+ Reply
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo Yes it will. AT&T charges $20 a month. I understand the price complaints but I use MyWi everyday and to me its worth every penny of
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Yes it will.

AT&T charges $20 a month. I understand the price complaints but I use MyWi everyday and to me its worth every penny of $20. Even if I had to pay $20 a year for MyWi, I would be saving $220 a year plus get much more features. Not to mention, AT&T's tethering plan does not tether to the iPad so really I am saving another $30 a month or $360 a year. So $580 vs $20 hmmmmm

Exactly. I guess this is more how I see it...once you consider the nature of the app and the lack of other options, I agree completely--

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

PDAnet did not charge for 4.0 update so WTF..I am not even in the US right i am on VODAFONE. And for tethering with them is only like 5 Euro or somthing but i use mywi or pdanet. But ya i just think the upgrade price being the same as the original price of the app is a little redonkulous!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-01-2010)

Thanks

If I upgrade to MyWi 4.0 right now on my 3GS on iOS4, will the license transfer OK to my iPhone 4 when I get it (when it's jailbroke of course!)?

Green Apple
    Thanks

$20 does seem a little steep for a app.. Although that is the same as 1 month of tethering plan with AT&T, then that doesn't include any extra data, so you are limited to 2G of traffic before you have to pay $10 per Gig. Plus Mywi also adds WIFI Tethering!

For current users they are getting a bunch more features, so that can warrant a upgrade charge. Like going from Adobe CS4 to CS5.

Face it, there are Cheap *** bastards out there, and will not pay $$ just to be able to run on 4.0.

Make a MyWi Lite for them to get a free upgrade, just so they can use it on there new iPhone 4, without the new features.

Currently I am between phones. Sold my 3gs a week ago, and Best Buy STILL hasn't got my preorder So I have to wait for 2 things... To get my iPhone 4, a jailbreak, and then maybe MyWi still needs a update to work on the wifi on it, being that it uses a different chip.

In the past, I have been using the Comcenter hack, with a custom IPCC. Now 4.0 requires a signature for the whole ipcc, so if I change anything in the Carrier.plist, the phone refuses the ipcc. So with 4.0 MyWi is needed even more. So if there isn't a way around that when the jailbreak comes, I will end up buying MyWi. I don't even need the wifi part. I prefer the USB connection, as it charges the batt too

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

Yes - you can transfer the license to the iPhone 4 (assuming we can get it to work on iPhone 4 - but obviously we will be dedicated to getting it work and I'm very confident it'll work without any updates
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    All: I know it's not exciting for an upgrade fee. If you can put it in perspective - We have been working literally around the clock for weeks on MyWi 4.0. This app has been completely redesigned from scratch to get it to work on 4.0, with some very exciting new features. We are applying the full credit of the original purchase to the upgrade. You, of course, can still use MyWi 3.x - it's yours.

Give it a try (10 day free trial). We hope you can appreciate the effort to get this working on iOS4 and new features we've added. Thanks for your support!
    Thanks guys for getting this working...I understand the work you've put in and it is greatly appreciated...I obviously haven't JB'd yet as there isn't a tool available for iPhone 4, but as soon as there is one I will be upgrading and paying the upgrade fee without complaining...Thanks again for your awesome work--

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Yes to upgrade your license to the new 4.0 version
    are you serious the license doesn't carry over?? you have to pay another 10 bucks for the 4.0 version??

Thanks

Yes - you can transfer the license to the iPhone 4 (assuming we can get it to work on iPhone 4 - but obviously we will be dedicated to getting it work and I'm very confident it'll work without any updates
    And if it does not work on the iPhone4 we will make an updated version for iPhone4 for another $9.99...

Thanks

I love MyWi and I appreciate the work the developers put in on this. I kinda understand now that we are paying for the full app with our original price already applied. Put in that perspective i will suck it up and pay the additional 9.99 when my trial is up! I love mywi, cuz i dont have to have my macbook with me to let other people with wifi devices connect to my iphone to help them unlock or whatever i may need it for. Thanks MyWi team. i will quit complaining now that i understand a little bit more. =)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

skeels (06-28-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Does anyone know how to keep MMS after JBing with Redsn0w?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Exactly. For an initial purchase..ya ok 19.99 is pricey..but for those of us that paid the 9.99 for the original MyWi why the hell do we have to pay the exact same price for it again? Because they made some well need updates? Because its for the most current iOS? Bunch of ****...i am all for paying the developers but if i have to pay ever freaking time there is a new update then screw that...i mean whats next iOS5 and another 10 dollar upgrade fee? That will be a 30 Dollar app then...and so on! you get the point!

