+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More validation of known reception issues?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So by now everyone knows not to hold their shiny new iPhone 4 if they want to get reception (supposidly). Now I have not had issues with mine yet, but
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Default More validation of known reception issues?
    So by now everyone knows not to hold their shiny new iPhone 4 if they want to get reception (supposidly). Now I have not had issues with mine yet, but many MANY have.

The response from Apple thus far has been mostly "There is no issue" or "You're holding it wrong".

Well a recent job listing from Apple obviously serves to validate the issue as real, known and bad.

Engadget Info:
    Three Apple job postings for iPhone / iPad antenna engineers to "Define and implement antenna system architecture to optimize the radiation performance for wireless portable devices." All three were posted on June 23rd, the same day that we started seeing widespread reporting of the left-handed reception issues. Coincidence?
    Link: Engadget

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by cpjr; 06-30-2010 at 07:59 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (06-30-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow.. that's ill timed!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What do I think? I think they should have done this PROactively instead of rushing this phone into release and then trying to bail themselves out after millions have already purchased this device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well thats convient LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe the previous engineers assured them it would not be an issue, so when it turned out to be a problem they canned those guys? Seems strange though..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Horrible

iPhone? More like MyPhone SchmilK's Avatar
    Thanks

/me has the solution.

Dear Steve Jobs,
    The fix for your reception issues are easy to fix. Replace the metal sim tray with a plastic one like in previous iPhones.

I will accept your reward of 1.2 miiiiiiilion dollars now

k-thx
    -SchmilK-

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

^ lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

OMG here we go again with the endless "Grassy Knoll" postings. Here, add this one to the list... Truth on Retina display---It actually scans your eye and sends what you are seeing to Apple and ATT. Verison Hacked the program to intercept the images and when Verizon sees where you are holding your iPhone it tries to crash your iPhone reception... There that about sums up the entire death grip problem.. Big brother "Apple" that has over two million people tracking over two million iPhones was hacked by Verizon in an evil plot to make Apple and ATT look bad for not letting it have the iPhone until 2011...

ALMOST Forgot... Bill Gates is funding the project and Obama has created a CZAR to oversee the whole thing to "wag the dog" to coverup the BP oil spill, And Palin can see the whole thing from her front yard while on the phone with Blago to try and take over Chicago...

REALLY People...???!!!??? lol

D
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 06-30-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm wondering if I should hold out on buying the new iPhone now..
    I've been trying to sell my 3GS and then planning on running out and buying a 32gig 4g.
    Anyone know if those rubber Bumper things for the phone help with the reception issue?

And if I buy the new 4, and then they start releasing them with better reception shortly after, I'll be pissed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    OMG here we go again with the endless "Grassy Knoll" postings. Here, add this one to the list... Truth on Retina display---It actually scans your eye and sends what you are seeing to Apple and ATT. Verison Hacked the program to intercept the images and when Verizon sees where you are holding your iPhone it tries to crash your iPhone reception... There that about sums up the entire death grip problem.. Big brother "Apple" that has over two million people tracking over two million iPhones was hacked by Verizon in an evil plot to make Apple and ATT look bad for not letting it have the iPhone until 2011...

ALMOST Forgot... Bill Gates is funding the project and Obama has created a CZAR to oversee the whole thing to "wag the dog" to coverup the BP oil spill, And Palin can see the whole thing from her front yard while on the phone with Blago to try and take over Chicago...

REALLY People...???!!!??? lol

D
    thats just hilarious

13. The Following User Says Thank You to eortizr For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (06-30-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so hopefully they get it fixed but WHERE IS THE JAILBREAK.I AM READY READY READY FOR THAT

Thanks

deep down, steve is shaking in his boots
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    I'm wondering if I should hold out on buying the new iPhone now..
    I've been trying to sell my 3GS and then planning on running out and buying a 32gig 4g.
    Anyone know if those rubber Bumper things for the phone help with the reception issue?

And if I buy the new 4, and then they start releasing them with better reception shortly after, I'll be pissed.
    Any case will help... Hard shell is better... Oh and all phones suffer from this some sort of way or another. More prevalent on the smart phones because we tend to hold them to see the screen more. Motorola, Nokia and my HTC do the same damn thing. Albiet not as bad but it does happen. Put a blanket over a gps device and you will still have reception. Put your skin on t and see them sat signals go bye bye...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

brianlg (06-30-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I like the fact they are being proactive about the issue. I am hoping there will be a solution without having to wait for the next generation phone to come out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default reception
    Perhaps all phones do this to an extent but I've never seen it this bad on any of my previous cell phones (incl, 3GS, 3G, Touch HD, Nokia N95, Nokia N80, Nokia 6680).

Holding my iPhone 4 in my left hand (as I usually do), supporting the phone at the base with my palm (something I do intuitively), I go from full reception to "searching" within 30 seconds.

I've already had problems making phone calls and I refuse to purchase a case to "fix" the problem. I sense a certain arrogance from the Apple Store staff and it's no wonder; Steve Jobs is hardly one to eat humble pie.

I will be taking mine for a full refund or replacement - free bumper if offered will be declined. I do not wish to own 499.99 worth of communications equipment that can't make phone calls without a case. So much for owning a "Premium" smartphone that you can't "hold it that way".

This is a clear case of "Faulty or misdescribed product" which under UK law atleast is very easy to get a refund for. I sense Steve will have to look into this problem with a little more seriousness in the very near future and probably send all the returned units to developing world where consumer laws aren't so well defined.

One more thing - Funny how the bumpers are the 1st case that Apple have made. Surely they must've known about this problem? This makes it even more ridiculous that they want to charge 25.00 for a piece of plastic crap that probably cost 0.50p to produce to fix THEIR problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Just sayin............

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails More validation of known reception issues?-tire1.jpg  
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

bobright (06-30-2010), dale1v (06-30-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcgore View Post
    I like the fact they are being proactive about the issue. I am hoping there will be a solution without having to wait for the next generation phone to come out.
    You consider "There is no problem" and "You're holding it wrong" proactive?!

I guess some consumers are easier to satisfy than I am.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Feeling like I should hold off on the iPhone 4.. What other phones are coming out tho? Galaxy S?

Thanks

Really?

The tape thing?

Wow, well if you believe that, come talk to me, I've got a bridge in New York you could buy on the cheap.