+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone Sales Estimates Through The Roof

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by k.nitsua Just would like to repeat what I said in a previous VZW iPhone thread... Verizon iPhone out there in the wild? Per the post: "Before you
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    Just would like to repeat what I said in a previous VZW iPhone thread...
    Verizon iPhone out there in the wild?

Per the post:

"Before you get all excited, it's important to note that the chart above likely refers to iPhone users connecting via Verizon DSL or FiOS"

so where else is the proof of a Verizon iPhone in the wild as you pointed out?

I too think it will be T-Mobile since they will have an iPhone in the UK pretty soon:
    iPhone 4 Coming to T-Mobile in UK

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StevenB For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (06-30-2010)

Thanks

Apple stock will jump like crazy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maerlyn13 View Post
    No, No.. I doubt LTE will roll out soon. Im just saying that its a possibility that that Verizon will switch to GSM first. Just like its a possibility they MAY get the iPhone.. Anything is possible.
    Verizon is not using LTE for voice. Verizon is using LTE for data and phasing out EVDO. The Verizon head has said their CDMA network will remain in tact at least until 2020. Google it.

Also remember Verizon has a big coverage area. To get LTE going they will most likely start with big cities. Thus leaving all the outer areas and middle America with CDMA for voice and EVDO for data until they can get LTE to more areas. It is going to be a slow rollout once Verizon has the big cities covered. This also helps them make sure their network will work properly. Can you imagine them paying to cover all of America where they have plentiful CDMA and EVDO coverage? It would cost an astronomical amount and give them little time to test things against real world use.

Also EVDO is still being rolled out to certain parts of America (and how long has it been out?). Common business sense people, I mean come on...
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

5. The Following User Says Thank You to southfrisco For This Useful Post:

Retell (06-30-2010)

Thanks

Captain verizon strikes again

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    LMAO yea let me see LTE roll out in January...
    Thats like saying you all should have 3D tv's already... whats the hold up?

@K.Nitsua
    your points are flawed. My 2 points alone negate almost all of yours.
    Your points don't necessarily negate my points. I agree that a T-Mobile iPhone makes more sense as far as ease goes, especially since T-Mobile UK is getting the phone. But Verizon undoubtedly has a much more vast network and userbase... not to mention Bloomberg's source didn't mention T-Mobile.

I'm simply saying... previous VZW rumors, I shrugged off. But Bloomberg is a highly regarded business news source, I don't think they would publish a "rumor" unless it had some SERIOUS backing. So I'm on board and believe that the VZW iPhone WILL be released in 2011.

And to the one who commented on the mobile browsing Verizon iPhone, I didn't know that that speculation was shut down.

Still, Steve Jobs usually touted and praised their affiliation with AT&T in his keynotes... this time around, nothing. Only mentioned AT&T for early upgrades.

I think Steve Jobs is trying to pull around from its affiliation with AT&T. It makes sense since AT&T has been getting bad press. He's going to push to sell the PHONE and not the network, as it once was.

I'm sure you are all sick of the VZW rumors. I am too. I'm not gonna pretend to not be one of the people who looks on this front page, sees the damn Verizon logo and mumbles "here we go again", then foam at the mouth. But with big dogs tossing their sources into it, this is shaping more and more to be legit. I felt this way when the iPhone 4 was leaked. So I'm going with that feeling this time around.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 06-30-2010 at 11:59 AM.
    #eli7e revived me

Green Apple
    Thanks

I dnt see Apple creating a device on Verizon that has less functionality than the AT&T version, Apple themselves have made commercials showing the iPhone using talk/data at the same time, currently this is impossible on Verizon without wifi.

Only time will tell but I'm convinced that if Apple wouldn't make a CDMA model for China, then I doubt they'd do it for a much smaller Verizon if it's all about revenue stream.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

If you look at it from a business point if view, apple would be insane to not bring the iPhone to verizon. They want to dominate the market, and make billions of dollars...bringing the iPhone to verizon, and AT&T will do this, it's kinda a no brainer.

As for all the people who don't want it to go to verizon...why do u feel that way? As a current AT&T/iPhone user, I only see good things if this happens. I would love it if all my friends had iPhones, I could use FaceTime, play games, shared apps...etc. It would be awesome! But right now that can't happen because ALL my friends have verizon. Also, both AT&T would start to compete even more for our business, which could mean better pricing and better service.

I personally will stay with AT&T, they have always been good to me. But i really wouldn't mind Verizon getting the iPhone!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iLoveWindows&iPhone For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (06-30-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple isn't going to push a phone without all the features it intends to have (data access while in a phone call) maybe when verizon deploys LTE and covers more than 50% of the nation with it we'll see some development on their carrier. So until then, keep dreaming.

Thanks

First of all I don't believe for a minute that Verizon would be the one to announce this. Apple would be the one to announce it. But regardless, this all sounds great. Now can we please shut the hell up about it until January. When it doesn't get announced by anyone. LET IT GO ALREADY!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know that this always pops up about once a month but now I am seeing this on my local news and the national news....not just on modmyi or other internet sources.

I am by no means saying that its going happen 100% but it seems that the "rumors" are now gaining some momentum/possible credibility.

We will obviously have to wait and see what happens. I personally think Apple would not want to pass up the opportunity to expand and increase its customer/client base. I hope it does come to fruition. Ive had AT&T forever and I am tired of the Deathstar thinking its top dog with just one single phone. I have had numerous iphones and I like it alot but I am also not naive enough to think its literally the BEST phone or that it always will be as I like many different things about many phones and their OS.

Just my 2 cents...

iPhone? More like MyPhone geoffe's Avatar
    Thanks

Now Verizon customers will know how it feels to stand in long lines waiting for the iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Verizon is in the Android bandwagon. This is simply bit happening until the AT&T contract runs out in 2 years as it has been reported over and over and over again.

Though I am surprised no one has tried taken the approach of "that's why AT&T allowed anyone with an upgrade this year to get an iPhone 4".

ATT has done a superb job not collapsing under the weight of iPhone users alone while making improvements (see the 3.5g thread).

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

i could care less, im not going back to verizon. im under contract regardless.

What's Jailbreak? drjailbreakMD's Avatar
    Thanks

Not to mention the lack of being able to web browse and talk on the phone using verizons network!!! What would be the point of our beloved iPhones?? Verizon needs to get lost!!

Thanks

Talking verizon and apple, never
    I doubt Verizon will get the iPhone anytime soon. Verizon rejected Apple because Apple wanted to much control over the phone. When Verizon gets a phone they want to have complete control over it. Also apple gets around $10 a month from every customer that uses the iPhone on ATT. Verizon is will likely never share revenues with apple, Apple demands way to much from the network.

Also it is very likely Verizon will also adopt tiered data plans because no carrier wants its users to lag up the network by downloading things. Either that or they will reduce your data speeds. they can't afford to have your rape the network by watching movies all day long. Just think if everyone was doing it. Nobody could make a call. Especially when a lot more people are buying smartphones a tiered plan is coming, stop denying it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

early termination fee all the way!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When it comes to data coverage areas, current CDMA based technologies are inferior when there are a lot of users simply because of how signals are handled by them (not refering to LTE or even HSPA+). All users share the entire alloted spectrum which gives great speeds - until you share them with a hundred others. Furthermore the more users in a particular area, the more codes a site will need to assign to them so they can share the spectrum leading to a higher noise floor which in turn leads to less coverage because the phone will have a harder time distinguishing its code from all the rest.
    On the otherhand even to get the iPhone on T-Mobile, Apple will need to add or modify the Iphones radios to work on T-Mobile UMTS bands. There is no sense to have an awesome phone that can only do Edge.

I believe Verizon (or any carrier) will need serious upgrades to handle 12M iphones properly. AT&T would have a great network if it weren't for all the iphones. With the current demand for iPhone 4 the way it is; it's very unlikely for anyone to get it by 2011. Not even a smart move for Apple because it wouldn't be able to keep up with the orders. Sorry for the long post - just my two cents.
    Last edited by biskander; 06-30-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Anything is possible but I don't see it. Nor do I see Apple saying adios AT&T and moving to Verizon. So that would mean there would be an AT&T iphone & a Verizon iPhone. If it's not going to be dual data and voice I don't see Apple going that route. I could see them hooking up with the iPad though for data.

Don't really know how to word this but that would make the iphone loose some of it's as SJ would say magic to me It's bad enough you see tons of iphones already. If they were on Verizon also it would lose it's appeal of being an exclusive phone, that other carriers want but can't get and it's great at what it does but I'd probably try one of the other phones just to stand out a little from the group I hand with.

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

who really cares at this point? All a Verizon iphone will do is put an iphone in more hands than before. If you guys think ATT and APPLE have a death grip on what you do with your phone service, wait until you deal with Verizon. Their network would be slow at times too if they have 7 million iphone customers loading up their network.

This story is lame already....but i will jump on stock shares and open up a Verizon store if it was the case...lol Hey, money is green.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

At the top of the Bloomberg article it says; and I quote, "Updates with comment from AT&T, RIM in seventh paragraph." But the only comment is 'no comment', lol.

-The 7th Paragraph:
    "Peter Thonis, a spokesman for Verizon Communications, and Mark Siegel, an AT&T spokesman, declined to comment. Tenille Kennedy, a spokeswoman for Research in Motion Ltd., didnít return a call seeking comment."

Just found it a bit funny.