I totally agree with this!!! I was just saying that that exact thing before I read this.... I can understand a few bucks another $10.00 fawk that I'll stay at 3.0

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kakashi360 For This Useful Post:

guilou0875 (06-28-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi360 View Post
    I totally agree with this!!! I was just saying that that exact thing before I read this.... I can understand a few bucks another $10.00 fawk that I'll stay at 3.0
    You are really going to stay on 3.0 because you don't want to pay $10 for an app?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

total ripoff..i love mywi but to the folks that paid for the 3.0 version are getting screwed over big time. shame on you, devs..for shame.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jayteez For This Useful Post:

guilou0875 (06-28-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I understand that the features that we want to come native and for free are what we are all wanting out of a JB but charging another 10 bones for this upgrade is a bit steep. Most of us will buy it anyways but they aren't even guaranteeing that it will work on the new iphone...what is gonna happen when they have to rewrite the app a little for it to be compatible, another $5? so then the upgrade that should have been free is now an additional 15?

Im not trying to sound like an *** but WTF? drop the price to 15 for new buyers and an additional 5 for existing users and the ******** and moaning will subside.. my .02

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turb02 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (06-28-2010), reanimationxp (06-28-2010), xyzzy (06-28-2010)

Thanks

Honestly the dev asking 10 dollars in not unheard of. This is why. Say you haven't purchased MyWi for 3.x. In order to purchase MyWi 4.0 you would pay $20 dollars. But since many users have purchased MyWi for 3.x they are giving you a $10 dollar credit to the purchase of MyWi 4.0. So with this path you are out only $20 dollars as opposed to $30 (4.0 + 3.0).

Personally I am gonna hold off with this app until it has been around long enough on 4.0 to confirm it doesn't trigger AT&T tethering.
    Need Assistance? Read Here Tutorial On How to Know Everything

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kwall For This Useful Post:

skeels (06-28-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

All: I know it's not exciting for an upgrade fee. If you can put it in perspective - We have been working literally around the clock for weeks on MyWi 4.0. This app has been completely redesigned from scratch to get it to work on 4.0, with some very exciting new features. We are applying the full credit of the original purchase to the upgrade. You, of course, can still use MyWi 3.x - it's yours.

Give it a try (10 day free trial). We hope you can appreciate the effort to get this working on iOS4 and new features we've added. Thanks for your support!
    I am HUGELY NOT a fan of paid upgrades, however, even though I only bought my license a few months ago, MyWi has more than paid for itself and is worth way more than the $9.99 I paid for it initially. I'll happily pay another $10 once I upgrade to iOS4.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rokesomesmeefer For This Useful Post:

gmacdo1 (06-28-2010), skeels (06-28-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone bigorangekitty's Avatar
    Thanks

Did Apple charge you to upgrade your current OS to iOS 4? ...I didn't think so... i won't be upgrading.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    I understand that the features that we want to come native and for free are what we are all wanting out of a JB but charging another 10 bones for this upgrade is a bit steep. Most of us will buy it anyways but they aren't even guaranteeing that it will work on the new iphone...what is gonna happen when they have to rewrite the app a little for it to be compatible, another $5? so then the upgrade that should have been free is now an additional 15?

Im not trying to sound like an *** but WTF? drop the price to 15 for new buyers and an additional 5 for existing users and the ******** and moaning will subside.. my .02
    I could handle a 5 dollar upgrade. i will probably pay the 9.99!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Although I don't agree with how some of it's being expressed, there's a fair complaint from those who purchased version 3.x of the app, then found it wouldn't work any more on iOS4. It's true that the dev hasn't asked us to pay any more (in total) than someone buying it for the first time on iOS4, but they're also not asking us to pay any *less*. Given that we started off agreeing to pay the asking price for an app, only to find that the upgrade to iOS made it stop working, effectively the upgrade pricing says "even if you just want what it did to begin with, we've changed the deal... and if you don't agree to our new terms, then you're out of luck".

I am now running the trial of the new version, and expect I will pay for the upgrade. However, having felt really good about buying the app in the first place - it was a very reasonable price, and I'm happy to support developers of such great utilities - I'm not so positive any more.

I don't think it would take *much* change in the upgrade pricing for me to feel happy about it - say, a few dollars less - to say "thanks for supporting us early on: this was too much work for us to give away for free, but you get a bit of a deal for the fact that (a) you bought it already, and (b) we know it doesn't work for you any more".

On a subject other than the upgrade pricing, are there any plans to provide Bluetooth tethering again? I see all the new advanced options, but one of the features I actually used in 3.x seems to have disappeared.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmmm dunno if this is the place to ask.. I have MyWi 3.x and I just purchased the license for MyWi 4.0. I got the receipt email but I look at license central and I cannot see the license for MyWi 4.0 .. anybody know why?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to tnsai For This Useful Post:

billybruiser (07-03-2010)