+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Says iPhone Yellowing Will Fade

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sziklassy I am only having the "reception issue"... although I am not convinced it is anything but a software glitch. I am bouncing from 1 bar to
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I am only having the "reception issue"... although I am not convinced it is anything but a software glitch. I am bouncing from 1 bar to full bars standing in one place (where I normally was full bars on the 3GS) but I am neither getting any difference in downloads speeds or voice call quality. I am thinking the bars are simply misrepresented and are not actually truly showing what the signal really is. While this sucks, I am sure that a software fix is all that is needed, which is what I have heard others saying as well.
    it actually drops the call, test it with speakerphone
    It dropped the call every single time.
    I waited for this **** for ever but I am not keeping it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as some of ur battery issues go I agree you don't have tocharge it for 24 hours but what is reccommended to do is letnit die completley leavenit off for a few hours and then charge it up to a 100% it's supposdly calibrates your battery with the indicator seemed to work on my 3gs still waiting for the iPhone 4 in Italy so hopefully they will fix these issues before I get one. Keep us posted on the yollowish screen I am interested to see whether it fades or not

Thanks

Got mine yesterday morning, and there is no yellowing at all. as far as the battery goes, the Tech rep over here in Germany told me to let the battery die the first time without charging, then charge for 24 hours, and the battery should be fine. my battery has not died yet, but let it sit on the charger for 24 hours? i didn't buy the thing to let it sit and charge, I wanna unlock it and USE it. novel concept, huh?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No yellowing here. Ordered from ATT. Guarantee people with battery issues have 20 things running in the background.

Thanks

has anyone that has had the yellowing issue had improvements with use as they claim it will dry?

iPhone? More like MyPhone kingchkn's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes. Yesterday when I first got my phone at 7 I checked for the yellow pee stains. After a day of heavy use I charged it last night and kept the screen on all night while docked and this morning I noticed that the pee is drying.

I guess in hindsight I should have done a before and after but it does seem to be fading. Hope this gives hope to others.

Edit:
    Now if we can just get a jailbreak! (patiently twiddling thumbs)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dollfayce View Post
    I, too, am wondering about this battery issue. ???

No discoloration here; however, I am able to reproduce the reception problem. I ordered a "bumper", so I am anxious to see how that corrects the issue.
    I have the bumper on and I haven't had a signal issue at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingchkn View Post
    Yes. Yesterday when I first got my phone at 7 I checked for the yellow pee stains. After a day of heavy use I charged it last night and kept the screen on all night while docked and this morning I noticed that the pee is drying.

I guess in hindsight I should have done a before and after but it does seem to be fading. Hope this gives hope to others.

Edit:
    Now if we can just get a jailbreak! (patiently twiddling thumbs)
    good to hear man, hopefully this will be the case for everyone else with the issue

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone notice that the proximity sensor is kind of buggy? Everytime I get a call and bring the phone to my face, it goes black....but when I remove it to hang up, it just stays black. I literally have to wait for the other person to hang up or just lock my phone right off the bat.

I see a 4.0.1 upodate coming out soon. Oh and the reception issue, it honestly was there Wednesday, but it has since not been affected really.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got mine yesterday evening. Have no problems with anything- no reception loss, no vertical lines, no so called battery issue, and no yellowing!

Did anyone think that the reception issues some people are having might be from hundreds of thousands of iPhone being activated on the same day, western stores opening up, tons of transfers from one phone to another, and those who just got their phones using them and the network like crazy?

Again no probs here but maybe that's a cause?
    Last edited by starfuryt550; 06-25-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by giancarlo View Post
    Anyone notice that the proximity sensor is kind of buggy? Everytime I get a call and bring the phone to my face, it goes black....but when I remove it to hang up, it just stays black. I literally have to wait for the other person to hang up or just lock my phone right off the bat.

I see a 4.0.1 upodate coming out soon. Oh and the reception issue, it honestly was there Wednesday, but it has since not been affected really.
    i got the same problem, called apple yesterday and they shipped me a new iphone already, i get it today. theres a fix for this thou. go to setting>general>reset>reset all settings. read a few poeple tried it and it took care of it. I havent tried it since im shipping mine back to apple today. Let me know it it works

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BoostedEvoIX For This Useful Post:

giancarlo (06-25-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone giancarlo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    i got the same problem, called apple yesterday and they shipped me a new iphone already, i get it today. theres a fix for this thou. go to setting>general>reset>reset all settings. read a few poeple tried it and it took care of it. I havent tried it since im shipping mine back to apple today. Let me know it it works
    I was thinking about doing that, but I've hit the wrong button before on those eras e settings tab. Got it working, thanks for the pointers.

For the slight yellowing....turn the brightness all the way up and leave the screen on for hours. I had a slight yellow tint on mine but after couple hours on full brightness it cleared up

Green Apple
    Thanks

So it sounds like the yellowing is exactly what we were told, probably the adhesive...that's good to know.

Thanks

I have a friend that works for ATT and had a customer that had yellowing and after a day its gone. So its seems the adhesive not fully dried is true

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got mine yesterday morning no yellow on screen, and I do have the signal problem. No batterie issues used it all day to surf the net and made It from 10am till I went to bed around 10 and still had some juice left. I'm impress with the batterie!!

Thanks
    I had 2 spots of the yellow discoloring at the bottom right corner, but i just noiced that they are gone!

Green Apple
    Thanks

My whole screen had a yellow tint to it yesterday. Today everything is bright and clear. What an improvement to the screen over my old 3G!

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234