+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppleCare Leak: No Warranty Service, No Free Bumpers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I really want to yell out profanity right now. If there is a firmware update it is most likely just changing so the bars do not show reduction in reception.
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I really want to yell out profanity right now.
    If there is a firmware update it is most likely just changing so the bars do not show reduction in reception. The actual reception issue should be physical problem not software, since they say how you hold the phone is the issue.
    Gonna have to tell people not to buy iPhone4 or cancel their order if they want a phone, buying this POS with bad reception is not worth it. Sure there is a lot of nice features, but this is phone first other features 2nd.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone925 View Post
    I want to see a classaction law suit on apple
    This is what is wrong with our society these days. Everyone wants to sue this person that person. If your so disgruntle then take the phone back.Then go buy something else and complain about that one because it has a issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtb29er View Post
    This is what is wrong with our society these days. Everyone wants to sue this person that person. If your so disgruntle then take the phone back.Then go buy something else and complain about that one because it has a issue.

Well shouldn't we expect the phone too work the way it suppose to be after paying all that money and signing a contract with att for 2 years ? and when people like you don't want to admit that there is a designing flaw then people like us in society needs to FILE LAW SUITS so people like you and apple dont sell faulty products to there customers and when customers ask them for help all they give is bunch of BS
    Last edited by iphone925; 06-29-2010 at 06:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    I really want to yell out profanity right now.
    If there is a firmware update it is most likely just changing so the bars do not show reduction in reception. The actual reception issue should be physical problem not software, since they say how you hold the phone is the issue.
    Gonna have to tell people not to buy iPhone4 or cancel their order if they want a phone, buying this POS with bad reception is not worth it. Sure there is a lot of nice features, but this is phone first other features 2nd.
    That is only a temporary fix. It is more likely that the iPhone is not switching frequencies to accommodate the interference of the hand. I see this on 3G only. If I am running Edge I have no signal issues. If the phone does not know to switch frequencies when the signal starts to drop then it will continue to drop or get low. This is all handled by the phone and not hardware.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,090 Times in 805 Posts

"Gripping almost any mobile phone in certain places will reduce its reception.... it is a fact of life in the wireless world."
    yes, but not all the signal bars, you high class ripoff merchant A.K.A Stv Jobs

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok this maybe the wrong place to post this. but I just finished talking to a friend on face time on my new iPhone 4 using mywi, this is the way I did it .I set up a wifi connection on my girlfriend jailbreak 3GS using mywi and I connected on her phone like a normal wifi and ban it worked lol. If anyone care to know if mywi will work when the jailbreak is out now you know hahahahaha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is it the same with all i4's or is it just some of them?

How bad is it? Should I just stick with the 3Gs? or is it still worth upgrading with these annoyances?
    Last edited by redmcmac; 06-29-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I got the free bumper cause my phone was still sitting in a warehouse in China on the 24th. Well, I had actually already bought it when I pre-ordered but they just knocked the price of it off.
    But anyway, back on topic. I'm usually not one to defend Apple but I don't see what the big deal is. I really have to try to get my phone to drop 2 bars of service (without the bumper). I imagine some of you may have a defective unit but alot of you are just trying to get something for nothing. Or maybe AT&T has been great service all along and the iPhone is just a piece of s#%t...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redmcmac View Post
    Is it the same with all i4's or is it just some of them?

How bad is it? Should I just stick with the 3Gs? or is it still worth upgrading with these annoyances?
    Definitely worth it in my opinion and I'm having the reception issue. Its a pretty minor annoyance for me because I'm not experiencing dropped calls or failure to send data.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Is this legal? I mean we have 1 year warranty correct? And this is a hardware/software issue a defect in the phone, shouldn't our warranty cover this? I mean they can't really legally change up the warranty policy for those who purchased the phone before the change? We don't have any legal rights to get a replacement if we are given a defective product?

Thanks

So i'm assuming that it's too late to get a free bumper?
    "The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"

'Follow Me on Twitter@Markanthony3211' I always Follow Back.

