+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Death Grip Lawsuit Coming?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
LOL at those who are saying "mine doesn't do it so it doesn't exist/is bs". My phone suffers from it. In fact the replacement I got yesterday also suffers from
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

LOL at those who are saying "mine doesn't do it so it doesn't exist/is bs". My phone suffers from it. In fact the replacement I got yesterday also suffers from it....so yes it does exist.

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

a law111... so screw you lawyers! that **** was fuuny..lol lol **** is too funny..but you right it only some people with this matter... i haven't got my i4 yet but hope everything is a go.....hopefully july 15..my i4 32gig white yesir... lol so screw you lawyers! that **** get's me...
    stash459 june30 2007 iphone like $700 playboy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol, they are trying to sue apple. just listen to that sentence. and, basically the only thing they could get out of this lawsuit is a bunch of BUMPERS!

Green Apple
    Thanks

just sold mine...reception sucks when my finger is around the left metal part and it always drop call because my face touches the end button...iphone 4 = failed
    Last edited by vietxnameze; 06-29-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks

So you think its a big giant ploy by Apple? In what way would that help them? I hear what everyone is saying but if its so bad then take the phone back. There is people lined up all across the country waiting for this phone despite the known problem so take yours back and let them benefit from your loss. This was a first run and im sure apple will find a resolution some how but worrying about some stupid law firm only delays there fix.If they do win for any stupid reason do you think you will see any money? heck no it will go right into there greedy pockets. I am not trying to offend anyone on this forum by any means. People bash Jobs but yet you buy his product and Im sure 90% of people on this sight own more than one of Apples products.

Green Apple
    Thanks

People need to back the **** off of Steve Jobs! He is the man and they must just be jealous or something but they need to back off!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexCrammer For This Useful Post:

mtb29er (06-29-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCrammer View Post
    People need to back the **** off of Steve Jobs! He is the man and they must just be jealous or something but they need to back off!
    You said it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm having reception problems here in Michigan 

iPhone? More like MyPhone wareagle5693's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    You gotta think three hitmen would be cheaper on apple's side of it.

That's why lawyers are the scum of the earth folks, below used car salesman and everything else. I know no less than 3 close friends that are lawyers and if I didn't know them I'd hate them. LOL.

.....and I've told them that.
    Oh come on dude.... you've gotta be kidding?

Why the hatred against lawyers?

I guess in a couple years you'll hate me too.....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple deserves this for not being proactive about an obvious fault in their product, I mean my 7 year old brother asked if the antenna is on the side wouldn't that mess up reception? I mean Apple, with all its "superb engineers" couldn't figure that simple design flaw out?? Glad I'm gonna get my iPhone replaced today for a working iPhone 4 without this issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    The reception issue is real people (Just put your thumb and index finger over the two black strips on the bottom of the left and right side of the phone and wait 10 seconds, you will see your bars drop). And yes, lawyers are bloodsucking bastages, but hey, if the product was properly tested then apple would have nothing to worry about. I'm less concerned about the reception issue as a case seems to make it a moot point then I am about the proximity sensor. I've had my phone switch to speaker, hit keys on the numpad, and even make calls to other people, all while in the middle of a call.
    Razz, thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth. I think the larger issue is the proximity sensor. How many dropped calls that people think is caused by holding the phone wrong could be in fact the proximity sensor? I don't have the reception issue, i'm fortunate, but the proximity sensor is making me RAGE!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
    Oh come on dude.... you've gotta be kidding?

Why the hatred against lawyers?

I guess in a couple years you'll hate me too.....
    HellI don't know ya what's stopping us from kicking this off now.

On the bright side of things with this frivolous lawsuit.........

"Countersuit, there's an app for that"
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone rawhog's Avatar
    Thanks

OK. Here is the fix for the reception issue. It will require a little bit of your time and a few bucks. First off, you need to increase your electrolyte level by consuming lots of beer. After you finish the beer, fashion a hat of your own design from aluminum foil. BAM!!! 5 bars!!!

Thanks

If you have a reception problem, and it's a deal-breaker, all you have to so is return it for a full refund. Even if, in worst-case scenario, it was a bait & switch, everyone has the right to get your money back and buy a different phone.

If I buy a coffee-maker, and I don't like how the coffee tastes, I don't need to sue Mr. Coffee, I just get my money back.

I'm all for lawyers when they're really needed, but this reeks of being conjured by lawyers for lawyers.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wvcachi For This Useful Post:

DeviantGeek (06-29-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will support their lawsuit, just on general principle. I really think it's insulting to be told not to hold the phone in the exact same way I held all my previous phones, including an iPhone 3G. They are simply shifting the fault onto the customer. Screw that! Whatever screws them back will get my full support.

Thanks

I got an iPhone 4. Who should I suit? Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wvcachi View Post
    If you have a reception problem, and it's a deal-breaker, all you have to so is return it for a full refund. Even if, in worst-case scenario, it was a bait & switch, everyone has the right to get your money back and buy a different phone.

If I buy a coffee-maker, and I don't like how the coffee tastes, I don't need to sue Mr. Coffee, I just get my money back.

I'm all for lawyers when they're really needed, but this reeks of being conjured by lawyers for lawyers.
    Except we are being told to be patient, they will fix it with a firmware update. Or there is no problem, or just buy a bumper it will fix it. If we are promised a fix and it never occurs then they are liable, that is, if there is a problem. My apple rep thought it was a problem when my phone dropped my call to him when I was telling him about the problem.

If we are patient too long then we can't return it.

As I said in another thread, no Judge in the world will side with apple when you can't get a signal when you hold the phone.

Thanks

I completely agree with that: if it gets to the point where it's too late to return it.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I went and played with the iPhone 4 at Apple today and I got to say it's not as pretty in the pictures but that screen OMG, I could not see one pixel on it!

I put my hand tightly around the iPhone 4 and yeh I saw the bars drop down slowly to no service but it wasn't a big deal for me as I don't hold it soooo tight or with my left handed. I used it normally and it didn't lose signal at all. People are just too moany tbh.
    There's nothing wrong with the iPhone 4, seriously people are causing these problems by forcing it to lose signal then complaining.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 06-29-2010 at 12:09 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wvcachi View Post
    I completely agree with that: if it gets to the point where it's too late to return it.
    Yup, I agree, all I want is a properly functioning phone. If apple continues to tell me that it is working the way it is supposed to, well that is what they make the courts for.