Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Says iPhone Yellowing Will Fade

Gotta love all the haters trying to justify their iEnvy.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Any hotties (girls) wanna test Face Time?! haha

No battery issues here.... good to go!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been playin' with my 4 sense about 11:30 this morning and I have had no issues, I actually had a 30 FaceTime call with a friend and it didn't even put a dent in the battery!! Awesomeness abounds with this beeyotch!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

All these people having issues with the screen/reception. Luckily I don't have either, I went and bought a case and screen protecter at Best Buy yesterday just to protect my phone but didn't have any signal problems b4 then on my I4.

no yellowing on my screen. horray!

- the battery issue has to do with all the backgrounding. each app you enter becomes auto backgrounded. double click the home button and delete any of the apps you dont want to background. this will improve battery length.

-reception issue i think isnt an overall thing. just for some users. i havnt had any of the mentioned issues with holding the phone and loosing reception. well see i guess.
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    loving my Iphone 4, no screen problems, no intenna issues, no battery issues. Just a perfect Iphone 4 working wonderfully, go apple on this one

Apple Fans trust so much SJobs,, that even if the discoloration does not goes away their minds will trick them to not see it...

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am only having the "reception issue"... although I am not convinced it is anything but a software glitch. I am bouncing from 1 bar to full bars standing in one place (where I normally was full bars on the 3GS) but I am neither getting any difference in downloads speeds or voice call quality. I am thinking the bars are simply misrepresented and are not actually truly showing what the signal really is. While this sucks, I am sure that a software fix is all that is needed, which is what I have heard others saying as well.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

does the software sense your fingers touching the side of the iphone ?

I have been using my new iPhone 4 for 1hr 53mins and I have 73% percent battery left it was at 94% this morning is this good or bad ???

I also made a few facetime calls
    Last edited by matrixhunter; 06-24-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

I want one regardless of the issues. If only I was eligible for a full upgrade. Guess I'll just have to wait for next June and get a 64gb (maybe?) iPhone 5.

No yellow discoloration, no signal issues, no battery issues. I'm loving this phone!! The screen is incredible!!!

I have had battery issues as well. When I opened my iPhone yesterday the battery was dead. So I charged it as I set it up and went on my way. Today I went to work (about an hour and a half) I listened to pandora and checked email and texted and played some solitaire. By the time I got to work i had 60% which seems alot to me. I'm gonna try to shut some stuff off and see what happens. If it stays like this I'll exchange in a week or so when the craziness dies down. Other then that I love his thing (no yellowness, no reception issues so far)

My screen was yellow right after I opened the box but that was only because I got so excited, I peed on it by accident. I called Apple Support and all they said to me was "urine" trouble! Hahaha

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FireMedic92 For This Useful Post:

ipod touch u (06-24-2010)

I think the more likely story is you'll get used to it and stop noticing it after a while...

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine doesnt have the yellowing issue or reception problems, I havent dropped a call yet. Im extremly happy with it even without it being jailbroken.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

OK for all those who have had yellow issues did your come from Apple ( Shipped from China ) or did your come from AT&T ( Fort Worth TEXAS )?

I'm assuming the one's that are having issues are the ones that were ordered from Apple.
    And the ones that don't have the issues are from AT&T orders.

Mine was pre-order from AT&T and I didn't noticed any yellowing.

This is just a guess but the ones from AT&T have been here for a while where as the Apple order were rush from manufacturing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    OK for all those who have had yellow issues did your come from Apple ( Shipped from China ) or did your come from AT&T ( Fort Worth TEXAS )?

I'm assuming the one's that are having issues are the ones that were ordered from Apple.
    And the ones that don't have the issues are from AT&T orders.

Mine was pre-order from AT&T and I didn't noticed any yellowing.

This is just a guess but the ones from AT&T have been here for a while where as the Apple order were rush from manufacturing.
    I live in Fort Worth and pre ordered mine from AT&T. Mine is flawless other than the reception problem. I will have to agree with dude though, I haven't actually dropped a call. Starting to think it might be somewhat software because my 3Gs is doing it now that it's on iOS4.

lol, it will fade, yeah when the 30 day return period runs out...

*edit*
    Last edited by fonz06; 06-24-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast