+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone4 Has New Baseband OS, ultrasn0w Will Need Rewrite

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Can't wait
    Thanks

Can't wait

Latest Project: iEvo HD4 TrueHD iPhone4 theme. ~~~ Click Donate to support my theme's!

Green Apple
    Thanks

am i the only one hitting reload for modmyi and google for 'unlock iphone 4' every few hours?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great update. I was one of the retards to go an buy the thing thinking there would be an unlock super soon. Oh well, I have an nice expensive iPod for the time being.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manny0825 View Post
    Great update. I was one of the retards to go an buy the thing thinking there would be an unlock super soon. Oh well, I have an nice expensive iPod for the time being.
    Stupid is as stupid does.....Damn it we told u people this Iphone 4 POS wasnt worth jumping off the bridge and committing suicide over. You were warned that that hardware and/or software "could" change within the release. But look how many people failed to understand. So many people were blinded by that "pretty" phone. Now they have to sit back and deal with more problems than we have ever had to deal with in any previous release. Apple NEVER gets it right the 1st time, and even the 2nd time is still half assed.

Dont worry, i have faith people will learn sooner or later. Just too bad it wasnt sooner.

And yes 3GS works flawless on iOS4 jailbroken and unlocked. Except for they fact that Apple forgot to add the Picture support in text, LMAO. Go figure

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by domthebigbomb View Post
    agreed... i really want a jailbreak
    I agree wholeheartedly. I love this iPhone 4 but i really miss my SBSettings, LockInfo, BiteSMS, and other viital Cydia apps I can't live without. I feel like my iPhone is naked without all these essentials.

I hope the dev team makes a breakthrough soon. I can't wait to see what custom fonts and themes look like on this beautiful display!!! GO DEV TEAM!! GO! We salute all your efforts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Did you miss the iPhone 4 part? He is talking about the brand spanking new iphone that just came out.
    Yea, I did.

I was just reading another post about a pesron claiming that the 3GS could not be unlocked yet..... my iPhone 4 is still sitting in the box waiting for the JB.

Late night.

Thanks

I miss jailbreak on iPhone 4. I guess it doesn't matter since most of the apps still need updates for ios4. I can probably wait for the jailbreak, take your time, make it right!

Thanks

Just got to learn not to jump on the first boat, when there are more going in the same direction. And yes 3GS is jailbroken and unlocked on iOS4. Atleast for those of us that were smart enough to keep our older basebands, LoL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Stupid is as stupid does.....Damn it we told u people this Iphone 4 POS wasnt worth jumping off the bridge and committing suicide over. You were warned that that hardware and/or software "could" change within the release. But look how many people failed to understand. So many people were blinded by that "pretty" phone. Now they have to sit back and deal with more problems than we have ever had to deal with in any previous release. Apple NEVER gets it right the 1st time, and even the 2nd time is still half assed.

Dont worry, i have faith people will learn sooner or later. Just too bad it wasnt sooner.

And yes 3GS works flawless on iOS4 jailbroken and unlocked. Except for they fact that Apple forgot to add the Picture support in text, LMAO. Go figure
    Really, dood?

Why don't you get over yourself. These are just people looking forward to an early release. I, for one, am enjoying every minute with my new iPhone, jailbroken or not.

Settle down.

And if you're keeping score ("i have faith people will learn sooner or later"), I have little faith that one day these forums will shake off trolls such as yourself.
    Last edited by severe; 06-26-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    Really, dood?

Why don't you get over yourself. These are just people looking forward to an early release. I, for one, am enjoying every minute with my new iPhone, jailbroken or not.

Settle down.

And if you're keeping score ("i have faith people will learn sooner or later"), I have little faith that one day these forums will shake off trolls such as yourself.
    Ahh come on man, do u see all these posts about Iphone 4 problems that I see. For sure i cant be the only person who thinks this is one of Apples "Bad Eggs" that got hatched when it shouldnt have. Apple should have done more research before the release....Also, did u notice that Steve Jobs showed the world the rubber case that was made for the Iphone 4. Do u think he knew there was a reception issue with the design and that maybe Apple should perhaps "make a little" money off of their own flaw.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

So maybe I can ditch an unlockable iPhone (I have 2 spares now) for better money before the unlock for the 4 comes out(if it ever does).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post
    Ahh come on man, do u see all these posts about Iphone 4 problems that I see. For sure i cant be the only person who thinks this is one of Apples "Bad Eggs" that got hatched when it shouldnt have. Apple should have done more research before the release....Also, did u notice that Steve Jobs showed the world the rubber case that was made for the Iphone 4. Do u think he knew there was a reception issue with the design and that maybe Apple should perhaps "make a little" money off of their own flaw.
    Ok.. we're gonna be civil?

Yes, I do see the complaints. These things happen. These things are expected to happen. These things, unfortunately, come with being a leader in development in any given field.

Surely you're aware that those who post complaints/issues on forums, etc, are few compared to those that do not have issues. It's how it works. How many run to their computer to tell the world things are grand with their new devices? BTW, have you read some of the complaints pouring in that have clearly been user error or some other nonissue?

"Bad Eggs", rubber cases, cover-ups, deception? "Ahh come on man". Exactly. I think your being overly cynical.

These things are gonna work themselves out, as the've done in the past and will in the future. Don't become a bitter old man. Don't view from the sidelines. Join the party. Resistance is futile. Blame Canada.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by severe View Post
    Ok.. we're gonna be civil?

Yes, I do see the complaints. These things happen. These things are expected to happen. These things, unfortunately, come with being a leader in development in any given field.

Surely you're aware that those who post complaints/issues on forums, etc, are few compared to those that do not have issues. It's how it works. How many run to their computer to tell the world things are grand with their new devices? BTW, have you read some of the complaints pouring in that have clearly been user error or some other nonissue?

"Bad Eggs", rubber cases, cover-ups, deception? "Ahh come on man". Exactly. I think your being overly cynical.

These things are gonna work themselves out, as the've done in the past and will in the future. Don't become a bitter old man. Don't view from the sidelines. Join the party. Resistance is futile. Blame Canada.
    LMAO, thats the problem. I did blaim Canada. Then Obama got the keys to the oval office. So thats when i stopped blaming Canada. Its all his fault he let Apple release such a sorry POS phone that is more useless than my Motorola Bag Phone, LMAO....No i dont expect to kids to know what a bag phone was, hehe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by relkorama View Post
    I am curious...since Apple will be releasing "Factory Unlocked for Life" iPhone in various countries...can't someone just copy the programming from that iPhone and then re-install it on another one to make that one "Factory Unlocked"?

Or, is unlocking a phone not as simple as copying a software program?
    Nice thinking... Perhaps some iphone dev guy could point us to a link or explain us what actually is involved is finding the exploit so that other developers can put a hand or at least know what going on?

Thanks

No, that won't work. Certain areas of the phone's "memory" (I use the word "memory" VERY cautiously; I can't think of a better yet simple term) cannot be written to unless it is getting upgraded, like the baseband. Others cannot be written to at all, like the bootrom (why we can't "downgrade" to be untethered).

Who knows why Pwnage can't "fake" an old baseband's version to appear "newer?" Not me. Which is why guys like comex and MuscleNerd are on the dev-team and I am not. Feel free to donate to them, even if they don't have "the jailbreak for you" yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cydia and the Rockapp gave me updates, which when installed threw my phone into perma-recovery mode for two full days. I had to do a restore, which made me update my firmware. I re jailbroke it but I can't unlock it - which means I'm stuck in Australia and on a contract with no phone. :-( Some of us really do need the unlock. Thanks Devo team for working so hard!

Thanks

If you could not ressurrect dinosaur threads that are not support centers with your complainy problems that'd be awesome.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi I have the jailbreak on iPhone4 4.1 , but please I do need the unlock as I'm locked into an expensive mobile, may god bless the guys that bring out the unlock for the new baseband, thanks guys Paul .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please help me as I upgraded my baseband by mistake, I'm lost with out the unlock,I'm using iPhone4 4.1. I have great faith in ye , Paul . Keep up the great work, thanks again Paul

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456