Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hulu Plus Beta for iPad and iPhone Goes Live!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I will pay for this service just for my PS3. There isnt a good option for mac users to stream Hulu to their TV (that I know of, if you do please share ). All my other iDevices having access is just a bonus IMO.

if u have a mbp use the mini-hdmi plug. couldn't ask for anything better...

hulu lacks a lot of episodes... unless that changes after this release, paying for hit or miss episodes would be dumb.

plus hulu doesn't have rights to everthing listed, so most links would redirect you to that persons website... where does this leave paying customers?
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Thanks

Probably not, we pay $50+ a month for TV currently and have to watch about 6 or 7 minutes of add per 30 minutes of programming... i'll give it a chance but not sure if i'll find the value enough to dish out the monthly cost. between slacker pro, netflix, cable, and all the other monthly costs it just adds up in a hurry. maybe once the 360 streaming is available.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    wow, i am spending way too much on app/subscriptions for my ipad.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Sounds good! I hope that they expand the number of shows that are offered! I won't be using it myself (I don't need tv on my phone that bad) I do have a few questions about it though. I wonder if the service will be extended to most Internet capable entertainment devices (other tv's, bluray players, Wii, etc) or if they are going to limit it to certain brands/devices. Will one account be accessible on all of my devices, or limited to one device only? I also wonder how long it will take before an episode is available on the service. For example, if a show airs at 8:00pm tonight, could I watch it tonight at the same time using this service, or would I have to wait for certain amount of time to pass before it was made available. And I too wonder what will become of their original (current) service...will it remain free, will content be limited/trimmed, will quality not be improved? Lots of questions still remain, but I am happy to see this become available.

What I am really hoping for here, is that it will spur companies like Directv to do something to compete with this capability (similarly to what they are doing in response to cable allowing you to record a show in one room, and watch it in another). If they were to add a slingbox type of feature with their on demand feature, you would be very close to this type of service! And might well pay an extra fee for those capabilities!

Thanks
    yah seems like a good idea, wonder what the 3g quality will be though...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I will pay for this service just for my PS3. There isnt a good option for mac users to stream Hulu to their TV (that I know of, if you do please share ). All my other iDevices having access is just a bonus IMO.
    Sure, DVI->HDMI cable for the tv and using the optical out to the receiver for audio works great . . . $10 is a bit much, but i'd totally pay that if hulu plus is ad free

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shiPhone25 View Post
    yah seems like a good idea, wonder what the 3g quality will be though...
    That brings up another point...data use!!! It's gonna add up quick for new AT&T subscribers who are not on the unlimited plan! But hey, I guess I should just be happy that a service like this is available on 3G now. It just goes to show you that AT&T is less worried about data congestion, and more worried about data profitability. (as though we didn't already know this)

Not sure if anyone posted this already, but the app i s available in the app store (free btw). Just downloaded it.... waiting...waiting...i'm in the free gallery! There's nothing like watching the Ugly Betty Pilot! But hey, I'll take what I can get!

Not going to pay for anything streaming over the free internet you can take hulu and stick it up your cyber azzwhole.

A subscription fee is fine, but for $9.99 I do hope they add premium content.

Right now you can subscribe to Netflix for $8.99 and the amount of content available is much higher than hulu. I think it is a no brainer when deciding which company to go with.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I requested an invite. I hope I get one. I've been a Hulu member for awhile. I don't mind the price at all. Hulu for 9.99 and Netflix for 8.99. That's a steal!

UPDATE: Believe it or not, there is a huge bonus here. Hulu Plus is available for FREE on iTunes. The App itself is completely free and offers a handful of goodies just like Hulu has always been known for. However, if you want the access to Plus services, you will obviously need to purchase a subscription. Either way, it's a win-win situation for iPhone and iPad users.

Installed it on the iPhone 4. I'm not making an account or signing up until 360 support comes which according to teamxbox is around early next year

3G streaming eh. So much for that idea with AT&T's new limited data plan.

works on my unjailbroken ipt 2g. huh.....

Twitter: @tshoults

I signed up for teathering, but quickly called and told them to switch me back when I learned that I couldn't teather to my ipad! Quality is not that great on the free shows, and it looks like there are ads.

$10 a month? No thanks.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Matthews View Post
    "Wait, WTF??!! My cable has been charging me $75/mo for TV?!?!?!?!!? WTF?!?!?!! Don't they know all content is free always?!?!?!!? COME ON!"

the whole "i deserve everything for free" attitude gets old. Get Hulu Plus, get Netflix with streaming, cancel your cable, SAVE $60/month. done deal. Well if only Hulu and Netflix could get 1080p to me.
    If only VERIZON could stream us 1080p.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    Sure, DVI->HDMI cable for the tv and using the optical out to the receiver for audio works great . . . $10 is a bit much, but i'd totally pay that if hulu plus is ad free

So far all suggestions have not been streaming

My television is 30 ft from my desk and I would rather not run any cords to it.

Thanks

Not worth 10$, so i qurss I'm one of those idiots. I already have to many free apps with monthly subscribtions. Hulu sucks anyways, I've never liked it but that's MY opinion, so nobody loose the temper over what I just typed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast