+ Reply
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 389

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: MyWi 4.0 Released with All New Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I paid for the the old version **** and, now this can't be call +upgrade+ this is call buy it igain ***** is you wanna it
...
  1. #201
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA, Miami, Florida
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts

    I paid for the the old version **** and, now this can't be call +upgrade+ this is call buy it igain ***** is you wanna it

  2. #202
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,999
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

    And that is BS too. The notion that "everyone does it" doesn't make this pill and easier one to swallow...
    Agreed but for this situation people need to see that it is a rewrite of the whole application. Would it be easier if instead of them having it as MyWi 4.0 just turn it into a whole new app and charge everyone full price since it is basically a whole new app. So WiMy 1.0 now just 19.99.

    And I didn't really say everyone does it I just mentioned some situations where it is done and people still pay with little fuss.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

    skeels (06-28-2010)

  4. #203
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    This is a BS, if the APP was made from scratch for IOS 4 it wouldn't be back compatible with version 3.x, would it.

    Dev put a version detection when the app try to install on IOS 4, I'm sure it will work fine as PDAnet and all the other apps works just fine without an upgrade. Asking for a refund! will get Paypal involved and will see! I know it's just $9.99 but for the principal of not letting any one screw me up, I will fight it!

  5. #204
    What's Jailbreak? iScream4iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Omg!!!!!!!! Stop complaining about something thats not even working!!!!!!! There is an issue with the program connecting with data and the one thing that concern you guys is a freakin 10.00 upgrade fee...


    Do anybody know a fix for this issue??? I've been asking all day...

  6. #205
    iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Saitama, Japan
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jayteez View Post
    *steps back in* hold up..does ANYONE has mywi 4.0 actually working??
    I would like to know too. I haven't heard of a success story on this thread yet or maybe I missed it going through 14 pages.

  7. #206
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts

    You paid $10 for the original app you're paying $10 for the upgrade you paid $20 dollars total. The cost of the new app without owning a previous version is $20. Everyone pays $20 dollars for the app get over it. Seriously stop complaining about having to pay for an update it's starting to get annoying going on this thread and seeing 14 pages of people whining about paying $10 more.

    Is it actually working? I'm not updating my iphone to iOS4 until most of the good jb apps are compatible with it and I want to know if this works yet.

  8. #207
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Agreed but for this situation people need to see that it is a rewrite of the whole application. Would it be easier if instead of them having it as MyWi 4.0 just turn it into a whole new app and charge everyone full price since it is basically a whole new app. So WiMy 1.0 now just 19.99.

    And I didn't really say everyone does it I just mentioned some situations where it is done and people still pay with little fuss.
    I know you didn't say everyone does it, I am just pointing out that saying others do it (better?) isn't really a valid justification to do it here. Everyone deserves to make money for their time. I get that. I just think, this being a modding site and all, that people who have already paid for this will be seeking out others "less expensive" ways of acquiring this app. I am willing to bet that the majority of people could give less of a crap about the additional features anyway. They just want the features they had in the previous OS to work for them still. In short, I feel they have a crappy business model and price point. There are apps that take WAY more time to produce being sold for way less. It is clear they are taking advantage of the "necessity" of this app and the timing of its release.

    As to the people complaining about the complainers. When are you going to realize that it is complaints and feedback that move this entire industry forward. If something feels overpriced, we complain, and prices are adjusted. Again, I am aware that everyone needs to be paid for their work. If you all feel so damn strongly about this, fight for the workers who are assembling the phones for us for pennies an hour. Without them not a single dev could develop in the comfort of their air-conditioned homes. THEY are truly the people that deserve more money, but that is overlooked. Having to rewrite code to work on this OS. My GOD that IS tough work. Please give those guys a pay raise first!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 06-28-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  9. #208
    What's Jailbreak? iScream4iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I've been trying to say that since this morning...the damn program does not work at all!!! everybody is so stuck on the fact that they charging for it but not realizing that it doesnt work...I even uploaded picture of the issue but people seem to just ignore it...

    Quote Originally Posted by patato22 View Post
    i paid for the the old version **** and, now this can't be call +upgrade+ this is call buy it igain ***** is you wanna it
    omg!!!!!!!! Stop complaining about something thats not even working!!!!!!! There is an issue with the program connecting with data and the one thing that concern you guys is a freakin 10.00 upgrade fee...


    Do anybody know a fix for this issue??? I've been asking all day...
    Last edited by iScream4iPhone; 06-28-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #209
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iScream4iPhone View Post
    I've been trying to say that since this morning...the damn program does not work at all!!! everybody is so stuck on the fact that they charging for it but not realizing that it doesnt work...I even uploaded picture of the issue but people seem to just ignore it...

    Do anybody know a fix for this issue??? I've been asking all day...
    What's wrong with it? Musta missed the picture in the 14 pages of whining... lol

    Also, was the guy you quoted typing in English?

  11. #210
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts

    cydia giving a "size mismatch "error when trying to download the mywi4 app. seems to be for the mywi 4's deb file.

  12. #211
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts

    Probably a stupid question but this version of mywi is for all phones running on iOS4 right? Not just iphone 4.

  13. #212
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iScream4iPhone View Post
    I've been trying to say that since this morning...the damn program does not work at all!!! everybody is so stuck on the fact that they charging for it but not realizing that it doesnt work...I even uploaded picture of the issue but people seem to just ignore it...



    omg!!!!!!!! Stop complaining about something thats not even working!!!!!!! There is an issue with the program connecting with data and the one thing that concern you guys is a freakin 10.00 upgrade fee...


