Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: False Hopes Pinned to Rumored iPhone 4 Software Update?

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    Then again, I don't grip my phone like I do my girlfriend's tits when see's butt naked.
    Yeah she likes it when I do that too, LMAO

You should try biting them a little. She likes that even more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to l0k0 For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (06-28-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VBLUE42 View Post
    So is it just me r does anyone else not see this as an issue at all? I don't have this problem. Then again, I don't grip my phone like I do my girlfriend's tits when see's butt naked. I mean seriously, don't hold the damn phone like that and you wont have the issue.
    I have not been able to replicate this either. However I have had the issue happen with my 3GS.

It's not just about the way you hold the phone...
    I've heard some bug in iOS 4 and new Baseband OS help to make situation worse...
    The problem is that there is a bud in switching frequencies... (Maybe!)
    So, a bugfix can make it better and normal with losing 1-2 bars as is normal with any wireless device!!!

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Come on people, Software updates can fix anything. Havent u seen the battery life increase from 3.0 to 4.0, LMAO. Remember Apple has always claimed battery life is increased. Now they are claiming software update can fix a reception issue, LMAO. I'm calling BS!!!!! again

PS: Apple, IF your software update can fix this reception issue. Can u please send this update to our government and see if you can fix it too.

*sighs... a small company called NASA fixes hardware problems with software all the time, as they don't always have physical access to satellites, and even if parts of the equipment are destroyed, software updates can restore some of the lost functionality.

People who have no idea of how software and hardware interact, shouldn't comment on it.

LMAO First comment made my day

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

A software update would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

Can you imagine if this was Microsoft? People would be crucifying them! But since it's Apple...no big deal!

Green Apple
    Thanks

or toyota... then it would be a recall... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by realjaja View Post
    or toyota... then it would be a recall... LOL
    It kind of is like Toyota though...my wife starts talking on the iPhone and then she starts talking faster...and more...and I can't make her shut up!

Small company like Apple introduces a product called the Iphone 4 rubber bumper on the same day they introduce the Iphone 4 (which has reception issues due to the antenna on the outter case).

Was this coincidence or conspiracy?

iPhone? More like MyPhone CMOSlabs's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 antenna fix
    The transcivers are all programable. So lets hope there is a software fix.
    I remember hearing about the new way of playing with multi cell towers for a better connection, so maybe tweeking that code will help. Here are the new chips.
    Skyworks SKY77541 GSM/GRPS Front End Module

Skyworks SKY77542 TxRx iPAC FEM for Dual-Band GSM/GPRS

These will be the ones they tweek.

There is the Carrier settings which went from 5.6 to 7.0
    and the Modem Firmware 5.13.04. Wonder which one they will modify, or maybe both of them.

Or as I posted earlier, there is the CMOS Fix
    The o'l antenna decal

or my home made version for my 3gs, which gave me a 2 bar improvment.
    Last edited by CMOSlabs; 06-27-2010 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Droped Att G3 data, moved hand

Coincidence. Apple realized there was good money to be made off accessories they make. It's why they made the iPad case and it's why they made the iPhone case. Apple is not the kind of company that would introduce such a critical flaw in their phone design to force people to buy their accessories.

The reception problem has to be software my 3GS is doing the same thing now!

Ditto

I mean ditto to hardware problem!
    Last edited by allanes5; 06-27-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Clarifying my ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Megahalo View Post
    Coincidence. Apple realized there was good money to be made off accessories they make. It's why they made the iPad case and it's why they made the iPhone case. Apple is not the kind of company that would introduce such a critical flaw in their phone design to force people to buy their accessories.
    I beg to differ. Look at what ATT just did with thier data plans. Who would have thought they would do such a thing to their users.

Money makes u greedy, no matter how big the company is.

PS: Notice on 4.0 you cant add pictures to ur text messages, because u dont have the option. Now u mean as BIG of an update that 4.0 was. Apple was dumb enough to leave that important part out. WOW, just amazing.
    Last edited by l0k0; 06-27-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Small company like Apple introduces a product called the Iphone 4 rubber bumper on the same day they introduce the Iphone 4 (which has reception issues due to the antenna on the outter case).

Was this coincidence or conspiracy?
    because every other case on the market would have left the sides of the phone fully exposed right? OMG I think you're onto something here, please tell us the 'REAL' story about how Mr. Jobs got his new liver from craigslist.

/s (i'm growing weary reading some posts, I think i'm better off dividing by 0)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Best software solution if it was a hardware issue:

now you have about 2 minutes before you run out of signal even if your holding your phone wrong!

I beg to differ. Look at what ATT just did with thier data plans. Who would have thought they would do such a thing to their users.

OMFG, really? this takes the cake lmao.

listen, every carrier will be doing what AT&T is doing, we're probably the only country that even still has an option for unlimited data, ask some of our members across the pond if they have unlimited data, this has nothing to do with greed at all, some people actually like the idea of saving a few bucks a month as statistically 96% of AT&Ts users never use more than 2GB a month.

AT&T is actually the company in the bunch that had true unlimited data and didn't cap at 5GB like other carriers.

next conspiracy please...

The only thing an update will do is update ur baseband. Bye bye unlock. But apple my reception still sucks. "we tried" is all they're gonna say

good collection of youtube videos and experiences on gizmodo:

iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast