Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Defends iPhone 4 Reception with General Swipe at All Mobile Phones

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

I was having this issue when I first got my iphone on thursday. It was clearly obvious that the signal was going down due to the way I was holding the phone. Although the signal decreased, I didnt notice a loss in data speed via 3g while in safari or the app store. I went and purchased one of the clear Belkin grip vue case from best buy yesterday and since then I havent noticed the signal issue anymore, so maybe jobs was correct about the cases helping the signal issue (Possible conspiracy between apples antenna design and case makers for the iphone?)...
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just read that a 4.01 update might fix the antenna problem. So first it's something all phones do now it's something they can fix with a software update. Which is it apple?
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

I was in line for the very first iphone, had to take it back 3 times due to it shutting down with out me knowing, went the 3 phone then canceled my contract due to a bad produce. I really thought there would be a class action suite.

I am "i" addict just the same... as the 3g came to market, I upgraded tot he i4 and got my pre-order in between crashes and got the i4 a day early... tweaked it out and found the "flaw"

Called apple to ask for a fix and to supply me with a non static case or "bumper" free of charge, due the this oblivious design flaw... got the quick no, and then the slow no when I asked to submit it to management. I WAS TOLD Apple will release a statement this-afternoon.... errr .. never belittle the customer, not even and "apple" customer... I gave my own release statement back to the office with their first return....

I will buy the i4 "a" when it is released....

PS: I guess they field tested it on apple campus where their own tower stood.... How could an team of engineers not conciser static transfer from your skin to zap the signal like it did..

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Sigh, the only blemish on the face of Apple. It's own arrogance. Not ignorance, but ARROGANCE lol. Cause they know better lol.
    Last edited by TheGrandFinale2001; 06-26-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pldtboy View Post
    Steve Job is holding it wrong when he did the presentation at WWDC. So even him he doesn't know that there's a flaw in the antennae reception.
    On his presentation he never made a phone call using his cellphone signal, he demostrated just the FaceTime call wich use wifi.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    I just read that a 4.01 update might fix the antenna problem. So first it's something all phones do now it's something they can fix with a software update. Which is it apple?
    The same way they "fixed" the 3G when it had low signal so they released a software update that makes the bars read higher and that "fixed" the antenna reception so you could drop a call with 3 bars.........
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    They did this on purpose so you'd buy one of their bumper cases to fix it. Typical apple, lying to their customers again.
    Agreed. When they came out with that bumper that pretty much said everything

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wonder if you could wrap some scotch tape around it, particularly that area. It might look nicer than a bumper and still get the job done. Plus you don't have to give apple more money.
    Phil Nolan
    Modeler / Animator
    High 5 Productions

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want a free bumper. I hate cases. I want a free iPhone 5 next year, with redesigned antenna.

Default Proof of signal loss
    Hi eg6motion:

Here is proof of the signal loss while holding the phone on the left hand and the one with signal is holding the phone above the brakes in the fram leaving the left lower corner clear.

Today I went to the apple store and could not reproduce the signal loss. I think that they have a signal booster. Just minutes prior, I had tested it in the parking lot and kept doing it. Well, I was told the same about the software, but also got 99% discount for the bumpers that I will get when they become available again. Oh yes, I got it in writing by the store manager ;-)

Lalp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -signal.png   -no-signal.png  
    lalp
    Iphone 4G fan!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678