone to be developed specifically for CDMA.
    the current one will work fine on T-mobile.

Apple would be kinda retarded to bring Verizon into the mix.
    So your saying then a Verizon Ipad too.
    Lol u Verizon FanBoys are worse then apple and droid combined.

Not to mention signing with T-mobile will probably bump Sprint down a notch and bring T-mobile into the Top 3 Carriers here in the US.

AppleInsider | T-Mobile, not Verizon, most likely to see iPhone first, report claims

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow they are a lot of loyal AT&T fans here!

Thanks

I cant wait till verizon gets the iphone, i hate verizon with a passion and when they finaly get the iphone and the users will jam the outdated, last century cdma network, ill be the one telling all u verizon switchers a big F U. And by verizon getting iphone will free up alot of att network and when att customers be flying on 3g network verizon will be barely coughing. Att thought they were ready for iphone/ipad and they werent and now verizon think they ready. Haha suckers, i pray everyday for verizon to burn. Garbage company with high prices and sh$&@ cust service. P.S. Infact all u verizon lovers ill give a big. F U now

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Imsorussian For This Useful Post:

PotatoHead (06-30-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    NEED? 0
    How many we will get? I'd say a couple dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by ghscion View Post
    verizon does have the best service as far as signal but verizon does not have the best customer service like the worst so they can kiss my butt i would never go back to them i had to leave them when they screwed me the last time and i have never been happier with atts customer service i can deal with the kinda decent reception for that
    This is largely my situation as well. The only customer service better than ATT's that I have found is TMO. Too bad I get spotty as hell reception in my house with TMO
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-30-2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    here's why you'll never see an Iphone on Verizon-
    For the same reason Apple and Microsoft don't like each other...
    smear campaigns ...
    Droid X NY Times Ad Sneaks In iPhone 4 Jab

You think steve would let his iphone on a network that bashes his phone?
    Your all as dumb as the pencil pushing wannabe geeks at bloomberg if u think so.

#1. That is Motorola ad.
    #2. It is just stating the obvious, iPhone is a phone 1st after all it took 5 letters of its name and the i is only 1 letter. It should work normally as a phone instead of dazzling people with all the i and hope people do not notice reception issue. I hope Motorola make more ads and Google make more ads about iPhone's reception problem. Jab more!!!
    Money makes all grudges go away, it is even more true in business. I take Bloombergs opinion over yours.

BTW this is a frustrated iPhone 4 owner with reception issue talking, not a Verizon supporter. But I am thinking about switching over since everyone I know have Verizon and they can not say enough about their service, while I get drop calls and static calls all the time...
    Last edited by unison999; 06-30-2010 at 07:12 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to unison999 For This Useful Post:

Retell (07-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak? ATTILA THE HUN's Avatar
    Thanks

YES at last promise to be the 1st to move from at&t with all my family account one iphone plus 4 blackberryis

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

As I stated in the other Verizon thread about people saying why post this. Look at other tech sites they post it too. So as an Apple tech site then why should we skip over certain articles?

He is not like "OMG!!!!!!! Verizon FTW" He is just reporting what other tech sites are reporting.

So please keep this to a verizon discussion and not bashing the MMi staff.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (06-30-2010), thetoothfairy (07-01-2010)

Thanks

why does everyone make such a big deal of this? if it would go to another carrier then that will be less traffic on att. the only thing i would like to see is how apple will handle themselves when they have to produce double the phones for launch day when they cant even keep the supply going now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

Ok, everyone stop and take a deep breath. I wish I could quote everyone here, but there's not enough space here. A few people have made a good point for each side. One person almost hit it on the head, only they got it backwards.

The first carrier Apple approached to carry the iPhone was Verizon. Verizon was more than happy to provide their network for the iPhone. The only problem was that Apple wanted Verizon to use internal testing, meaning that Verizon's R&D would be testing the phone. Only problem here is Verizon does not do internal R&D in the field, they outsource all of their field testing. The "can you here me know?" guy doesn't work for Verizon. Because of this fact Apple approached Cingular (now AT&T). Cingular did, and still does, all of their field testing internally. Each phone AT&T places on their shelves goes through at least 400 hours of internal field testing. This is why AT&T now carries the iPhone, with a five year exclusive. Being that iPhone 4 just launched that means AT&T has one more year left in their contract. So, if it was ever possible for Verizon to get the iPhone it wouldn't be until June/July of 2012.

Apple has had enough problems with internal field tester, especially after this year. I don't think they would ever allow their prototype equipment be tested by contractors that don't care. This in on top of the whole network thing, being CDMA and all. But, theres already been enough talk about that.

My final point, and I apologize for being so long winded. AT&T, like any wireless phone provider, wants you on a contract. They are guaranteed revenue that way. Being that iPhone customers are higher revenue customers their LTV (lifetime value) is meet about four months into their contract. That means eight months of gravy until a new iPhone. Then, yes, they will let you upgrade into the never ending cycle of iPhone year after year after year. Like many user I have carried every iPhone, and probably will continue to because it truly is a superior product.

Once again I apologize for being long winded, but after four pages of posts I wanted to hit these points, and if your still reading, Thank You!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PotatoHead For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (06-30-2010), pjbtk (06-30-2010), Retell (07-01-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quick summery of my favorite points made by people on the last few pages:

1. Apple won't build a CDMA iPhone just for release on Verizon's network, China also runs on the inferior CDMA network, China is a market so large it makes Verizon look like pocket change.

2. While it is true that Verizon's (4G, LTE) network will be GSM based, Verizon has stated it will not be able to suspend its CDMA operations until at least 2010. Which means if a GSM iPhone will be on a Verizon network, it will only work in major cities (which will still take until at least 2012 to just get operating) and means that unlike ATT's network where you only get Edge in the middle of noware, you won't even be able to place a call.

3. For the first time ever it has been proven that service issues can be blamed on the iDevice which makes Apple look bad for putting out an unpolished product, they wouldn't risk exposing their customers to a different type of network they aren't equipped to handle, be it CDMA or LTE.

4. A CDMA phone and GSM phone being manufactured at the same, strangles supply 100x harder than having a black phone and a white phone. We have enough manufacturing issues as it is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post

So please keep this to a verizon discussion and not bashing the MMi staff.
    Not bashing MMi Staff, but why not just link to the previous threads? Just about every post in this thread has been posted many times before in many other threads, this is not news, it's rumour and the argument has been done to death.

Is there one single post in this thread that has not been said in one of the many other 'Verizon may get the iPhone' threads?

Every few days, it seems, this rumour gets repeated and we get another thread which is almost identical to the last one.

Next time it happens can't you just copy/paste all the replies from this thread to save everyone typing?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe someday people these so called rumors just might be reality! I love the Verizon is going to get the iPhone posts! I love reading all of the frustrating comments from people.

"Always remember your special and unique!"