Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Coming to T-Mobile in UK

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish AT&T wasn't so jealous and stupid and would let Apple sell the iPhone on other networks. Isn't the US where Apple sells the bulk of their iPhones anyway? And I also wish that Verizon hadn't picked a hardware configuration that NO ONE else in the world uses lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

When is it coming to the US!?!?!?!?!?!

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

It'd be cool to have T Mobile pick up the iPhone in the US, but I'd still stick with AT&T. Where I live reception is great. T Mobile however, really sucks around here. Getting a signal is practically impossible most of the time lol. It'd force a price war between the two companies though...and that's a win/win for all of us lucky customers
    Bcon

Thanks

Well, the Devs could just focus on jailbreak ONLY if tmobile gets the iphone becuase the unlock is only needed in the USA to use on tmobile. Then again if the future iOS gets better we won't need a jailbreak either. Food for thought.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

holly crap... I got so excited for a split of a second as I was reading the title of the post "iphone on tmobile....... in UK" LOL

sucks, I hope tmobile gets it one day here in the states

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    LTE will bring all the cell providers to a more universal standing for phone makers.
    Actually no, not really. Verizon will use LTE and phase out EVDO on the data side. CDMA is still going to be used for voice on Verizon up until 2020 or later.

Verizon Wireless to accelerate LTE, keep CDMA and lower data prices Boy Genius Report

I do think T-Mobile USA makes the most sense for the next iPhone carrier in the US (technologically speaking). Problem is T-Mobile USA has not yet decided on a 4G option, Verizon and AT&T are going with LTE data and Sprint has WiMax for data. Still Verizon and Sprint will remain on CDMA for voice and AT&T is on GSM of course.

Also interesting to note that T-Mobile USA is currently testing their 3G network with faster data transmission speeds which from reports are rivaling the speeds on Sprint WiMax 4G (actually 3.5G). Should be interesting.
    Last edited by southfrisco; 06-26-2010 at 01:01 AM.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

i feel like even though t-mobile's 3g frequency is different than at&t's in the states, that doesn't mean apple would have to make a new/different device. doesn't it make more sense that t-mobile would adapt and simply adjust their 3g network to make it work? (i use the word simply loosely as i don't have a damn clue how involved this would be for t-mobile) but i figure if 3g works in the uk on the same carrier, how hard can it be?

i don't even care about the 3g, i just want to be able to get an iphone on my carrier for a cheap price, and never have to worry about unlocks again

It would make more sense for a new device to accompany a network than for a network to accompany a device. Think about it.

TMO Germany has it, TMO UK has it, it only makes sense. USA needs to work a deal out and spread the love. They obviously has a good relationship. TMO is a "youthful" and friendly company, much like Apple. I see possibilities, but not until next year IF at all. Main thing to be looking out for is how TMO will handle REAL 4G.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm in t-mobile uk with the new iPhone 4 purchased directly from Apple Sim-free works great ;p i don't want simlocked phone :/

I guess no one reads the members news section. I can't remember when I registered with T-Mobile but I posted Pre-order on T-Mobile soon! 3 days ago when I heard back from them.

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    3G frequnecy

T-Mobile USA uses 1700/2100 MHz

T-Mobile UK uses 1800 MHz

Source: T-Mobile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    1800 is the GSM frequency. In europe all operators use either 900 or 1800 for GSM so all phones are at least dual band - to visit the USA phones need to be either tri-band (adding 1900) or quad band (adding 850 as well) as the USA do not comply with standards used in the rest of the world. 400 and 450 are legacy frequencies.

* Band I (W-CDMA 2100) in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia (all carriers' metropolitan networks), New Zealand (ITU Region 1) and Brazil (part of ITU Region 2)
    * Band II (W-CDMA 1900) in North America and South America (ITU Region 2)
    * Band IV (W-CDMA 1700 or Advanced Wireless Services) in the United States (T-Mobile USA) and Canada (WIND Mobile, Mobilicity)
    * Band V (W-CDMA 850) in Australia (Telstra NextG Network), New Zealand (XT Mobile Network), Brazil, Canada, the USA, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Venezuela, other parts of South America, Israel[2], parts of Asia (ITU Region 2 and ITU Region 3), Poland
    * Band VIII (W-CDMA 900) in Europe, Asia, Australia (Optus and Vodafone regional/country 3G networks), New Zealand (ITU Region 1 and ITU Region 3), and Venezuela (Corporación Digitel, C.A.)

I do not know which European networks use Band VIII - aqs far as I know they all use Band 1

Band III is 1800, but again, as far as I know, no one uses it.

The iPhone supports Bands I and II but not band IV which is what T-Mobile use.

Outside of the USA the vast majority of 3G networks are on Band I which is why I have been using my 3G on T-Mobile in the UK since I got it and have been enjoying good 3G speeds.

Just because T-Mobile in the UK is getting it is no indication that T-Mobile in the USA will get it, in fact, I believe that to be highly unlikely.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

T-Mobile UK is a totally different company than T-Mobile USA. Each operate totally separate. It makes sense for them to get the iPhone 4 because O2, Vodafone, Orange, and Carphone Warehouse all already have the iPhone 4. Also what's cool is all these companies will factory unlock them after your contract is up

that means it would be factory unlocked for us tmobile users in the us. still could get one and use it on the states.

I thought you guys said nothing would happen until at least 2012 since either Apple renewed it's contract with AT&T or that the contract was for 5 years from the beginning? If there was going to be a new carrier in the next year, don't you think it would have been accounced at the keynote? That will be just my luck, I just ported over to AT&T yesterday, I'll go past my 30 days and then get stuck with a 325 fee for leaving (of course I could always use the RECEPTION problem as a reason to void my contract hehe.

Are you thinking of moving to the UK then?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

competition for AT&T is good for customers

There is no competition for AT&T
    This news story is about the iPhone coming to T-Mobile in the UK - absolutely nothing to do with AT&T.

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Nor it has nothing to do with t-mobile US either.

How come t-mobile data can't work with ios 4

T-Mobile UK data works fine.

Thanks

T-Mobile data would be a disgrace to run on the iPhone it would be like having a Benz and not being able to afford it..!!! TMO is horrible and their reception sux
    Dont be that guy..!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast