Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    I also pay for OSX upgrades. Do you pay for iphone updates? I did not think so...This is not an extensive OPERATING system upgrade, this is an app upgrade. 10 Dollars is a 1/3 of the cost of an OSX upgrade so dont even compare MyWi upgrade to the cost of an upgrade for a whole freaking operating system. give me a break!
    jeez, it's only $10. give it a rest. skip your afternoon latte and pay for the update / upgrade.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s4mb4 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (06-28-2010), skeels (06-28-2010), tsatryan (06-28-2010)

Raahbin: Not sure on the bluetooth - we are trying. Regarding price - we do greatly appreciate early adopters.

I can tell you I personally have been working 15+ hour days for the last 2 weeks, not to mention months of work prior to this to get this new version working for iOS4. It's a complete redesign - faster, less battery, and of course some cool new features. The old MyWi design doesn't work at all on iOS4 which is why there's no "free" version upgrade of it. We had to redo it all from scratch.

I hope you can appreciate the effort that has gone into make this app available. We hope you enjoy the app and features!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (06-28-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Man I miss iRealSMS

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    I think that the reason a lot of the apps in the appstore are crap is because developers make crap and put a cheap $1.00 price tag on it hoping to rope in several hundred thousand morons to buy it. There are plenty of quality apps on the appstore that cost well more than $1.00. It's just so hard to find them because of all the crap-producing developers flooding the store with $1 garbage.
    There are a lot of devs that do that. But if you look at reviews in the appstore, anything over $5 usually gets tons of bad reviews because its too expensive.

Ima upgrade mine now and wait patiently eff it lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    jeez, it's only $10. give it a rest. skip your afternoon latte and pay for the update / upgrade.
    If you read back through before you guys open your FREAKING mouths you would see that after the Developer posted somthing in this thread that i understood why they are doing what they are doing and will gladly pay the 9.99 fee. But to all you people that keep throwing **** out there "like i pay for upgrades as do most people" and are comparing it to major OS updates, that is not even RELEVANT. So STFU if you dont feel like reading the whole thread and actually know wtf your talking about or why your attacking me. I was just defending myself with the OSX update comment because it was off topic.
    Last edited by vantheman169; 06-28-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    There are a lot of devs that do that. But if you look at reviews in the appstore, anything over $5 usually gets tons of bad reviews because its too expensive.
    True, but how often do you go out of your way to review something that you like? The average consumer never posts a good review. Most reviews are posted by consumers that dislike the product or service that they just spent their hard-earned money on, and are thus typically bad.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Easy now. You have to read passed all of the retardedness that is posted. This app is worth it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    If you read back through before you guys open your FREAKING mouths you would see that after the Developer posted somthing in this thread that i understood why they are doing what they are doing and will gladly pay the 9.99 fee. But to all you people that keep throwing **** out there "like i pay for upgrades as do most people" and are comparing it to major OS updates, that is not even RELEVANT. So STFU if you dont feel like reading the whole thread and actually know wtf your talking about or why your attacking me. I was just defending myself with the OSX update comment because it was off topic.
    sorry, you're right.. i didn't realize i was talking to the actual vantheman169. i'll be quiet now.

I appreciate the work that's probably gone into this as I haven't checked it out yet (No JB for iPhone 4 yet)...but seriously, if the devs can have a re-think on the pricing, that'll be much appreciated, plus release a cydia only version....I CAN'T stand Rock (had enough nightmares from it in the past...once burnt....)!

how is the pricing "steep" or "wrong"???

Compared to the money you've saved in the past, and the foreseeable future, its a total steal for a simple one-time-fee to.

Just need i4 jb now and my wifi ipad will be back in business!

Quote Originally Posted by GranDaddyPurp View Post
    the jailbreak for the iPhone 4 needs to come out fast so i can have the new MyWi
    Well then get off your butt and start coding it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    sorry, you're right.. i didn't realize i was talking to the actual vantheman169. i'll be quiet now.
    Umm ok...Good one. You think of that all by yourself?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I agree with Stealth.. everyone has an alternative. Pay $20 a month on your AT&T bill instead. No one forced any of you to upgrade to iOS 4 either. 3.x.x has just as much functionality with jailbreak apps (if not more at this point) than 4.0 does. $10 to upgrade once or a $20 month after month fee? For all the kids on this forum taking issue with $10.. go mow your neighbor's lawn or wash their car lol.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

hacktarded1 (06-28-2010)

Greetings

I have a licensed copy of MyWi (3.x) I just installed the 4.0 build via Rock and it installed as a trial. It did not give me the option to upgrade my license.

How do I perform the upgrade?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    how is the pricing "steep" or "wrong"???

Compared to the money you've saved in the past, and the foreseeable future, its a total steal for a simple one-time-fee to.

Just need i4 jb now and my wifi ipad will be back in business!
    1 time fee??? Ya maybe for somebody that is purchasing it on 4.0 for the first time. The argument is about the upgrade fee, i dont see anybody complaining about the initial cost of the app. Since you obviously just joining the conversation, this will be the second fee for this app. Thats where people are not happy about it is..this not just a 1 time fee for us...what about when iOS5 comes out and you have to pay another 10 dollars to upgrade cuz the devs have worked so hard at making it compatible? Then maybe you wont be so quick to open your mouth.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (06-28-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    simple one-time-fee
    Or two

In the end though, I really think the developer is gonna find he could have made more money in the long-run on a $15/$5 plan. Personally I think $20/$10 is just gonna drive enough people away that it makes less in the long run.

But it is 100% the devs choice.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolftamer For This Useful Post:

xyzzy (06-28-2010)

Great news! A must for iPhone 4.0 and my iPad! Many thanks for an amazing product. Worth every penny!

I'm a paid PdaNet user but only because I bought it for a third of the price before native tethering was possible. I'm not saying that it isn't worth it, but all the people justifying it by the money they "saved" are ignoring the fact that you can tether without this... even on 3.1.3.

Also the "Safari upgrades are free" argument is ridiculous. Safari wasn't worth paying for in the first place and you didn't pay for it.

Despite Apple's promises that after a certain date all iPod Touch units sold would have iPhone OS 3, my brother's official refurb, purchased as a gift for my niece, did not. To get it to her in time he was forced to pay $10 and Apple refused to refund him despite it being purchased based on their promise. That extra cost brought the refub price that much closer to the full price and discourages refurb sales, assuming you don't lie to your customers. There was no reason to continue selling devices with 2.x software.

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    ...I'm not saying that it isn't worth it, but all the people justifying it by the money they "saved" are ignoring the fact that you can tether without this... even on 3.1.3...
    If MyWi were only a tethering app, you might be right.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast