+ Reply
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Huh that is a bit pricey but for all of the original + new features I suspect it may be worth it. Hopefully we'll have spirit for the i4 soon
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Huh that is a bit pricey but for all of the original + new features I suspect it may be worth it. Hopefully we'll have spirit for the i4 soon and I will be able to give it a whirl...

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    1hihum: IntelliScreen support for 4.0 actually has and continues in development (there are a lot of changes in 4.0 as you can imagine. There's a shared new component in MyWi that's also required for IntelliScreen (IntelliStatusBarIcons). I would love to dedicate the time and rewrite IntelliScreen - and I'll let you know that when that happens - there will be an upgrade fee. However, there will be an update (not upgrade - there's a difference) for IntelliScreen current users (free) to support 4.0. That being said - I absolutely understand your concerns. Ie - "does it work". This is why there's a free trial- we don't want any user to have buyers remorse. 10 days gives you enough time to decide if you love - if not - leave it .

My personal opinion on does this work - if it didn't - you'd get a lot less messages about pricing and more on it doesn't work (trust me - all devs know this too well - there are always bugs . We spent a very large amount of time ensuring many error cases were handled. There was one we missed today - which was certain international users with certain data configurations (and we're deeply sorry - we are, however, happy we could fix it within a few hours).

All: Obviously everyone has put a lot of thought into today's comments. I think the take home is that everyone enjoys the product. We really appreciate your opinions and feedback on MyWi 4.0. Thanks again for all the interest!
    Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I understand that it is not easy to do what you do, and I do like your work! All I ask is that you take a few moments to keep customers in the loop. Dropping a line in the apps discussion sections would go a long way! Thanks for taking the time to listen.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Well Stealth, given your presence and rank (for lack of a better word) I would expect that he would get right back to you.
    You are not so low on the totem pole yourself

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

1hihum: Ahh -- on that note then - you'll love to hear there's an incredible new update for tlert for 4.0 (no upgrade fee ) Lots of new features like create a new text message from anywhere.. and others It's been done for weeks but a few small bugs that need some attention. (I know this isn't an intelliborn topic -- sorry)

We are always working hard to meet users needs. I'm not aware of many developers who troubleshoot, identify, and turn around bug fixes in < 8 hours (like the earlier MyWi issue). I appreciate your view point. It's great to hear your feedback and that you enjoy our products! Hang on - we're upgrading (or making our best efforts for sure) to update everyone of our apps for 4.0!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

1hihum (06-28-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can create and connect to the WiFi hotspot but on my computer it says 'No Internet Access' when I'm connected. Any help?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    1hihum: IntelliScreen support for 4.0 actually has and continues in development (there are a lot of changes in 4.0 as you can imagine. There's a shared new component in MyWi that's also required for IntelliScreen (IntelliStatusBarIcons). I would love to dedicate the time and rewrite IntelliScreen - and I'll let you know that when that happens - there will be an upgrade fee. However, there will be an update (not upgrade - there's a difference) for IntelliScreen current users (free) to support 4.0. That being said - I absolutely understand your concerns. Ie - "does it work". This is why there's a free trial- we don't want any user to have buyers remorse. 10 days gives you enough time to decide if you love - if not - leave it .

My personal opinion on does this work - if it didn't - you'd get a lot less messages about pricing and more on it doesn't work (trust me - all devs know this too well - there are always bugs . We spent a very large amount of time ensuring many error cases were handled. There was one we missed today - which was certain international users with certain data configurations (and we're deeply sorry - we are, however, happy we could fix it within a few hours).

All: Obviously everyone has put a lot of thought into today's comments. I think the take home is that everyone enjoys the product. We really appreciate your opinions and feedback on MyWi 4.0. Thanks again for all the interest!
    My can't we have the option to upgrade MyWi by having 2 versions that support iOS4? This way people who paid for 3.x can decide on their own if it's worth the $9.99 to upgrade to get the additional features.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

So basically everyone is waiting for the iPhone 4 jailbreak lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default What about the No-Rock version and upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Method2001 View Post
    So basically everyone is waiting for the iPhone 4 jailbreak lol
    Well, that and the No Rock version. Dev (@psuskeels), when will the No Rock version be out. I ask for two reasons - One, I bought the app outside of Rock and want to simply pay the upgrade fee. Two, Rock is a terribly buggy app and I and many others want nothing to do with it (sorry, but it's rather true...).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayteez View Post
    *steps back in* hold up..does ANYONE has mywi 4.0 actually working??
    Have you upgrade the 4.0 to 4.0.99 (June 29, 2010)?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First off, I want to thank the developers for this fantastic gem of a product. It's indispensable to me (though I only use it occasionally) and I highly recommend it to anyone. Even if it only saves your butt one time it was well worth $10 or $20.

