Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hulu Plus Beta for iPad and iPhone Goes Live!

Default Hulu Plus Beta for iPad and iPhone Goes Live!

Hulu, one of the most popular video platforms on the web for watching television shows, has just announced that it will be launching their new subscription service named "Hulu Plus" . Those wishes have come true for Hulu fans everywhere, as the service will be available for iPad and the iPhone and can be used over Wi-Fi or 3G, and the ability to stream 720HD content as well. In fact, Samsung Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players will be able to join in, and they even say Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 will be supported in the future as well.

For a subscription fee of only $9.99 a month, subscribers will get access to popular television shows like The Office, Family Guy, House, 30 Rock, 24, and too many more to even list. I think my favorite part would be the access to shows that are no longer airing, like Arrested Development. Hulu has a full list of content available here.

Watch every episode aired from the current season of top shows from ABC, NBC and FOX. Never miss an episode throughout the season.

Catch up on every episode of every season from many of TV's greatest shows. Over 120 seasons and 2,000 episodes of rich library content—that's thousands of hours of entertainment.
    UPDATE: Hulu Plus is available for FREE on iTunes for iPhone and for the iPad. The App itself is completely free and offers a handful of goodies just like Hulu has always been known for. However, if you want the access to Plus services, you will obviously need to purchase a subscription. Either way, it's a win-win situation for iPhone and iPad users.

Source: Hulu

Screenshots

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hulu4.png   -hulu4landscape.png   -hulusample.png   -hulusample2.png   -huluipad.png   -huluipad3.png   -huluipad4.png  
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 06-29-2010 at 03:26 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

anyone have an invitation for me?

so now we have to pay for the free streaming TV....AMAZING

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by projectdwnshft View Post
    Yah.... I'm betting you pay close to $70+/mo already for TV which ISN'T streaming and is limited ONLY to your TV.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (06-29-2010)

Doesnt sound right does it?

I mean, maybe $2.99 a month but $10?!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

What about Hulu regular? Is this only supporting "Plus"? I am happy with my hulu regular + ads
    --And who-hoo for XBL getting hulu as well! I use my XBox360 for everything!

Keep smoking that crack Hulu, 10/month...you are SO high.

Thanks

so if u pay 10 bucks a month can u use ur account on your iPad, iPhone,
    PS3 etc...or is it 10 for each device

F.. U.. HULU,I HAVE MY SLINGBOX HD I DONT NEED THAT GARBAGE,I CAN WATCH LIVE TV ANY WHERE ANYTIME,$9.99 a month LOL.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I am excited about this! Hells yeah. Hulu plus + Netflix is 18.00 a month. Who needs cable and directv?

Oh heck yeah. I've been missing all my shows since I can't tether my Internet anymore. This is awesome. I'm gonna check out my account about theses invitations

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

"Wait, WTF??!! My cable has been charging me $75/mo for TV?!?!?!?!!? WTF?!?!?!! Don't they know all content is free always?!?!?!!? COME ON!"

the whole "i deserve everything for free" attitude gets old. Get Hulu Plus, get Netflix with streaming, cancel your cable, SAVE $60/month. done deal. Well if only Hulu and Netflix could get 1080p to me.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    Yah.... I'm betting you pay close to $70+/mo already for TV which ISN'T streaming and is limited ONLY to your TV.
    sorry there Kyle, i use this thing called the internet which costs me $30 a month and my computer, i can get anything and everything i want and just stream it to my tele. you would be one of those people that would pay for a service hulu already offers for free. id rather spend 8 bucks with netflix and watch all the tv shows i want. plus if ur gonna sit there and watch tv on ur phone or ipad uve got some issues, go buy a tv and watch television like a normal person, not on a tiny 3" screen

plus id rather stream off my computer to tv for the much better sound quality

only newer devices. that sucks. 3gs and up.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

sorry there Kyle, i use this thing called the internet which costs me $30 a month and my computer, i can get anything and everything i want and just stream it to my tele. you would be one of those people that would pay for a service hulu already offers for free. id rather spend 8 bucks with netflix and watch all the tv shows i want. plus if ur gonna sit there and watch tv on ur phone or ipad uve got some issues, go buy a tv and watch television like a normal person, not on a tiny 3" screen

plus id rather stream off my computer to tv for the much better sound quality
    I will pay for this service just for my PS3. There isnt a good option for mac users to stream Hulu to their TV (that I know of, if you do please share ). All my other iDevices having access is just a bonus IMO.

The 2nd I read about this I knew the only thing people would latch like idiots to was the monthly subscription fee. Glad you guys never fail to disssapoint.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

hacktarded1 (06-29-2010)

Dude! I accesed hula via my i4 and it gave me the option to download app if I was allready a + subscriber. Or if not to request an invite. So I just downloaded the app. [Redirected me to AppStore] now I'm watching 30rock. Heck yeah

I don't mind the $9.99 to be able to watch on my phone over 3G fashore
    Last edited by rhekt; 06-29-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hoping I get my invite soon. Makes the iPad an even better portable media device. If the video out was only better

Thanks

WTF? $10/mo? well maybe if it were $8!... what it's $8? WTF? maybe if it were like $4! $4? WTF? that s#$% has to be free! i mean it's not like it costs money to make that content! surely that 20 second wheaties commerercial paid for that hour long episode of FRinge i just watched! Greedy SOB's!

^^ Valid point jeff. Maybe it will be add free? Than again maybe not

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast