+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Death Grip Lawsuit Coming?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Return the phone and buy a "Droid".
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I swear apple could give some of you a great big pile of dog krap and tell you it was an iphone and you would still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheveli View Post
    I'm hoping Apple steps up and fixes the phone, then I won't have to worry about alternatives.
    Last edited by Moosestache; 06-29-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dxe
    Green Apple
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moosestache View Post
    I swear apple could give some of you a great big pile of dog krap and tell you it was an iphone and you would still love it.

I'm hoping Apple steps up and fixes the phone, then I won't have to worry about alternatives.
    i-krap, now with corn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wvcachi View Post
    If you have a reception problem, and it's a deal-breaker, all you have to so is return it for a full refund. Even if, in worst-case scenario, it was a bait & switch, everyone has the right to get your money back and buy a different phone.

If I buy a coffee-maker, and I don't like how the coffee tastes, I don't need to sue Mr. Coffee, I just get my money back.

I'm all for lawyers when they're really needed, but this reeks of being conjured by lawyers for lawyers.
    You said it my man!

Thanks

There is a difference between a phone dropping a bar or maybe even two and going from five bars to zero bars. That is what the issue is.

Truthfully, I think the antenna is just part of it. In a couple of the other threads there has been talk of issues with the phone's software having issues switching back and forth between towers, or 3g or whatever. I'm hoping that the software issues are just compounding the antenna issue and a patch will minimize the antenna issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think the lawsuit it's just stupid if u don't like the phone the way it is. Return it and buy something else.

I got my iPhone since the 24 and no problems. And if the phone shows up with the a problem apple would repair it or exchange it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

There is something to this issue. I hold my phone, with a case on it, the same way I did my 3G and it will go from 5 bars to 1 bar in 20 seconds. No I haven't dropped a call yet but its my data that suffers. I can't even run speed test and get over 100kbps when its at 1 bar.

So I called AT&T yesterday and they said they were gonna send a wireless engineer out by where I work to test the signal. I got another call at lunch time today and we tried some different things, turn airplane mode on and off, turn off 3G then back on; didn't seem to help. They then suggested to do a restore and do it as a new iPhone and not as a backup of a previous, which I am gonna do tonight. The also unregistered my phone from one of the towers after I turned it off, and that has seemed to help somewhat.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    HellI don't know ya what's stopping us from kicking this off now.

On the bright side of things with this frivolous lawsuit.........

"Countersuit, there's an app for that"
    hahaha ya

Wow good one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have this case, no issues, and i feel safer knowing phone is protected.

And while i didnt have the case, i really never had issues with reception.

I dont like the fact all of this negative crap-talk is usually stems from some Gizmodo post.

There is really nothing original on the news side anymore. This site is usually the last to post what i just saw in the AM.

Only reason i still come on, is to look over what everyone's thoughts are.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If I hold my phone in a certain way it does lose signal, but it's an unnatural way to hold it so it's never affected me. I'm left handed as well btw

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    They then suggested to do a restore and do it as a new iPhone and not as a backup of a previous, which I am gonna do tonight.
    Oldest trick in tech support. When I did tech support for EarthLink and we ran out of excuses to tell the customer, we would tell them to run a Scandisk and Defrag, knowing it would take hours, and get them off the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    .... I'm left handed as well btw
    FTW!!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the real problem isn't the phone IMO, it's the users. People so bent on owning an iPhone that they would rather sue than to simply chose a different phone. It's not the only option out there. If you are having problems, there are options to take besides ***** about it and still demand to keep your phone. Exchange it, return it, sell it, but if you won't do anything, then be patient for a fix.
    Really?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eg6motion For This Useful Post:

cheveli (06-29-2010)

Thanks

My i4 didn't do this at first but now it is. In it's defense my 3G would also do this but not as bad. It fluctuates all over the place. For the most part it doesn't seem to loose much speed though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Gee, a class action Apple lawsuit. Where can I sign up to receive a settlement check for $1.87 in approximately 18-24 months?

This lawsuit is just to earn money for blood sucking lawyers, and not to allay any real world problems.
    Funny thing was I was actually in that Nano Lawsuit. They said you would either get a pouch in the mail or up to 37.50. I sent the post card in and figured I'd see a check for 1.28 but a year later I got a check for 37.50.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shamori View Post
    I think the whole reception thing is Bull SH*T, I have the IPhone4 and this phone has the best reception I have ever experienced on any cell phone! I live in Bronx, NY and as we all know there are millions on people here all using the same cell towers and I have not had any problems! But the real test was going to and from Connecticut and also my trip to L.I. NY where the reception on any phone & network is horrible, I held my phone in a grip the whole time while making calls and using maps for directions and kept all bars and full service the whole time without ever losing signal.
    Well I think your an F'ing idiot. I've had ever generation iPhone and this thing is the worst yet. Just because you haven't had the issue, diesn't mean it's BS.

Thanks

What a joke! People can't work for a living they have to sue everyone in the states lol.

Thanks

"Ok so Im a little confused. If I hold in my hand with the "Death Grip" witch I dont and it looses signal then how does putting a case over it help? your not going to hold it any different with the case on. is it a magic case?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    That;s too much, i do not believe this suit will hold in court.