I bought the 3.x through Rock a long while back and it was great. I'm now using the free trial license for 4.0 but will definitely be upgrading.

My only question: is there any way to possibly enable WPA or WPA2 encryption? WEP is notoriously weak and insecure, easy to crack. I'm a little concerned about that. Second, is there a simple way to generate the WEP key? Some apps/programs let you enter a passphrase and it translates the 26-character key but MyWi just wants the exact key. Also a good random generator for it?

For those whining about cost, get real. If you can afford an iPhone and the monthly fees which go along with it, you can pony up a few bucks to support the small independent developers who create such fantastic pieces of software. Really, come on!

It was just a couple days ago I thought "I miss MyWi!" even though I rarely use it -- having it there gives me peace of mind and that's worth more than $20 let me tell ya!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow I'm just glad to find out is and tlert have been porter to ios4. Good to hear!!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpabster View Post
    For those whining about cost, get real. If you can afford an iPhone and the monthly fees which go along with it...
    Let's not bring up this justification once more; never ends in an agreement.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

1hihum (06-29-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So I'm interested in investing in tehtering and using MyWi, but I'm a new Softbank customer and was warned about high charges if they catch me tethering.

Can Softbank, or any carrier for that matter, tell how if I'm tethering and if so, how? Is there a way to tether without them knowing?

As for the price, it's totally reasonable to pay for upgrades, especially ones that actually bring big improvements to a product. Look at everything else you pay for: Windows, AV, registry tools, etc...It totally makes sense. Why would somebody put in the effort to upgrade or even make something compatible unless there was some profit?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dev,
    Love the upgrade to 4.0 and I am willing to pay for the upgrade, thanks for a great app. !
    The app works beautifully on my iphone 3GS with iOS4 installed.
    I purchased the previous version through Cydia (no rock), when I installed the 4.0 version I got a trial version!
    How do I pay for the upgrade ? It should be only 9.99 for the upgrade right ?
    Plse help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by helibubba View Post
    As for the price, it's totally reasonable to pay for upgrades, especially ones that actually bring big improvements to a product. Look at everything else you pay for: Windows, AV, registry tools, etc...It totally makes sense. Why would somebody put in the effort to upgrade or even make something compatible unless there was some profit?
    I believe the issue here is largely down to how much, and when it's reasonable.

As it stands customers of the previous version are held somewhat to ransom - there's only so long you can stay on 3.x without all your other apps leaving you behind, and new apps not supporting it etc, so then it's either (A) cough up the upgrade price (B) throw away the cash you spent for the product originally, it's not like PC software where you have a much larger compatibility overlap for the vast majority of software.

The other side of this is transparency of pricing. Nearly every product I have bought has a clear, published policy on upgrades and updates, both major and minor, and makes it clear what I should and should not expect to pay for in the future, and if an impending new version differs from this policy the developers will generally make new purchasers aware of this before they buy so that they can make an educated decision.

The lack of any such forewarning is, I believe, a large part of the issue here, especially given the trend of the vast majority of apps on the iDevice platform (both App Store, and JB based) to offer at least support for the existing functionality on the new version of the OS at no charge (and one might say for official apps it's almost a requirement, since for non JB users it's essentially a forced OS upgrade as there's no downgrade path for current generation devices)

Now, as a developer myself I would never dispute the right of another developer to charge for their software or their updates, but I can't condone undertaking a major re-write which you have every intention of charging for, whilst at the same time continuing to sell the previous version with no warning that buyers will have to shell out more cash if they want to keep their device current to remain compatible with everything else they use.

To do that is starting to skirt along misleading business practices in my eyes, and most definitely lacks transparency of pricing structure - users should have had fair warning, and all the facts they needed to make a fully informed purchase, and those who bought it after the re-write commenced and were not notified should, I believe, be entitled to a fair choice of either paying for the update, or returning their licenses for a refund and allowing them to take their business elsewhere.

I have no comment on the amount of the charge here, solely the way in which it has been handled, and I would welcome any feedback on my thoughts from the developer if he disagrees or has any comments on my opinions.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madon View Post
    I believe the issue here is largely down to how much, and when it's reasonable.

As it stands customers of the previous version are held somewhat to ransom - there's only so long you can stay on 3.x without all your other apps leaving you behind, and new apps not supporting it etc, so then it's either (A) cough up the upgrade price (B) throw away the cash you spent for the product originally, it's not like PC software where you have a much larger compatibility overlap for the vast majority of software.

