+ Reply
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I purchased the upgrade to MyWi 4.0 and upgraded to it but it still says trial and I can not find the license. Any ideas?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I purchased the upgrade to MyWi 4.0 and upgraded to it but it still says trial and I can not find the license. Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

cool software, can't wait for iPhone 4 Jailbreak to get this back... although the "upgrade" pricing sucks.
    Really?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really don't get it ,, really to all those complaining of the price. You buy the ferrari of phones and can't buy a 20 dollar app that saves you hundreds of dollars per year? It reminds me of Biff telling Marty "think Mcfly, think .. slap in face"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    Im not trying to sound like an *** but WTF? drop the price to 15 for new buyers and an additional 5 fr existing users and the ******** and moaning will subside.. my .02
    Thanks, exactly what I was gonna say. Though it begs the issue.. why is everyone ******** and moaning over $5? (Food for thought, not advocating their price.) I'm more concerned about the fact that this is a high-profile app, and that other apps will now think they can charge more until it trickles down and suddenly we're paying $60 for phone apps instead of the $1 and $2 prices in the AppStore.

I understand it's hard devs, but it's your choice on when you release. You don't HAVE to work around the clock, sacrifice your paycheck, etc. On top of all of this.. AD REVENUE! For something like MyFi, bring on the ads son.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

What's Jailbreak? iScream4iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I just installed the program and im having a little problem, hopefully its a quick fix. Everytime I go in to turn on tethering mode on I get a message stating "No Data Connection" and it gives you an option to click "yes - try fix" or "no". Well neither option help. I upload the pick so you can see what i'm talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features-photo-1.png   MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features-photo-2.png   MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features-photo-3.png   MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features-photo-4.png   MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features-photo-5.png  

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

My post was deleted why? Because I voiced my opinion? I did not advocate cracking apps or anything, all I'm saying is when the dev has shady upgrade practices like this don't be surprised if people don't just complain, they take action.
    iLive an iLife

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    ...On top of all of this.. AD REVENUE! For something like MyFi, bring on the ads son.
    Eh, how long do you sit in the actual MyWi app after you've turned it on? Ads on MyWi would be utterly useless.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    StFu all i am saying is we already bought the damn program once...would you be pissed if you every paid app that you bought (thinking it was going to be a one time purchase)already you had to pay each update? Everytime a new OS comes out we have to pay a freaking update ? And i have PDAnet and it works fine for 4.0 wifi and all but i like MYWI better..i am just saying kinda ****** to put that on paying customers...thats like having to pay for an OS upgrade everytime apple puts one out, you want to pay for every upgrade?? I did not think so...so STFU
    hmmm. most people pay for updates... I pay for OS X major upgrades, i pay for Windows upgrades... what is so wrong about that?

Thanks

You seem to tweet about it every five minutes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this is a free upgrade for existing users right?

hurry up and jb iphone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    You are really going to stay on 3.0 because you don't want to pay $10 for an app?

polly not lol I'm just talking **** I need that update its draining the crap out of my battery ha ha ha

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll certainly be paying the 10$ upgrade when the i4 is jailbroken as I am quite excited about a number of the new features. That being said, I do understand some of the frustration in regards to the pricing.

There is a difference between modifying mywi to be 4.0 compatible and upgrading the app to more or less entirely new beast (yes it's all tethering but the upgrade has 2x features than the original).

I think y'all shouldv'e made a free 4.0 compatible version (or even. 1.99 upgrade fee!) and simultaneously released a 4.0 "Pro" upgrade for the $20.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

1hihum (06-28-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    hmmm. most people pay for updates... I pay for OS X major upgrades, i pay for Windows upgrades... what is so wrong about that?
    Do you pay for Safari updates? No, you pay for MacOSX major upgrades but let me ask you this: Would you pay for just an update to Safari when you do not pay to upgrade the OSX itself?

iLive an iLife

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

1hihum (06-28-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Thanks, exactly what I was gonna say. Though it begs the issue.. why is everyone ******** and moaning over $5? (Food for thought, not advocating their price.) I'm more concerned about the fact that this is a high-profile app, and that other apps will now think they can charge more until it trickles down and suddenly we're paying $60 for phone apps instead of the $1 and $2 prices in the AppStore.

I understand it's hard devs, but it's your choice on when you release. You don't HAVE to work around the clock, sacrifice your paycheck, etc. On top of all of this.. AD REVENUE! For something like MyFi, bring on the ads son.
    I think that the reason a lot of the apps in the appstore are crap is because people expect everything to cost a $1. When the market is ready to start paying a decent price for apps we might start getting some decent apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

the jailbreak for the iPhone 4 needs to come out fast so i can have the new MyWi

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I think that the reason a lot of the apps in the appstore are crap is because people expect everything to cost a $1. When the market is ready to start paying a decent price for apps we might start getting some decent apps.
    I think that the reason a lot of the apps in the appstore are crap is because developers make crap and put a cheap $1.00 price tag on it hoping to rope in several hundred thousand morons to buy it. There are plenty of quality apps on the appstore that cost well more than $1.00. It's just so hard to find them because of all the crap-producing developers flooding the store with $1 garbage.

Thanks

I'm wanting to buy this now but I have to wait for some peoples :-) hopefully today I can review it on my i4. And irealsms that's my soulchild lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Do you pay for Safari updates? No, you pay for MacOSX major upgrades but let me ask you this: Would you pay for just an update to Safari when you do not pay to upgrade the OSX itself?

yeah, i would pay for everything. i love it

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    I also pay for OSX upgrades. Do you pay for iphone updates? I did not think so...This is not an extensive OPERATING system upgrade, this is an app upgrade. 10 Dollars is a 1/3 of the cost of an OSX upgrade so dont even compare MyWi upgrade to the cost of an upgrade for a whole freaking operating system. give me a break!

Thanks

i can't help but laugh at everyones sense of entitlement! just because this developer spent hundreds of hours of his life making this application better and making sure it works on the new OS that apple will force everyone to upgrade to (if you want apps from the app store), why should I HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING MORE??? $10 or $20 to get a feature ATT charges $20 a month for? how dare he?!?! I for one would like to say thanks for putting the product out and wish that a community of tech savvy people would be more willing to support individuals who ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTE to the community.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffhesser For This Useful Post:

3LECHE (06-28-2010), Poseidon79 (06-28-2010), skeels (06-28-2010), tsatryan (06-28-2010)