Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Becomes Guitar for New Musical Experience

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default iPhone Becomes Guitar for New Musical Experience

From entire orchestras performing only with iPhone-generated music, to full albums released that were exclusively recorded on the iPod Touch, our iDevices are, without question, versatile instruments that can surprisingly make beautiful music. As a result, there has been no shortage of music apps emerging as popular applications for both aspiring and professional musicians looking to jam on an innovative new platform.

For the guitar enthusiasts and iPhone lovers among us, you may want to take notice of a product being rolled out by a Japanese company called Trinity. The Fingerist, as it's known, is a veritable guitar shell customized for the iPhone or iPod touch. With a cut-out slot designed to accommodate your iDevice. Once set up, simply fire up your favorite musical iPhone app, and jam your little heart out through the speaker housed in a "faux wood grain body" supported by a guitar strap.

In the event that you actually want to rock out live on stage (because, you know, iPhone concerts are all the rage) the iPhone accessory can be connected to a live amp. The built-in speaker (which runs on 3 AA batteries) lets you perform on stage for up to six consecutive hours. Of course, if you're not a real musician and only plan to play behind closed doors, the Fingerist can still be used as an external audio speaker to crank up the tunes on your iPod touch.

So how much will the Fingerist run you? About $150.

Image via Evenno

fail, imho.

I actually play guitar.

Twitter: @tshoults

Lol. I play guitar, not a touch screen one It's like the piano for iPad, it's okay but I like my real one better.

^yep. I hate it when people think they're so cool because they can play guitar hero on hard. I can play the same songs on a real guitar. "beat that sucka!"

Twitter: @tshoults

So they can make crap like this but can't fixed my iphone 4 reception....I'm so highly dissapointed in Apple, but other than that the 4 is awesome! Especially the retina display 

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigdrdok View Post
    So they can make crap like this but can't fixed my iphone 4 reception....I'm so highly dissapointed in Apple, but other than that the 4 is awesome! Especially the retina display 
    You realize that this has nothing to do with Apple whatsoever? It is an independent company that made a $150 case for an iPhone. Even if Apple made this, it in no way would be even comparable to fixing reception issues.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Speaking as a guitarist, this is embarassing
    Speaking as a iPod fan, this is embarassing
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Is anyone seriously in their right mind gonna buy this to play guitar? I mean if you want a guitar then just go out and buy one, this is a complete waste of money.

This is just retarded. The whole point of pocket guitar is to be a miniature guitar you can have in your pocket. Nothing more than a toy. If you're gonna carry that thing why not carry a real guitar.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

We already have this product! What is the point of making one when we already have one?! It's not like it is going to help us become guitarists!

Speaking of this, I used to play guitar.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

SMH That's sad REAL is BETTER

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Speaking as a guitarist, this is embarassing
    Speaking as a iPod fan, this is embarassing
    nuff said

Brings the wii guitar hero to mind...except dumber.