Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMovie Ported: Works Great on the iPhone 3GS

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

@testjockey, it should be possible to get the video to work because it was able to perform everything else but the video. Maybe something else needs to be changed in the Info.plist as well?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I think that is what I said!

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Got GameCenter on my iPhone 4

so how did you do that? i didnt think it was included in the final ios 4 and the iphone 4 isnt jailbroken yet so you couldnt have put the app in via ssh from the GM????????????

im confused
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    YouTube - iMovie on iPhone 3GS and iPod touch on iOS 4

Ok Steve, stop holding it back. We want iMovie on our iPhone 3GS. We didn't upgrade just to be left in the dust. We still have video, there is no reason that iMovie shouldn't work on the 3GS, besides the slower rendering. Come on Steve! Why are you holding out on us.

Well Steve, if you won't do it, someone else will. An upstanding fellow by the name of David Romhan Torres, has managed to "port", more correctly put, modified, the iMovie app to work on the iPhone 3GS. And guess what? It actually works just fine.

David Says it's simple.

Taimur from Redmondpie, has put together the video above to demonstrate what David has done. As you watch the video, you can see that the application works just fine. Ok so you can't export an HD video, but that's should be clear as day, because the iPhone 3GS doesn't record HD, so obviously that won't work. But you can still edit, make transitions, and export the final product just fine.

Apparently you can do this on a 3.1.x firmware as well. It requires a modified .ipa file, which breaks Apple’s DRM so unfortunately you won't be getting any instructions from us, or where to find it. That's up to you. And please do NOT post links to the ipa here. Juts enjoy the fact that it's been done and is out there somewhere for you to enjoy.

Although, I must conclude by saying, all of this bothers me just a slight bit, and at the same time makes me comforted. If indeed, iMovie can run from a modified ipa no problem, then perhaps Apple DOES still have plans for an iMovie compatible, and all they wanted to do was focus on the iPhone 4 first because it has HD. That would be fantastic, however, if that wasn't the case, it just drive me nuts that Apple would hold this fantastic product back.

for some reason i got this on my ipod touch 2g well it work great on my iphone 4g but i ported it on to my ipod touch 2g but what happen it will allow you to go into the application and you can photo music or anything after your down when i press submit or play view ( you no what i mean when you can watch a video) it crashes and it will crash when i submit my video

Does anyone have step by step to modify the plist file and rezip for OSX?

anyone figure out what you have to change to get it running on iOS 3.1.3.?

Anyone get this working on 3.1.x yet?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i wanna see what this app is capable of

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

hey ive done this on my 3g, it worked the first time, managed to put a clip in but now it just crashes.. any ideas??

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

To get it working on a 3g i have to modify the plist or can i just download it

For all those having crashing problems. It seems like apple may have been too ambitious for even their own new flagship hardware. Even the iPhone 4 crashes when doing certain tasks in iMovie due to lack of memory. I can't imagine a 3G being able to handle it (seeing as the iPhone 4 has 4x the RAM). I have determined that on the iPhone 4, if you have more than about 10 photos (YES, that's photos, not videos) it crashes the app. This was confirmed by an apple rep, APPARENTLY if you take photos with the iPhone 4 5MP camera, you can't put too many into your movie because the iPhone 4 can't handle the high res images. One of my movies is almost all images, and its 2:30 long, sometimes it crashes imovie when i just attempt to edit it. My suggestion was to allow the user to create lower res versions of their images at the time of import so that the phone only has to do that one pic at a time (as opposed to attempting to size them all at once and cache them in RAM at the start of exporting) the rep hasn't responded back.
    So basically what I'm saying is that iMovie doesn't even run perfectly on the new powerhouse of a phone (512 MB RAM), you MAY be able to squeek by on a 3GS (256 MB RAM), but I would be VERY surprised if you can do anything at all on a 3G (128 MB RAM).

Here is a link to Apples official release on iMovie crashing issues on the iPhone 4, as I described in my above post:
    iMovie for iPhone 4: iMovie may quit when exporting project with several still photos
    Sorry, can't edit my above post on y iPhone, and whenever I attempt to go to the "normal version" of modmyi, it just keeps kicking me back to the mobile version.
    Last edited by j.eck.art.3d; 07-01-2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I fiddled with the plist file for about 2 hrs last night trying to get iMovie to work on my 3gs (jb 3.1.2)..no luck..just keeps crashing to sb! I don't get it..we live in a world where there's apps like cracku***s with the sole purpose of overcoming Apple's DRM..there's news over the net that people have figured out how to make it work on <4.0 but they wouldn't post instructions just coz they are afraid to violate Apple's policy :S..what bs!
    Last edited by asrulz007; 07-03-2010 at 03:34 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks like i will be trying this out

Did anyone try this on the iPad? I'd enjoy editing movies from my camera.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234