Thanks

Strange, I've never had reception issues on any other phone before because I "held it" the way in which it's comfortable for me to hold it. I believe that just as much as I believe that Steve Jobs isn't an old troll who's time is about to run out on him...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post
    It's got to be painful to be working the support lines at AppleCare these days: you're getting calls from (justifiably) angry customers and being told by your boss to watch your "tone."
    Fk their tone, they have $699 of MY MONEY (plus tax paid) for a product they are going to attempt to convince me is not faulty as their strategy to fix the KNOWN ISSUE as they try to save face and their own azz.

I don't care if their tone massages my gentle soul like a rushing river the end result is fix the problem or you get to hear MY TONE for a while.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

14. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

cpkirkley (06-29-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

If Apple wont fix it, I don't want the phone. Plain & simple. Yes, my free bumpers are waiting to be shipped courtesy of Apple, but still.
    Why can't I use it like my last couple of iPhones? The ads show people holding it the way I do & it works fine for them. Why doesn't it work for me?

If I was selling new cars & I told you it is a great car, but you can not fill the fuel tank more than halfway or it leaks. We designed it to leak, but don't worry, I can sell you this patch so you can fill it all the way. Would you buy it?

Thanks

Not the end of the world, just dropped $63 on 2 bumpers today for my wife and my phones. Didn't plan on getting them, but we have both had dropped calls / data latency when not doing the Vulcan hold on phone. Actually think they are designed pretty cool with the embedded buttons and all.

What would be interesting though, is what might turn up in discovery if a suit is filed. If it can be proven that either a) bumpers where designed as a remedy to a known issue (a hotfix post production) or b) bumpers where sold to discretely camouflage a known defect.

Oh well, saving my receipt and will see what comes about. In any event, I'm still happy with my phone and glad I bought it. Frankly, for me and the Mrs., the bigger problem is the stupid sensor not cutting touchscreen off quick and consistently enough - resulting in calls getting hung up on / muted / put on hold / speakerphone'd or random digits coming across line. Bleeeeding edge? Ugh...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Is this legal? I mean we have 1 year warranty correct? And this is a hardware/software issue a defect in the phone, shouldn't our warranty cover this? I mean they can't really legally change up the warranty policy for those who purchased the phone before the change? We don't have any legal rights to get a replacement if we are given a defective product?
    Seriously, how is that legal?

I'm going to raise hell for a replacement before my 14 days are up I've only had the phone a few days. Also Apple fanboys just stay out of this thread, like above poster said its no big deal to him because he isnt getting dropped calls. If you arent having issues and are NOT getting DROPPED CALLS dont post in this thread, period.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Not the end of the world, just dropped $63 on 2 bumpers today for my wife and my phones. Didn't plan on getting them, but we have both had dropped calls / data latency when not doing the Vulcan hold on phone. Actually think they are designed pretty cool with the embedded buttons and all.
    I bet that looks pretty too don't it? Your brand new slick metal banded futuristic iphone wrapped in a good year tire so it will work.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

19. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

goodgod2 (06-29-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

The bumpers actually don't look that bad. Of course I prefer not to use protection

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I wanna get in the Class action Law sue , I also have issues, and since Steve, was nice enough to convince us to buy an Iphone 4, then he should be held accountable for his lies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphone925 View Post
    Well shouldn't we expect the phone too work the way it suppose to be after paying all that money and signing a contract with att for 2 years ? and when people like you don't want to admit that there is a designing flaw then people like us in society needs to FILE LAW SUITS so people like you and apple dont sell faulty products to there customers and when customers ask them for help all they give is bunch of BS

Did I deny that this was a issue? dont think so buddy. As I said if you r so disgruntle about it take it back.people like me sell faulty product? My friend dont accuse me of selling faulty product. Im simply making a valid point. Take it back and get something different.before you do you might want to check this out. I dont see that law firm going after them and why not. Well my guess is they no that the iphone is getting major attention right now and want sometime of notoriety and be in the lime light

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAHglTfC8es[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaDE941PzQk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2g5J4qPp54[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi1gHDa7-X0[/ame]

this was actually posted on here someplace so thank you for whoever it was
    Last edited by mtb29er; 06-29-2010 at 06:32 PM.