The other side of this is transparency of pricing. Nearly every product I have bought has a clear, published policy on upgrades and updates, both major and minor, and makes it clear what I should and should not expect to pay for in the future, and if an impending new version differs from this policy the developers will generally make new purchasers aware of this before they buy so that they can make an educated decision.

The lack of any such forewarning is, I believe, a large part of the issue here, especially given the trend of the vast majority of apps on the iDevice platform (both App Store, and JB based) to offer at least support for the existing functionality on the new version of the OS at no charge (and one might say for official apps it's almost a requirement, since for non JB users it's essentially a forced OS upgrade as there's no downgrade path for current generation devices)

Now, as a developer myself I would never dispute the right of another developer to charge for their software or their updates, but I can't condone undertaking a major re-write which you have every intention of charging for, whilst at the same time continuing to sell the previous version with no warning that buyers will have to shell out more cash if they want to keep their device current to remain compatible with everything else they use.

To do that is starting to skirt along misleading business practices in my eyes, and most definitely lacks transparency of pricing structure - users should have had fair warning, and all the facts they needed to make a fully informed purchase, and those who bought it after the re-write commenced and were not notified should, I believe, be entitled to a fair choice of either paying for the update, or returning their licenses for a refund and allowing them to take their business elsewhere.

I have no comment on the amount of the charge here, solely the way in which it has been handled, and I would welcome any feedback on my thoughts from the developer if he disagrees or has any comments on my opinions.
    I swear the majority of people on this forum either A. cannot read, B. are ignorant, or C. are just downright stupid. Why is it so hard to understand that if you previously bought 3.x and you upgrade to 4.0, THERE IS A DISCOUNT? Either way, you're going to pay $19.99 for 4.0, whether you got there from 3.x previously or went straight to 4.0 without previously using 3.x. Your entire drawn out argument is completely worthless simply because you, like 99% of the posters on this thread, seemingly fail to understand this simple fact and are either illiterate or too damn lazy to read the damn info on MyWi 4.0. It CLEARLY states on the page "Please Note: MyWi 3.x Upgrade Price is $9.99. (discount at checkout)."

Nobody is throwing away money, nobody is paying more or less than anyone else. It's $19.99 no matter how you get it. Open your eyes, quit being lazy, and read the damn info page - MyWi 4.0 - Rock Your Phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a a bit off topic but is the modmyi app a shortcut or is it a real app.

Thanks

And yet you yourself fall foul of the same failings. My entire post was based on the fact that they bought a product advertised at one price, agreed and bought it, and now find out if they wish to continue using it they will have to pay extra and were NOT told this at the point they bought 3.x at all.

It's pay extra to take you up to $19.99 and get 4.x, or choose to go elsewhere and lose the $9.99 you paid originally. How's about you take you own advice, and read the damned post yourself before being an arrogant waste of space.

NOTHING was clearly stated about there being a paid update just around the corner, or that there would even be a charge for iOS4 support until AFTER the new version was released. I never stated that anyone was paying more or less than anyone else, merely that people had been sold a product at a price with no intention of ongoing support (a rewrite had already commenced, the product they were buying was essentially dead code) and then expected to pay to upgrade or not have the use of the software.

It's such a shame you fall into the majority that you complain about so loudly.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to madon For This Useful Post:

1hihum (06-29-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

And yet you yourself fall foul of the same failings. My entire post was based on the fact that they bought a product advertised at one price, agreed and bought it, and now find out if they wish to continue using it they will have to pay extra and were NOT told this at the point they bought 3.x at all.

It's pay extra to take you up to $19.99 and get 4.x, or choose to go elsewhere and lose the $9.99 you paid originally. How's about you take you own advice, and read the damned post yourself before being an arrogant waste of space.

NOTHING was clearly stated about there being a paid update just around the corner, or that there would even be a charge for iOS4 support until AFTER the new version was released. I never stated that anyone was paying more or less than anyone else, merely that people had been sold a product at a price with no intention of ongoing support (a rewrite had already commenced, the product they were buying was essentially dead code) and then expected to pay to upgrade or not have the use of the software.

So you are just assuming that 3.x will work on iOS4, even though iOS4 is not listed in the supported versions? From MyWi - Rock Your Phone :

Supported iPhone Versions 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.2, 3.2

Thanks

And yet it will still sell like hotcakes

I'd gladly pay 20 if i wasn't eligible for an update, it's still cheaper than only one month of legit tethering through ATT, and even that is crippled from sharing with my iPad.