Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bloomberg: Verizon to Offer iPhone in January 2011

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Bloomberg: Verizon to Offer iPhone in January 2011

The rumor mill may have been early, but it's about to be proven correct - says Bloomberg.

It appears that Verizon, the largest U.S. mobile-phone company, will at long last finally introduce coverage for Apple's iPhone next year - possibly as early as January. Bloomberg is reporting from two familiar sources in the know (not something a major, credible news source like Bloomberg does very often) that AT&T's exclusive hold on the iPhone is effectively over.

Verizon Wireless, now laboring to roll out a high-speed fourth-generation network, is expected to include the iPhone in its big new product unveiling in January at the Consumer Electronics Show. Verizon's network coverage for the iPhone 4 will dramatically improve the user experience for both AT&T and Verizon iPhone customers, as the network expansion will significantly reduce the overwhelming data burdens presently incumbent on AT&T, the sole carrier of the iPhone in the US.

UBS AG analyst John Hodulik tells Bloomberg that Apple is going to drastically "increase the number of devices it sells in the US when exclusivity at AT&T ends. It’s hard to ignore the quality issues that AT&T has faced.” For now, spokespersons at Apple, AT&T, and Verizon are not commenting on the Bloomberg report, which for the most part, is presenting the iPhone's arrival on the Verizon network as fact rather than a mere possibility.

Of course, some conspiracy theorists are already speculating that the "leak" may be intentional by Verizon as a means to sway some folks to hold off on upgrading to the iPhone 4 and, consequently, extending their love-hate relationship with AT&T for another twenty-four months. As Verizon looks to ramp up its competitive efforts in the smartphone marketplace in the coming months, it isn't impossible to fathom the carrier pulling such a clever stunt.
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 06-29-2010 at 02:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

DomicanXxX (06-29-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ill believe it when i see it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    ill believe it when i see it!
    ditto!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I still don't see it. Apple has really jumped on board with Google to combat the iPhone and push the "droid" into the main stream. Jobs and Apple hold grudges so I will believe it when I see it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

kakaka verizon user are crazy to have the iphone and make this damm rumor jajaja iphone cant be use in verizon and never will so stop making fake rumor

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    I still don't see it. Apple has really jumped on board with Google to combat the iPhone and push the "droid" into the main stream. Jobs and Apple hold grudges so I will believe it when I see it.
    You mean Verizon and Google, I doubt Apple is combating the iPhone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Razz For This Useful Post:

cory (06-29-2010)

no verizone iphone news anymore... i mean rumours, when this is true then write a story.

You guys post this same ******* story every week.

^exactly. tired of hearing this.

Twitter: @tshoults

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

caleb9707 (06-29-2010), Markanthony3211 (06-29-2010)

It's official!!! iPhone come to cricket end of august this year

14. The Following User Says Thank You to holycowe For This Useful Post:

DontBplayaHaten (06-29-2010)

another rip off company to have the best phone.

these days nothing good to hear.

blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blablah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah,blah blah blah song.

Like everyone say, ill believe it when i see it.

Why won't this rumor die?????!!?!?!?!?!?

2012! Same year as the end of the world. It's been confirmed over and over and over yet here we are with another frigging article about nothing

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Srbin View Post
    another rip off company to have the best phone.

these days nothing good to hear.
    Nobody can be as bad as AT&T unless you live in a BIG city it might be ok but get away from the BIG city then then you will see what everybody who talks bad about them has to put up with!

And with this others will come!

This will hurt AT&T big time!

Thanks

Yea enough with the Verizon sh*t already. It aint gonna happen until it happens so please shut up about it until it happens. At this point, someone is bound to actually nail when Christ is going to return before they ever get this sh*t right.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH who FREAKING CARES!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone on Verizon
    Look if verizon folks want the iPhone so badly then they should purchase one outright. Use the WiFi to download textfree and vonage. Carry their Myfi device everywhere they go and keep the iPhone connected to it. Just stick it to verizone by using only the data plan and drop your cell minutes. Vonage is cheaper anyway. Quit crying about AT&T having it and do something about it. I agree with all of you that this rumor's life expectancy is well past it's prime.
    Last edited by Captain_Candyass; 06-29-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks

I could care less now if verizon gets the iphone. I just switched to att for the new iphone 4 (yes I hate att, but I'm an apple junkie... no interventions please). So for the next two years I'll be on att. if they do get it good. that means everyone will switch over to verizon and there will be less of a demand on att data networks. Better speeds for me then.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down iPhone for Verizon my big chapped ***!
    Seriously! K this is getting really old and very stupid. Verizon has their Droid X coming on the way which will be as close to the iPhone as Verizon customers will ever get! Sorry Verizon subscribers! You'll never get the real deal of the iPhone on your network! For those of you who belive this verizon iPhone crap, u keep waiting on that miraculous release date, cuz it's never coming! END OF STORY!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast