+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.7 Million iPhone 4s Sold During Launch Weekend

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by RICO_ Good....now let's see the number that really counts. How many of those 1.7 mil are defective or problematic or don't require the use of a "bumper"
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Good....now let's see the number that really counts. How many of those 1.7 mil are defective or problematic or don't require the use of a "bumper" to maintain decent signal strength.
    I don't have the problem and I have no bumper. The reception issue is a non issue for people that don't whine and constantly try to find a problem where one doesn't really exists. Don't hold the phone like your trying to squeeze the life out of it and you wont have the problem.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

i guess im going to ATT tomorrow morning lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Again I don't see Bulgaria in the list of countries that Iphone 4 will be available to... damn !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Never thought that it would go that far

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

cant wait to get one hurry up white iphones lol i feel left out

My iPhone is a Part of Me King Shady's Avatar
    Thanks

Unbelievably impressive numbers. Wow. Jaw-dropping for sure.

Thanks

and 1.7 million of them should be returned due to the incompetent manufacturing of it and has reception issues unlike any previous iPhone. If it wasn't broken why did they try and fix it? They made matters worse by sticking the antenna on the outter rim of the phone where you have the ability to distort the reception at will. How can you make a phone that has to be held a curtain way in order to work?

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

i sorta miss my 3G S (i gave it to my son for his 4.0 GPA)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I haven't had one single problem with my phone. I LOVE IT!! Pretty epic numbers there.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Congrats Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just tried my friends i4 today... not impressed at all, the display is not that different, it does not feels natural in the hand.... and the speed is almost the same.. we did some test side by side,, like opening webpages, same apps, etc... nothing that much... the only neat feature is the facetime thingy.,, other than that... no thanks... I'll keep my 3gs until something else comes...

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I am part of the 1.7 million... curious as to how many of that number are replacing previous iPhones, and how many are new to the iPhone? And, also, how many of those replaced older iPhones are now going to be new iPhone accounts on ATT?

btw, I have had all four iPhones, and this one, imho, is the most revolutionary since the first one. If you cannot see the difference in the display, then you are probably happy with standard def tv too and can't see anything in HDTV. If you don't see any speed difference, then you aren't really doing anything but opening an app. The iPhone4 takes what the iPhone did to a whole new level.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Good....now let's see the number that really counts. How many of those 1.7 mil are defective or problematic or don't require the use of a "bumper" to maintain decent signal strength.
    Wow, it took all the way till the 10th post for someone to make this comment. I'm suprised by that :-)

Quote Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
    I just tried my friends i4 today... not impressed at all, the display is not that different, it does not feels natural in the hand.... and the speed is almost the same.. we did some test side by side,, like opening webpages, same apps, etc... nothing that much... the only neat feature is the facetime thingy.,, other than that... no thanks... I'll keep my 3gs until something else comes...
    Hahahaha, says the 80 year old man that thinks there's not much of a difference between black and white TVs and color TVs. Seriously wtf?!?! The i4 display is insanely better than the 3GS!!!

Ah, whatever, to each their own.
    Last edited by hacktarded1; 06-28-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

all my friends that have it (and i dont yet) never had 1 problem with reception or anything else.....What gives? if its a problem it would be everyones phones correct? i cant wait to get mine. it does suck that people that want the white ones have to wait while everyone is blinging around the new black one

Thanks

You ever notice that those people that "are not that impressed...," are always the last one to get theirs that's why they try to give ******** excuses why they don't need or want one. They end up with one anyway. That's how I was with the original in 07.

Thanks

Ok, so now let's roll out the iPhones that work !!!!

Thanks

That is a helluvalot. Can't wait to get Internet tethering back though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by capttanhowdy View Post
    I have 2 but can't use them yet until my Heros unlock them
    same boat as you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
    I don't normally comment on these type of comments...but this has got to be the dumbest post I've read in quite some time...."display is not that different"? You have got to be kidding me....were you driving by his house and he held it out his bedroom window as you went by? Maybe it's all because it's "your friends" and not yours? Either way, you have your opinion, but atleast make an educated one...if you can honestly hold a 3GS beside a i4 and tell me the screen is not that different...maybe it's time for a trip to the local optometrist.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've had 3 iPhones now, skipped the 3GS as I thought this iPhone would have much more upgrades!! I'm so glad I did cos I love my iPhone 4 and that's without a jailbreak so it'll get even better!! I can't understand ppl who try too claim that it's not that good and there's not much difference between the screens!! Maybe if they open there eyes while comparing they would be able to make a PROPER judgement!