+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Defends iPhone 4 Reception with General Swipe at All Mobile Phones

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by StealthBravo ^ I hope you are kidding What'd you say to the apple rep lol? I can barley call on my phone, it drops the call cuz
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ I hope you are kidding
    What'd you say to the apple rep lol? I can barley call on my phone, it drops the call cuz I am holding it, any way I hold it my bars drastically drop. I gotta set it on the table with speaker on lol sucks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just got off the phone with Apple Support.

I was directed to a manager who told me to "hold the phone the right way" and that claims of people being sent free bumpers are probably not true because "anyone can say anything on forums".

He gave me a ticket number and said I would have to wait until next friday for a response regarding my request for bumpers.

This is really ridiculous.

Thanks

There is definitely going to be a lawsuit filed. I wonder when we are going to start seeing reports about this on the local news channels?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This getting way out of hand. They should have included the bumpers in the box if they knew this is going to be an issue.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

good thing mine works fine without bumpers. Have yet to see a video that loses complete service from this as well. Seems like a bunch of BS IMO
    Really?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Currently on the phone with Apple again.

The rep is telling me that they don't have access to sending out free bumpers and that I would have to go to a retail store. I'm explaining how there are multiple reports of this being fixed via phone and email to their support, and she's saying they're all false.

I'm being directed to another supervisor again.

Will update after speaking.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

On the phone with Apple right now... better give me bumpers or something, they probably knew about this and saw a way to make more $$ with bumpers, this is f**kin dumb, a phone that can't call on a normal basis... might aswell buy me an ipod touch...

My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes I called twice they won't send out free bumpers right now they keep telling me there technicians are looking into the problem and support will be posted on apple dot com.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    good thing mine works fine without bumpers. Have yet to see a video that loses complete service from this as well. Seems like a bunch of BS IMO
    Dude the vids are all over youtube, gizmodo.com, engadget.com, modmyi, etc...are you blind?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dayvidpriddy For This Useful Post:

dale1v (06-25-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

Or retarded.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Talked to the highest supervisor, he said they did give out free cases but wont anymore, he was being a b**ch... says to hold the phone correctly and that this is not Apple's problem that I can't hold the phone right.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swehbe View Post
    well my iPhone doesnt have this issue, tried many times (maybe am standing too close to a tower). On the other hand though, my home button has a white dot on the edge from the inside! do you think i can have it replaced for that ??
    I would insist on it if it bothers you. That is clearly a defect.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    Yes I called twice they won't send out free bumpers right now they keep telling me there technicians are looking into the problem and support will be posted on apple dot com.
    I was told "the bumper doesn't fix the problem" which is probably ********.

What I should do, tonight, is go to the apple store and try a bumper and see if it resolves the issue.
    Last edited by santiagodraco; 06-25-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just to cheer you all up

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QzmtZQMqso&annotation_id=annotation_32701&feature=iv]YouTube - LEAKED iPhone 4 ad w/ Jane Lynch and Kassem G[/ame]

Enjoy

P.S 1:31 will make ur day!
    Last edited by sandyt87; 06-25-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The rep told me anything I read regarding Apple on site's other than Apple.com are not true.

She said the email from Steve Jobs isn't true, and that the official statement wasn't true.

Gee, I never would have guessed that an Apple Support rep would say these things.

She said Apple is NOT sending out free bumpers and that the issue is being worked on.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I Got one for Free Call Apple Tech Support and Make a Case About Losing Signal and you have a iPhone 3Gs also and has a Full Signal. Also say you have a lot of Drop Calls. They will give you a Case Number. Call back after a Half hour to Tech Support and give them your Case Id and then Talk to a Supervisor. The only Color is Black. Aso Mention you have also seen it online at the Wall Street Journal and Yahoo News that the Bumpers Case Fixes the Problem.
    Last edited by jlr2880; 06-25-2010 at 04:23 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sandyt87 View Post
    FAIL! That actually got my angrier.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Talked to the highest supervisor, he said they did give out free cases but wont anymore, he was being a b**ch... says to hold the phone correctly and that this is not Apple's problem that I can't hold the phone right.
    that blows...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    I think this is over hyped.. the only reason we are hearing about this is bc you can touch part of the antenna. If it was internalized like the other iPhones we wouldn't be hearing about this at all.
    Huh? So it's meaningless that I have an iPhone 3gs sitting next to me, and my iPhone 4, and I can easily cause the 4 to go to 1 bar and sometimes no service by holding it and cannot, no matter how I hold it, cause the 3gs to change more than 1 bub?

Yeah, it's all in our heads.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No sir I think your sense of humour had a failure. Might be the cause of apple's new iPhone features.

Jks mate I hate the way apple is treating this and its loyal customers. I truly feel for you guys those bastards knew about the fault and then tried to make a profit off of it. If they get away with this one my next phone will not be made by apple I can assure you that.

What use is a phone when its not a phone?? Keep your retina display I want to talk to people.

Sandy
    Last edited by sandyt87; 06-25-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    My verizon phone does this. Apple people are straight crazy. They are like spoiled little children.
    If I hold my iPhone 4 in the above manner, I lose 1-2 bars. If I hold my BlackBerry Storm in the above manner, I lose 2 bars.
    YouTube - BlackBerry Storm with iPhone 4 reception issue
    Interesting. You should watch that video more closely. You'll notice how hard the person is straining while "causing" the reception problem. He is pressing with all his might on the phone, just look at his fingers AND how he jerks when he releases the phone. It's also an indication that this person was ******* around with the bottom of the phone as well during that "demonstration".

Also observe how he "resolves" the issue by lightly holding the phone.

So I wonder which Apple employee made that video anyway. I'm going to see if I can find another phone where attempting to crush the phone with my hand will cause the reception to drop....