Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features

Has anyone got this to work???? I lost my data service after I installed Mywi, I can't even open a web page on safari anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kokowawa View Post
    yes we expect upgrades for life, and it is not calculated this way. Yes the app costs $10 for you only, but there are a lot of people purchased this app and the Developer made his money and more to support it in the future.
    It's already been said repeatedly that it will cost 3.x users $9.99 to upgrade. This means that when I upgrade, I will have spent $19.98 in total. Basically you are bitchin' about a penny.

First time buyers - $19.99
    Previous 3.x buyers - $19.98 (paid $9.99 for MyWi 3.x and $9.99 to upgrade to 4.0)

Quote Originally Posted by kokowawa View Post
    We all know Apple will keep upgrading its software, but it doesn't make sence we keep paying for each upgrade.

I'm not asking to take something for free, but I'm asking to make the app that I already paid for work with the new software.
    You are asking to take something for free. MyWi 4.0 is NOT the same app as MyWi 3.x. It is a complete re-write, as has been stated repeatedly, and even sports more features.

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    blah blah blah i am so sick of people not understanding why people are not happy with the upgrade price. I am going to pay the 9.99 upgrade fee just because its a great app! But i still think its B.S, Apps that have been purchased should work with future iOS's released. Ok ya i understand that they upgraded some features and took one aways (bluetooth) but why not just make a MyWi app that worked just like on 3.x.x to work on 4.0. If people want the upgraded features like Wireless Range output and battery saving features...Then make them pay for an upgrade. Whats wrong with that. Then there is the Free upgrade for people that want to stay with the most current Jailbroken iOS with all the old features and still use there app that they paid for...instead of being forced into shelling out another 10 dollars for a 20 dollar app? I dont think that is un-reasonable.
    If a simple upgraded 3.x was made available, would you still buy 4.0 for the additional features?
    Last edited by Rokesomesmeefer; 06-28-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rokesomesmeefer For This Useful Post:

skeels (06-28-2010)

This is very well needed thankyou intelliborn/psuskeels. $9.99 does seem a bit much for upgrade. But then you have to realize how much they're saving you in the long run. Besides someone needs to get paid for the added features.

I would also like to add that there were several updates with MYwi 3x that were not charged. This here Is a full rehaul. Kind of like how we paid $30 to update to snow leopard.
    Last edited by rhekt; 06-28-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    This is very well needed thankyou intelliborn/psuskeels. $9.99 does seem a bit much for upgrade. But then you have to realize how much they're saving you in the long run. Besides someone needs to get paid for the added features.
    As I posted above, it depends who you get service from, you're not automatically saving anything by using it.

thank you very much, I will buy it as soon as IOS4 comes out for the iPad or now if it can work now on iOS3.2 and can be ported over?

Darn! I should have bought the 3.x version through Rock instead of Cydia. Oh well. I guess I'll have to spend $20 once a jailbreak for the the iPhone 4 is released since I pretty much use MyWi daily and it has saved me so much money. Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhesser View Post
    i can't help but laugh at everyones sense of entitlement! just because this developer spent hundreds of hours of his life making this application better and making sure it works on the new OS that apple will force everyone to upgrade to (if you want apps from the app store), why should I HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING MORE??? $10 or $20 to get a feature ATT charges $20 a month for? how dare he?!?! I for one would like to say thanks for putting the product out and wish that a community of tech savvy people would be more willing to support individuals who ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE to the community.

It's even sort of hard to compare it to AT&T's version because MyWi has wifi tethering and it's the only app I've found that has this. This is necessary for my wifi ipad to tether to my iphone. I am just waiting for the JB now.

I just wish I could get it work properly on my 3G, I paid based on the performance of the previous version, worked so flawlessly I figured this would be the same or better... I am grandfathered into my "unlimited" on my old 3g still, so I can make good use of this software, with my iPad or my laptop. I'm actually waiting till later this year to upgrade the phone so I can get it cheaper. And that will mean even longer I keep my data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    For me it does - it stopped me from having to open a Verizon Wireless account and buy a MiFi.

Not to mention BT is much slower than WiFi, has significantly less range, and then you're going to throw a laptop sharing it out across WiFi into the mix? Yeah, that's a great internet experience there...
    I didn't even REMOTELY imply that BT or USB tethering replaced WiFi hotspot functionality. Most people do not even have BT in their computers. Obviously, most people don't need that much range, hence, the ability to turn the transmit power down to 30% in the new MyWi 4. Why wouldn't you have your phone near you when using your iPad, notebook, etc? The situations where you need additional range exist, but they are not the primary usage in any way.

Also, BT or WiFi, the bottleneck is usually the cellphone's data bandwidth. You think bandwidth is a major concern between WiFi vs. BT? Come on! This isn't BT1.1. Even so, I certainly wasn't saying that BT functionality replaces WiFi. I've never even bothered with BT tethering even though I'm completely set up to do so. When I want to tether without iTunes, I use the USB drivers and I even stick my phone to the back of my display using double-sided suction cups. No matter how low the power drain, there's no sense in wearing out my battery with additional charge cycles when it can remain charged and powered while I'm doing something else.
    Last edited by CZroe; 06-28-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raaahbin View Post
    Although I don't agree with how some of it's being expressed, there's a fair complaint from those who purchased version 3.x of the app, then found it wouldn't work any more on iOS4. It's true that the dev hasn't asked us to pay any more (in total) than someone buying it for the first time on iOS4, but they're also not asking us to pay any *less*. Given that we started off agreeing to pay the asking price for an app, only to find that the upgrade to iOS made it stop working, effectively the upgrade pricing says "even if you just want what it did to begin with, we've changed the deal... and if you don't agree to our new terms, then you're out of luck".
    I don't see that at all...if a person purchased version 3.x of the app, what would make you ASSUME if would work with iOS4? Seems a bit ridiculous.

The Devs already said if you bought 3.x, it's yours to keep...use it as long as you like, but understand the caveat that it won't work if you upgrade to iOS4. As long as you're using iPhone OS 3.x, you're fine.

Same as an app that was built for Leopard and had to be updated to with with Snow Leopard...use it as long as you like...it'll continue to work without issue unless you upgrade your OS.

And it does seem sorta expensive...but consider the value...if keeping my unlimited data plan, and paying a $20 one-time fee to use MyWi
    vs.
    switching to a 2GB/month plan and pay an extra $20 a MONTH to tether through ATT are the options...I'll go the MyFi route all day long.

Im still confused as to how this all works. Is it actual tethering that AT&T is gona charge me to death for or is it some sort of workaround way that they won't notice?
    VISTA SUCKS!! MACS PWWWWN!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know why after installing this I lost my 3g connection. I can text and make calls no problem. But anything internet related fails. I uninstalled MyWi and now can't even reinstall cause I got no connection.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,972 Times in 1,579 Posts

I dont want to install Rock,when is the without Rock option will be aviable???

No Spaz, ATT wont charge you

Quote Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    You need to install rock

I think this application will help everyone alot, just keep in mind that if you have an iphone and an ipad like me, right now you are paying 2 Data Plans Bills.

With this App, you can eliminate 1 bill with just paying 1 time fee (20$).
    Last edited by DomicanXxX; 06-28-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great job , I just downloaded the new version it is worth it

I completely agree that the developer has spent long and hard hours and when the iPhone 4 jailbreak comes out this will be the first app I put on my phone with the 9.99 update. On the other hand, I already purchased this app so if I was fine with what the old app that was 9.99 offered, I should be able to keep this. This update is forcing people who already purchased it to either update for another 10 or throw away the 10 you already paid. That's not fair. It should be a separate application that you get a discount on if you own the older version.

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    I completely agree that the developer has spent long and hard hours and when the iPhone 4 jailbreak comes out this will be the first app I put on my phone with the 9.99 update. On the other hand, I already purchased this app so if I was fine with what the old app that was 9.99 offered, I should be able to keep this. This update is forcing people who already purchased it to either update for another 10 or throw away the 10 you already paid. That's not fair. It should be a separate application that you get a discount on if you own the older version.
    You are getting a discount...the full $10 you paid for 3.x is getting put toward 4.0
    MyWi 4.0 costs $20, less a $10 discount for people who own 3.x
    This isn't hard to understand.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to arem For This Useful Post:

skeels (06-28-2010)

Default Without Rock
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALIEN1974 View Post
    You need to install rock

I think this application will help everyone alot, just keep in mind that if you have an iphone and an ipad like me, right now you are paying 2 Data Plans Bills.

With this App, you can eliminate 1 bill with just paying 1 time fee (20$).
    The 3.x version had a (no rock) cydia only version. Will this one?

I do not want Rock installed on my phone. Release a no rock version and you have my money...

At $10 this seemed like a reasonably priced product. At $20 it seems more like greed and profiteering. Many apps that do a lot more cost less. Perhaps I will create a free alternative...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to aidensocal For This Useful Post:

edge777 (06-28-2010)

Ok seriously can someone help us out. There's 3 of us that seem to have the same problem where MyWi broke our iPhone internet connection. Anyone got a fix? IDK about the other guys but I've rebooted a zillion times, and I've uninstalled MyWi and it fails to do anything. Now I can't even reinstall cause I have no connection. I'm currently stuck at work so I have no wifi connection as an option. So if some kind soul that isn't only in this post to complain and ***** about pricing could help us out with this issue the 3 of us are having I'd be much obliged.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 ... LastLast