+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bloomberg: Verizon to Offer iPhone in January 2011

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Damn this guy must b reaaaaallllly hoping the iPhone comes to verizon. Lol he's the only one who writes about it.
    Thanks

Damn this guy must b reaaaaallllly hoping the iPhone comes to verizon. Lol he's the only one who writes about it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How many times did I and many others post about how the iPhone would not be coming to verizon this year for a trillion and one reasons.. Once again, we're back to square 1.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

Well, it's going to happen eventually. We all know that. But it's interesting to hear that Verizon may be strategically announcing it's arrival a 6 six months early to dissuade iPhone 4 buyers from jumping ship for the new hotness.

Personally, I've waited 3 years already, and I'm in no rush. Actually, if the iPod Touch comes out I may have to skip the iP4 altogether. But it would certainly be nice to have an iPhone so I can finally add a dialer and chat mods to my themes.

Haha, it's funny to hear how angry iPhone users are over this. I think because they know the iPhone 4 on Verizon will trump their service pretty good.

What a bunch of babies.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 06-29-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm tried of this rumor. Somebody need to leave one at a bar.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

someday this will be true. and me and my i4 will have more people to facetime.. and possibly be able to do it over 3g when millions of people jump ship to Verizon... At&t network will be better then ever then!

The 20th Member
    Thanks

damn this is really boring its always the same guy thats writes tha same BS story bout verizon and iphone how bout doing the whole community a favor and stop going on rumors if it does happen wait for verizon to actually announce it!!! pls it gets very annoying maybe mmi should actually review their staff writers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    I could care less now if verizon gets the iphone. I just switched to att for the new iphone 4 (yes I hate att, but I'm an apple junkie... no interventions please). So for the next two years I'll be on att. if they do get it good. that means everyone will switch over to verizon and there will be less of a demand on att data networks. Better speeds for me then.
    Your right cory, I hope Verizon does get it so our AT&T speeds increase. I don't have problems with AT&T and never have.

And enough with this Verizon crap PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I believe it.

1. AT&T loses contractual exclusivity by 2011 unless it is renewed
    2. From a marketing standpoint, Verizon leaking this story does help reduce freelancers need to contract up with AT&T and wait for Verizon
    3. Bloomberg is a highly regarded news outlet with competent and credible sources
    4. Jobs HARDLY mentioned AT&T AT ALL in the last keynote, only mentioned when talked about early upgrades
    5. iPhone going on Verizon makes sense since it's on multiple carriers in EVERY other country EXCEPT the U.S.
    6. FaceTime is probably going to stay restricted from 3G until the load is lifted by a Verizon iPhone mob
    7. There is already proof that an Verizon iPhone is in the wild (its mobile browsing was detected).

So yeah, this story does appear a lot; but it would be stupid NOT to report this story when BLOOMBERG has.

This is an iPhone/Apple site. Since Apple is so damn secretive, a majority of what we hear in the blogosphere are RUMORS... period. So get used to seeing rumors on the front page... because, as we all know from the iPhone 4, they can be true.
    #eli7e revived me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    ill believe it when i see it!
    Looks like T-mobile will beat Verizon to the punch. check out T-mobile UK website. They mention on their home page that "iphone 4 coming soon to t-mobile"

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    I believe it.

1. AT&T loses contractual exclusivity by 2011 unless it is renewed
    2. From a marketing standpoint, Verizon leaking this story does help reduce freelancers need to contract up with AT&T and wait for Verizon
    3. Bloomberg is a highly regarded news outlet with competent and credible sources
    4. Jobs HARDLY mentioned AT&T AT ALL in the last keynote, only mentioned when talked about early upgrades
    5. iPhone going on Verizon makes sense since it's on multiple carriers in EVERY other country EXCEPT the U.S.
    6. FaceTime is probably going to stay restricted from 3G until the load is lifted by a Verizon iPhone mob
    7. There is already proof that an Verizon iPhone is in the wild (its mobile browsing was detected).

So yeah, this story does appear a lot; but it would be stupid NOT to report this story when BLOOMBERG has.

This is an iPhone/Apple site. Since Apple is so damn secretive, a majority of what we hear in the blogosphere are RUMORS... period. So get used to seeing rumors on the front page... because, as we all know from the iPhone 4, they can be true.
    If this was the first or second time the I would agree with you. However, this is probably one of over 50 different articles. All rumors, like this one. So it gets old after some time. When it comes out of Jobs' mouth, report it. Until then, you should see the trend of rumors and stop believing the plunders who do nothing but spread rumors.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Thanks

iphone and verizon just dont sound good together imho

Thanks

Talk talk talk, it'll be a rumor for a long time

Green Apple
    Thanks

If I had a dime for every time this site posted up a VZW to iPhone rumor.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here we go again

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will believe it when I see it too. I cannot believe Jobs would let the iPhone go to verizon after all of their "app map" commercials doggin the iPhone. I would rather Sprint or Tmobile get it just for that reason.

Thanks

I can never see this happening .. Verizon .. come on, they aren't even up to date with todays technology with GSM yet .. I mean, aren't they still screwing around with CDMA technology !!!!

The iPhone is FAR to advanced for there system, people were worried that the new iPad and more iPhones on AT&T's network was going to cause havoc, which no one saw anything .. AT&T was ready .. now imagine that same flood of technology put on Verizon with there old technology .. BOOM .. LMAO

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard this before, buy why will Bloomberg know anything? I'll believe when I see it up on the Apple or Veriozon website.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Its already on T-mobile's UK website., Check it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phaze2 View Post
    Its already on T-mobile's UK website., Check it out.
    This we already know .. t-Mobile in UK is the ONLY one offering the iPhone anywhere over there.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

But verizon is the most popular why doesn't apple get that