+ Reply
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit Exploit Ported for iOS 4 and iPhone 4 : Coming Soon!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
There was an update to tinyumbrella for those that were having 'device detection issues'. This worked for myself. TinyUmbrella 4.00.24 now supports iPhone 4 and iOS4 | Daily iPhone Blog
    Thanks

There was an update to tinyumbrella for those that were having 'device detection issues'. This worked for myself.

TinyUmbrella 4.00.24 now supports iPhone 4 and iOS4 | Daily iPhone Blog

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nomad707 For This Useful Post:

aimetti (06-27-2010), barsoverbeats (06-27-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomad707 View Post
    There was an update to tinyumbrella for those that were having 'device detection issues'. This worked for myself.

much appreciated , worked in seconds

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@jamriman:
    Backgrounder is still very useful even on iOS4. Since ProSwitcher hasn't been updated, the native multitasking allows you to switch between apps that have been backgrounded. So you get the best of both worlds.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wonderfull. Waiting for this and the unlock.
    Thanks guys! you rock!

Thanks

oh thank you... what took so long... lol!

you guys are friggin amazing... but in all seriousness i expected this news on the 24th. love ya!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aimetti View Post
    id think they would be better off waiting for the update until releasing anything
    So do I. But the update really depends on whether or not you are experiencing the signal issue. Originally I had experienced the signal issue and then I purchased a case for my Jesus Phone 4 and the signal issue has seemingly disappeared ( although I still plan on going thru with the update regardless). Also, if you were to jailbreak your new phone now and then applied the new update it would remove your jailbreak leaving you to have to re-jailbreak your device again... But thats only if you plan on updating and if the jailbreak application was currently available.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by and1gator View Post
    @jamriman:
    Backgrounder is still very useful even on iOS4. Since ProSwitcher hasn't been updated, the native multitasking allows you to switch between apps that have been backgrounded. So you get the best of both worlds.....
    They just need to make it so Backgrounder controls the backgrounding. I absolutely hate that iOS 4 is putting every single app I open in background mode which if I open most they are not even running in the background and the app just restarts.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FURBY8704's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sekazi View Post
    They just need to make it so Backgrounder controls the backgrounding. I absolutely hate that iOS 4 is putting every single app I open in background mode which if I open most they are not even running in the background and the app just restarts.
    theres a tweak in big boss repo that takes care of your problem if you habe a jb idevice

iPHONE 3G FW 4.0 JB & iPHONE 4 4.0 READY TO BE JB=]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FURBY8704 View Post
    theres a tweak in big boss repo that takes care of your problem if you habe a jb idevice
    I have to wait. My iPod touch 3G will need a tethered JB so I will wait for Spirit. I rather not have to use my computer if I had to restart the iPod.

Thanks

All this awesome reminders of the great jailbroken apps and tweaks I am missing out on is making me freak out!

I need to freeze myself and melt out of my below freezing slumber once the full Jailbreak Software is officially released.

Thanks

Nice! Must get an iPhone 4!

That lock icon with the curved arrow...is that the Time Machine icon?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad707 View Post

what exactly does this do?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

So apparently an Apple employee calling himself Alpha, decided to share with the world some of the things that Apple is doing with the new iPhone 4. We’re not talking about new features for the user, but new roadblocks for jailbreakers and unlockers.

Here’s the quote itself:

As far as Base Bands go it does not matter what baseband you TRY to get on the iPhone cause in the iOS4 there is a line of code we wrote that stands for OAU also known as “Over Air Updates”. How it works is every 7 to 14 days We (Apple) and AT&T send a message to your iPhone that gathers some data from your iPhone without you knowing and we see what is running, baseband and firmware. We then send a following message. “There are optional updates for your iPhone, Would you like to install them now?” two options “Yes” or “Later”. Those are what would would call “OPTIONAL UPDATES” Now there are things called “MANDATORY UPDATES”. They tend to work the same way, grab data from the iPhones sends it to AT&T and us then back to your iPhone with the message, “Your iPhone (name of iphone) must be updated to the current AT&T standards to run”, your only option is to “Accept” Now you can try to work your way around it until you get the second mandatory message again “You must plug iPhone into iTunes and update” If you don’t do this you will then receive no Signal from the network anymore and your iPhone will potentially lock up with no signs of use until you update your iPhone via iTunes. You all agreed to this terms and condition when you installed iTunes 9.2 and then again once you updated to iOS4.

With that being said go ahead try to unlock the iPhone it will only last 14 days max then you will have to break that update for that one week then again and again we currently have 6 months worth of updates for this iOS4. Apple and AT&T now have complete control over their iPhones and what their customers are putting on them without them knowing anything about it. Many of the people I work with don’t agree with this but even in our computers when people call in to Apple Care Support we can see if your iPhone is running a jailbreak and what baseband is currently on the iPhone. We have been instructed to not support any one with these things and possible void your warranty of the iPhone for Breaking a contract Rule.

