Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppleCare Leak: No Warranty Service, No Free Bumpers

Just admit that the reception design is bad dam it!

Thanks

Free bumpers is better than recall

I can attest to this, tried getting my phone replaced for the reception issue and they said we arent offering replacements for reception issues. Which is ********.

Should I demand a refund? Thing is im now on a contract. If I get a refund and repurchase one since they wont "replace" it would I be opening a NEW contract if I re-purchase?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

I want that bumperrrrr

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Thought I'd share this in case other people have this issue as well: my iPhone 4 has the much publicized reception issue BUT ONLY when its connected to wifi. It also refuses to push my mail when on wifi. When I turn wifi off or I'm out of range of a wifi connection, I CANNOT get the 3G reception to fade no matter how I touch it and it pushes my mail religiously.

When on wifi, if my left hand gets within 2 feet of it (mostly joking), it loses all reception almost immediately (including wifi) and won't push mail. I've tested this repeatedly in front of friends with the same result every time. Very, very strange. Its like the reception issue is tied to the wifi antennae or something.
    I just tested that and for me it does not matter if I am connected to wifi or not I still lose signal.

I don't think the bumper will solve anything. As it will be covering up exactly what apple says not to cover. Besides I notice most of my bars droping when I place it in the xtand. If you know what this is it only covers the four corner sides and nothing else. As soon as I take it out and lay flat or hold *daintily* it's fine.

I would also like to note once I did the diagnostic on the AT&T app as well as a few data failure submissions. My reception has gone to 4-5 bars steady. So, not sure.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I'm glad that my free bumper is already in the mail
    I had mine today, looks fine, and really protect "My Precious"
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Quote Originally Posted by silentfire619 View Post
    I just tested that and for me it does not matter if I am connected to wifi or not I still lose signal.
    What about mail, is it pushing it regularly or only sporadicly or not at all? I have yet to have a message pushed while on wifi

i for one personally whould like to know about the people who ...waited inline for multiple hours on launch day ... purchased the iphone 4 .. dock and BUMPER .... i payed 30.00 for my bumper ... so for people like me who went the extra step and payed for THE BUMPER ....now people are getting them free... i for one am not satisfied with this.. what are your guys opinions on this ??

iPhone? More like MyPhone ro0oney's Avatar
    Thanks

Although iPhone 4 is having a lot of problems ppl r still buying it!
    Like for instance u can't make a video call unless u have a wifi! and yet, not any wifi a gd one for a better performance.
    Another thing, the camera.. 5 megapixel? R u kidding me, new phones now r up to 8 and 12!!
    Plus, I sooo wasn't thrilled by the name "iPhone 4" y 4? if someone can plz clarify, I was so disappointed when the g wasn't there on the first day the phone was intorduced.
    I wanted u new iPhone but am so glad I didn't get u

Well everyone can email them or call this law firm I have already emailed them and also left a message to Jennifer CONSUMER INVESTIGATION: iPHONE 4 Dropped Calls and Reception Problems they are getting ready to file an class action law suit on apple for this

You know it's kind of funny when I think about it. While in line on the 24th all apple employees were pushing these bumpers. Then again when you made it to the front of the line. Then again when they brought you into the store. And then again when billing you out. Anybody else have this same experience?

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Remember guys the antenna is the result of brilliant engineering
    Lmao!
    #eli7e revived me

"3. Donít forget YOU STILL NEED to probe and troubleshoot. If a customer calls about their reception while the phone is sitting on a table (not being held) it is not the metal band."

Thats a simple way to make calls! Good move Apple!

Damn, i love Apple, but the timeline of circumstances is sad:
    Gizmorons Secret Discover > Apple rush to launch i4 > Some factory "issues" > Bumper "casual" launch > Law suit!

ffs...just buy a case already and quit complaining! Whats 30$ more to protect and improve a device you've obviously spent a good amount of money on?

imo, you should have a case already reguardless of the reception issue. I want my phone to stay in as best condition possible

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

thats y u use the head set.... i always use mine... no problems at all..
    No signature links or spam... only warning

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Thought I'd share this in case other people have this issue as well: my iPhone 4 has the much publicized reception issue BUT ONLY when its connected to wifi. It also refuses to push my mail when on wifi. When I turn wifi off or I'm out of range of a wifi connection, I CANNOT get the 3G reception to fade no matter how I touch it and it pushes my mail religiously.

When on wifi, if my left hand gets within 2 feet of it (mostly joking), it loses all reception almost immediately (including wifi) and won't push mail. I've tested this repeatedly in front of friends with the same result every time. Very, very strange. Its like the reception issue is tied to the wifi antennae or something.
    I only loose reception when 3G is enabled. I have WiFi and Bluetooth enabled and 3G disabled and I have 0 issues. Turn 3G on and the signal drops.

A Bumper WILL NOT solve this issue. Even with my bumper I will loose signal if my hand is near with 3G on.

This is not a hardware issue. The issue is with the way the phone is handling frequencies. Once they fix that in a patch it will be fixed. No more complaining. People get over it and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by iphone925 View Post
    I want to see a classaction law suit on apple
    Why? So a small group of lawyers will get tens of millions of dollars and iPhone 4 purchasers will get $10 off a bumper?

i felt as if i was pushed to buy everything that affiliated with the iphone in general .. no only the bumper ... i told the guy who took me into buy the iphone 4 that i have owned every iphone to date .. and he still kept pressing me for mobile me and BUMPER .... i fell that i have payed 30.00 dollars for something that they HAVE AND STILL DO give free bumpers to people who have complained ... i feel its still 50-50 about holding it this or that way ... with and without the damn bumper

felt as if i was pushed to buy everything that affiliated with the iphone in general .. no only the bumper ... i told the guy who took me into buy the iphone 4 that i have owned every iphone to date .. and he still kept pressing me for mobile me and BUMPER .... i fell that i have payed 30.00 dollars for something that they HAVE AND STILL DO give free bumpers to people who have complained ... i feel its still 50-50 about holding it this or that way ... with and without the damn bumper
    Last edited by ampdrinkr8; 06-29-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The bumper looks ugly. Makes the phone cheesy. It ain't easy being cheesy [%

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast