+ Reply
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
everyone complaining about price, just go ahead and sign up for tethering with AT&T.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

everyone complaining about price, just go ahead and sign up for tethering with AT&T.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the pricing is simply wrong.

Even in App Store, no App dare to charge just for iOS4 support.
    At least update 3.x without extra features for free to work on iOS4.
    Greedy developer! I bought this app and only use it casually, total less than 10 times! And now I have to pay again! So wrong!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to phytonix For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-01-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Do I need iOS 4.0 to run this new update?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    For people compaining about the price, its a lot cheaper than the tethering plan so SHUT IT OFF!!!
    StFu all i am saying is we already bought the damn program once...would you be pissed if you every paid app that you bought (thinking it was going to be a one time purchase)already you had to pay each update? Everytime a new OS comes out we have to pay a freaking update ? And i have PDAnet and it works fine for 4.0 wifi and all but i like MYWI better..i am just saying kinda ****** to put that on paying customers...thats like having to pay for an OS upgrade everytime apple puts one out, you want to pay for every upgrade?? I did not think so...so STFU

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joe97 View Post
    I think most of us with issues about the price actually have little issue with the initial price because of this reason. It's those of us that have already bought MiWi before, and now having to pay $10 just to keep using it. $10 is normally considered pricey for an app on its own. For an upgrade to keep using a product, it's very steep.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolftamer For This Useful Post:

Amraam (06-28-2010), area51crypto (08-01-2010), DeviantGeek (06-28-2010), reanimationxp (06-28-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just because ATT is doing it wrong, doesn't mean MyWi should be wrong as well, although a little less wrong.

Green Apple
    Thanks

will this allow me to by pass the stupid tether charge att has?

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

That is a pretty steep price... I don't mind paying for quality... but to continue to charge for updates is kinda crappy. A $1.99 upgrade price is ok BUT $10?!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

Amraam (06-28-2010), area51crypto (08-01-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Perfect timing! This is truly an incredible app. I will purchase it once I update to 4.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the price (new purchase or upgrade) is fair given the cost of at&t's $20 per month non-sense "how you use your capped data" charge.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    I think most of us with issues about the price actually have little issue with the initial price because of this reason. It's those of us that have already bought MiWi before, and now having to pay $10 just to keep using it. $10 is normally considered pricey for an app on its own. For an upgrade to keep using a product, it's very steep.
    Exactly. For an initial purchase..ya ok 19.99 is pricey..but for those of us that paid the 9.99 for the original MyWi why the hell do we have to pay the exact same price for it again? Because they made some well need updates? Because its for the most current iOS? Bunch of ****...i am all for paying the developers but if i have to pay ever freaking time there is a new update then screw that...i mean whats next iOS5 and another 10 dollar upgrade fee? That will be a 30 Dollar app then...and so on! you get the point!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought it a little over two month ago and now I have to pay again?!! F off!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to phytonix For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I agree with all others. We shouldn't have to pay double for an app we've already purchased. I've barely Used it because I've been stationed in Korea for the past 8 months and only bought it while I was on 30 days vacation. And to all of those telling u's to stfu, you'd be voicing your opinion just like us if you already paid for it. Not fair and most people will end up pirating it in spite. Good job devs.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LSZ33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolftamer View Post
    point taken, I guess it has to do with the nature of the app and also considering the other options (or lack thereof) that are available. It may be possible that the developer would lower the upgrade price--

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Omg how cool. Bit pissed that I gotta pay another $9.99 for 4.x support but the battery improvements are welcome
    C'mon dev team finish the spirit port already!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Beej2211 For This Useful Post:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Kinda pointless app now that we are limited with our data usage... I just use a usb dongle and crack WEPs.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ray661 View Post
    will this allow me to by pass the stupid tether charge att has?
    Yes it will.

AT&T charges $20 a month. I understand the price complaints but I use MyWi everyday and to me its worth every penny of $20. Even if I had to pay $20 a year for MyWi, I would be saving $220 a year plus get much more features. Not to mention, AT&T's tethering plan does not tether to the iPad so really I am saving another $30 a month or $360 a year. So $580 vs $20 hmmmmm

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

bllewisii (06-28-2010), ninthchamber99 (06-28-2010), toyvan (06-28-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me s1l3nt's Avatar
    Thanks

20$? i want to get this app if only someone donated me 20$

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so we have to pay for the update that fixes issues that should have been fixed at no charge? Im all for the update but damn! and is it me or has anyone ever been able to connect more than one device to the phone? Mine seems to only do an "adhoc" network...

Patiently waiting iphone 4 jailbreak so I can get this update...

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

All: I know it's not exciting for an upgrade fee. If you can put it in perspective - We have been working literally around the clock for weeks on MyWi 4.0. This app has been completely redesigned from scratch to get it to work on 4.0, with some very exciting new features. We are applying the full credit of the original purchase to the upgrade. You, of course, can still use MyWi 3.x - it's yours.

Give it a try (10 day free trial). We hope you can appreciate the effort to get this working on iOS4 and new features we've added. Thanks for your support!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

joe97 (06-28-2010), SteveNYC (06-30-2010), toyvan (06-28-2010), tsatryan (06-28-2010)