So basically, he is saying that iOS 4 automatically pings Apple every 7 to 14 days with the baseband and firmware information and if it isn’t up to par it will essentially lock up the phone forcing you to update with iTunes (and lose your jailbreak). Now, I know for a fact that we have a perfectly good jailbreaking solution for the iPhone 3G running iOS 4 and it doesn’t relock so I’m wondering if this anti-jailbreaking solution is already circumvented, or if it just only applies to new iPhone 4′s?

Anyone know anything else about this? Does the Dev Team know about this?

Source via SFGate

So apparently an Apple employee calling himself Alpha, decided to share with the world some of the things that Apple is doing with the new iPhone 4. We’re not talking about new features for the user, but new roadblocks for jailbreakers and unlockers.

Here’s the quote itself:

As far as Base Bands go it does not matter what baseband you TRY to get on the iPhone cause in the iOS4 there is a line of code we wrote that stands for OAU also known as “Over Air Updates”. How it works is every 7 to 14 days We (Apple) and AT&T send a message to your iPhone that gathers some data from your iPhone without you knowing and we see what is running, baseband and firmware. We then send a following message. “There are optional updates for your iPhone, Would you like to install them now?” two options “Yes” or “Later”. Those are what would would call “OPTIONAL UPDATES” Now there are things called “MANDATORY UPDATES”. They tend to work the same way, grab data from the iPhones sends it to AT&T and us then back to your iPhone with the message, “Your iPhone (name of iphone) must be updated to the current AT&T standards to run”, your only option is to “Accept” Now you can try to work your way around it until you get the second mandatory message again “You must plug iPhone into iTunes and update” If you don’t do this you will then receive no Signal from the network anymore and your iPhone will potentially lock up with no signs of use until you update your iPhone via iTunes. You all agreed to this terms and condition when you installed iTunes 9.2 and then again once you updated to iOS4.

With that being said go ahead try to unlock the iPhone it will only last 14 days max then you will have to break that update for that one week then again and again we currently have 6 months worth of updates for this iOS4. Apple and AT&T now have complete control over their iPhones and what their customers are putting on them without them knowing anything about it. Many of the people I work with don’t agree with this but even in our computers when people call in to Apple Care Support we can see if your iPhone is running a jailbreak and what baseband is currently on the iPhone. We have been instructed to not support any one with these things and possible void your warranty of the iPhone for Breaking a contract Rule.

So basically, he is saying that iOS 4 automatically pings Apple every 7 to 14 days with the baseband and firmware information and if it isn’t up to par it will essentially lock up the phone forcing you to update with iTunes (and lose your jailbreak). Now, I know for a fact that we have a perfectly good jailbreaking solution for the iPhone 3G running iOS 4 and it doesn’t relock so I’m wondering if this anti-jailbreaking solution is already circumvented, or if it just only applies to new iPhone 4′s?

Anyone know anything else about this? Does the Dev Team know about this?

Source via SFGate

Thanks

Amazingly fast work. Kinda sucks that I still have to restore my iphone to update to iOS4 because of the last spirit jb though...
    Quick question. Is there any advantage to a userland jb over whatever the other type of jb there is(the type of jb something like blackra1n does)?

@monchy36
    Wouldn't it be kind of illegal for apple to collect data from us without us agreeing to it? Once we buy the iphone it's ours so technically they can't just go do whatever they want with our iphone.
    Last edited by robertr1; 06-27-2010 at 03:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeiPod View Post
    Nice! Must get an iPhone 4!

That lock icon with the curved arrow...is that the Time Machine icon?
    it locks the phone so it wont go into landscape mode

iPhone? More like MyPhone badass1469's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sendertimes View Post
    that is so cool, I am still waiting for good news, I need my ,MYWI working , I miss being on the internet with my laptop at work

Just as an off topic, I saw this on youtube, where someone with an Iphone 4 undrwater test, that dude is crazy, I would nver do that to my precious Iphone 4
    YouTube - iPhone 4 underwater test
    you know how people dont remove their watches/jewlery in the shower, well now u dont need to remove ur iPhone before u go in the shower lol
    damn drug dealers, and there jailbroken iPhones... ____ Hit the thanks if you think i suck

18. The Following User Says Thank You to badass1469 For This Useful Post:

sendertimes (06-28-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So WTF! I tried to run tiny umbrella and I keep getting "do you have Internet connectivity" in the log... I'd like to get this to work on my Mac, using the 4.00.24 version of umbrella... What am I doing wrong?

Edit...it worked the 5th time...
    Last edited by Turb02; 06-27-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

If anyone could answer this it would be great. Will I still need to restore my iphone so I can update to iOS4 or will I just need to update spirit so it's compatible? I mean will updating spirit(if that's even what you have to do) allow me to use my previously jb iphone with spirit on 9.2 or will I have to restore, update then rejailbreak.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

So is what the guy said about apple and at&t's watch over jailbreaks and over the air updates true? Will this stifle our future jb?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    So is what the guy said about apple and at&t's watch over jailbreaks and over the air updates true? Will this stifle our future jb?
    Not true, just fake internet rumours. Dev team have already debunked this.