    Do anybody know a fix for this issue??? I've been asking all day...
    They just released a new update, good luck! I'm not even bothering with it at this point!

  14. #213
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    MyWi 4.0 has also killed my 3G connection dead. Uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling etc did nothing at all. My 3G connection is dead dead dead. Wifi still works, running Rock again did NOT fix it (as previously reported here).

    I noticed that a short while ago a new version (0.99) was posted that supposedly fixed this issue. After uninstalling MyWi again and reinstalling, rebooting, safari still goes nowhere on 3G. MyWi still complains about no data connection. Very sad.

    I have tried reinstalling my carrier profile. No luck. Uninstalled SBSettings and Activator. No luck. At this stage it looks like I will have to restore my firmware to restore 3G data functionality.


    (On an iPhone 3G in Australia on Telstra).

  15. #214
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I know you didn't say everyone does it, I am just pointing out that saying others do it (better?) isn't really a valid justification to do it here. Everyone deserves to make money for their time. I get that. I just think, this being a modding site and all, that people who have already paid for this will be seeking out others "less expensive" ways of acquiring this app. I am willing to bet that the majority of people could give less of a crap about the additional features anyway. They just want the features they had in the previous OS to work for them still. In short, I feel they have a crappy business model and price point. There are apps that take WAY more time to produce being sold for way less. It is clear they are taking advantage of the "necessity" of this app and the timing of its release.

    As to the people complaining about the complainers. When are you going to realize that it is complaints and feedback that move this entire industry forward. If something feels overpriced, we complain, and prices are adjusted. Again, I am aware that everyone needs to be paid for their work. If you all feel so damn strongly about this, fight for the workers who are assembling the phones for us for pennies an hour. Without them not a single dev could develop in the comfort of their air-conditioned homes. THEY are truly the people that deserve more money, but that is overlooked. Having to rewrite code to work on this OS. My GOD that IS tough work. Please give those guys a pay raise first!
    Wisely said!

  16. #215
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jayteez View Post
    i think the majority hear has voiced their opinion that charging for an already purchased app for an "upgrade" is criminal
    Wow. Criminal? Wow

  17. #216
    Previously known as psuskeels
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    667
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 239 Times in 113 Posts

    All: If you have a data issue - v4.0.97 MyWi on installation reset the CommCenter on the phone. For users in countries outside the US - this can cause the CommCenter to load default settings on APN/mobile.config. If you've installed a custom mobile.config/edited the APN - you will have to do so again..

    Bed42: Can you let us know if you've edited or installed custom mobile.config?

    Thanks

    PS: the update, while fixing other bugs, also fixed this one for new users - we no longer reset the CommCenter and simply require a reboot after first install. If you've already had the reset - and have no data connection - you need to reinstall mobile.config/edit the APN. The new update can't do this for you.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

    Archion (06-28-2010)

  19. #217
    What's Jailbreak? iScream4iPhone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    All: If you have a data issue - v4.0.97 MyWi on installation reset the CommCenter on the phone. For users in countries outside the US - this can cause the CommCenter to load default settings on APN/mobile.config. If you've installed a custom mobile.config/edited the APN - you will have to do so again..

    Bed42: Can you let us know if you've edited or installed custom mobile.config?

    Thanks

    PS: the update, while fixing other bugs, also fixed this one for new users - we no longer reset the CommCenter and simply require a reboot after first install. If you've already had the reset - and have no data connection - you need to reinstall mobile.config/edit the APN. The new update can't do this for you.
    I'm kidda new at all this but what is the commcenter? And how do i reinstall mobile.config/edit the APN?

  20. #218
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    When I install from Cydia and open the app, its checking for a license but does not do anything past that. My only option is to exit. Any ideas?

  21. #219
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Agreed but for this situation people need to see that it is a rewrite of the whole application. Would it be easier if instead of them having it as MyWi 4.0 just turn it into a whole new app and charge everyone full price since it is basically a whole new app. So WiMy 1.0 now just 19.99.

    And I didn't really say everyone does it I just mentioned some situations where it is done and people still pay with little fuss.
    The problem is most of the children (teenagers and college kids) here will complain no matter what. They see no value in anything because they have been having their needs made for them for the past 20 years. They complained when this app came out for 3.0 and was $10. People were shocked. They were used to free cydia apps like winterboard and sbsettings. If this community wants to stick to apps from just hobbyist devs then expect little support and updates in their free time (ever wonder why many of the cool apps over years have died and gone away?). The devs that can make a living at developing for the iPhone are going to make better apps because they will be more inclined to make them better and develop new tweaks and mods. Many of the awesome apps that have been released on rock and in the cydia store most likely would not have been made if there wasn't some financial incentive.

    This app is a pricey app, no doubt about it. But I can't believe people can't see that it's worth every penny of it. Charging for updates with added features is a great business model. The dev has incentive to add more features and improve on old ones while the customer gets a great product with excellent support.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

    Windmeel (06-29-2010)

  23. #220
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Bed42: Can you let us know if you've edited or installed custom mobile.config?
    I didn't have a custom config on there at all. With your advice though, I have finally restored my 3G connection by using Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone to generate a new carrier profile update to restore my APN back to 'telstra.iph' (since editing my APN is not accessible to me). I had to email the profile to myself - applying it restored 3G data.

    MyWi is still not able to access the data though - I will try uninstalling and resintalling it again. At least I know how to recover if 3G gets lost. Thank

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts