Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Proximity Sensor Malfunctions Reported

I agree with the sensor problem, speaker turns on but it doesnt bother me yet. Im sure apple will be patching that soon. Now does any one experiencing that iphone gets a little warmer than 3gs? Im using iphone 4 32gb. I think mine feels a little warmer than usual whether on the phone or surfing. I mean its not like im getting 2 degree burns here i dont thing there is any worries all thoug i wouldnt mind having an iphone 4 blow up in my face and maybe causing mild to moderate injury, then i would be almost as rich as great Mr Steve Jobs

happened to me once or twice so far but not much. and i've been using it alot.

So check this out guys. So yesterday i called apple and complained that my proximity sensor wasnt working. When i put the phone to my ear it darkened like normal but when i pulled it away it didnt light back up. Well i just got a replacement in the mail today already. Worked perfect, i synced and restored from my back up and guess what? It did it again!! Its not the phone, its software issue. I hit reset all settings and took care of it thank god!! Other than that, no other issues, no yellow color etc..Im sure they will take care of this with an update soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

Only have the steel band death grip problem until an agent 18 clear case is out.

Hey BoostedEvoIX this may sound weird but dude can you post pics of your car.

That is my next car in a year!

Quote Originally Posted by zmanforever View Post
    KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

Only have the steel band death grip problem until an agent 18 clear case is out.

Hey BoostedEvoIX this may sound weird but dude can you post pics of your car.

That is my next car in a year!
    Sure, heres a few

Sorry for the off topic guys

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BoostedEvoIX For This Useful Post:

zmanforever (06-25-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    Sure, heres a few

Sorry for the off topic guys

That vehicle is sex.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zmanforever For This Useful Post:

stocis (06-26-2010)

Yea same here key tones while in a call

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sungod661 View Post
    Am i the only one that noticed that the moron in the picture is wearing a freakin BURGER HAT? sheesh couldnt we find another pic
    Quote Originally Posted by Punker1625 View Post
    Its a cheeseburger in paradise. I got one from margaritaville.(its a jimmy buffet song)
    No, sungod was right; moron applies

Quote Originally Posted by AlexCrammer View Post
    What's a proximity sensor?
    It is the sensor at the top near your earpiece that senses when the phone is near your head. When it is near a solid object then it turns the touch screen off so no buttons are pressed while using the phone near your ear.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad I stuck to my good old 3g. iPhone 4 seems to have a lot more bugs than I was expecting. I'm just gonna wait till christmas.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine doesnt seem to have the reception issue everyone is talking about and my screen is perfectly fine.

My proximety sensor works, but is to sensative if I barely reposition my phone the screen comes on and usually ends with me muting someone. hopefully the reset settings and network settings fixes this. it seems more of like a calibration issue than a hardware thing.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

All these issues mean that no jb will be out until apple comes out with ios 4.0.1 and right after with 4.1 and then maybe a jb. Thats pretty crapy news

Mine is doing that too on every call almost SO i have a question does any one know how to lock the screen while on a phone call so till that gets fixed we all can lock screens maybe so atleast it wont be hitting random buttons like factime mute hold speaker or what not and worst one END CALL so how do we lock the screen while on the phone call

Yea I would bet on Apple dropping a minor patch here soon.

I had the same problem all day long I reset all settings and it seems to work. I tried a test call moving around for about 5 min with no problems. I will report here tomorrow after using the phone all day.

Happened to me several times. Kept hitting speaker and accidently dialed people from my contact list... Just did hard reset as well as reset all settings.. hopefully it goes away...

I'm having the same issue. I don't even make many calls and my ear likes to hit random numbers and the occasional speaker button. I didn't know what was going on for awhile.

I'm gonna try the reset all settings and see if that works.

Oh, BTW, it DOES happen to phones that are setup as NEW phones and NOT restored from a backup. Like mine.

worst Photoshop ever lolz

Thanks

As far as the battery, I have been using the phone all day and not needing a charge until the day is over. I have experienced the button pressing, hold/mute when the phone is up to my face. Once again though - new engineering = new problems.....I think it'll be fixed (possibly lots of returns though).

Thanks

Thankgod i'm waiting on the white model , hopefully they will fix all the issues before I pick up my white iPhone otherwise I will have to drive 25 miles back and forth to the apple store ,very inconvenient especially for people who already waited hours on launch day

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast