+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dusk - Theme Of the Week : June 24th, 2010

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Anyone have this working on os4?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone have this working on os4?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Alot of themes dont work as intended on iOS 4 - primarily web based home pages dont work at all atm (afaik)... so weather / clock widgets etc wont work
    do'h

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

tschuman13 (06-25-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Worth it
    Hmm. Is it worth trying to instal on os4 or should I just wait until some of the kinks are worked out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm new to the website and I really want this thread on my phone! How do I do this??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Noob here and need help.Got all the way to the part where u have to open configure me with ifile. Not sure how to do it, do I need to download it to the iphone or my desktop. If to the desktop how do I get it over to the phone? And everywhere I looked there is a fee for configure me, is that normal.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,973 Times in 1,579 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superpro2676 View Post
    Noob here and need help.Got all the way to the part where u have to open configure me with ifile. Not sure how to do it, do I need to download it to the iphone or my desktop. If to the desktop how do I get it over to the phone? And everywhere I looked there is a fee for configure me, is that normal.
    The configureMe file is inside the widget,you have to open that file with a text editor on your PC,or use iFile (Cydia app) to edit the info in that file.In the DUSK thread is a tutorial and a screenshot of what to edit to make it read the weather of your location.

Thanks to all of you for making this a theme of the week.
    Big thanks to Grzegorz10 for the inspiration,and thanks for the people that support this theme,love you all.

(NOTE:I created this theme in firmware 3.1.3,I wont update to iOS4 untill all Cydia apps requiered for this theme are fully working,untill that happens,this theme will be only compatible for 3.1.3.
    I wont lose great Cydia apps like MyWi,Safari Download Manager,Infiniboard and springjumps just to have folders and multitasking,I dont need them.Also,Winterboard isnt fully working with iOS4,if those things never get working for new firmware,I will never update.But I will get an iPhone 4 and make themes for it once is JB and themeable)
    TO THANK ME FOR MY THEMES:I NEED SPARE PARTS TO REPAIR MY SPACESHIP TO RETURN TO MY PLANET,IF YOU WANT TO HELP,PLEASEon this link
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=TYB3WY4KVZWCN

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ALIEN1974 For This Useful Post:

superpro2676 (06-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, I realized it after I posted. Awsome theme, can't wait to finish.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just to pipe back in, Ive sussed out how to get the widgets working in iOS4.

I believe, is due to .js files being blocked or stripped or whatever.

If you include all the javascript in the page itself they will work.

Ive attached an example here.

Now, ive left all files intact EXCEPT for WeatherWidget.html.

The .js files that were used are still included, however ive simply copied the code into the .html file.

Excuse its untidyness... I was simply playing to make it work. Now we know how, I expect they will start rolling out again

http://jamestanner.co.uk/iPhone/wad.zip

Please note - that widget was not created by me, I simply chucked the JS into the html page to make it work. If you have a widget that doesnt work, copy it to your desktop, and copy all required javascript into the html file. It should work after that.
    do'h

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm still can't find the configureme in ifile. I downloaded iphone explorer and also don't see the "root folder" option. I feel really stupid right now. This is the first time i've tried anything like this, I guess there's a learning curve perhaps?

Thanks.
    Last edited by superpro2676; 06-25-2010 at 02:58 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everyone! How do I install this theme on my jailbroken Iphone running on 3.1.2?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superpro2676 View Post
    I'm still can't find the configureme in ifile. I downloaded iphone explorer and also don't see the "root folder" option. I feel really stupid right now. This is the first time i've tried anything like this, I guess there's a learning curve perhaps?

Thanks.
    If you're doing it in iphone explorer you don't go to the root folder to find the configureme file. When you start iphone explorer(with the iphone attached via usb and SSH on) you should see a list of files starting with a folder that has .XXXXXXXX(bunch of random numbers and letters) and ends with var, that's the iphone's root directory. From there you want to go to var then stash then themes.XXXXXX(more random numbers and letters) then you'll see a list of all the themes you have installed. Open up the DUSK ANI-W theme folder then the private folder and you'll see configureme.js open it up and change the weather location by typing CITY NAME, STATE replacing city name and state with where you live obviously. For the last step(probably optional but do it anyway) go back to the themes folder and this time enter the DUSK NAW folder then private and you'll see another configureme.js file, do what you did in the last one and you're done.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to robertr1 For This Useful Post:

superpro2676 (06-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I figured it out finally, this was my first time doing a theme. Love this so much better than stock. Thanks Alien and robert for the help.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12