+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Says iPhone Yellowing Will Fade

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I got my phone today and I noticed that the whole screen had a slight yellowish tint when comparing it to my old 3g. As for the signal fading out,
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I got my phone today and I noticed that the whole screen had a slight yellowish tint when comparing it to my old 3g. As for the signal fading out, I did notice that a little but I have it in an iFrogz case now and have full bars no matter how I hold it. I have had it almost continuously on this afternoon with the brightness at max, and still showing almost a full charge.

On a side note, this is a huge improvement over my 3g in performance.

Thanks

Lol at the picture

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The only battery issue that I've noticed is that the phone simply refuses to go down from 100% until I make a handful of phone calls

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luppin For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (06-25-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha use 3G it will go down trust me

Green Apple
    Thanks

To all those who rushed out to buy one maybe next time you will use some common sense and wait a few weeks. That way you can buy a phone that works properly

Thanks

My Iphone 2g has a discoloration spot that looks similar... It never went away after 6 months of use. Its is a yellowish, burnt spot that gets more obvious after more use.

Thanks

I dont know got the phone few hours ago, screen resolution looks incredible, no yello discolorations, and none of the signal bars fading when holding the case on its side i tried everywhere. Works perfectly. Cant say anything about batery life just yet giveme few more hours

Thanks

lol at the picture.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clarky8 View Post
    To all those who rushed out to buy one maybe next time you will use some common sense and wait a few weeks. That way you can buy a phone that works properly
    You do realize this is for only a small fraction of the iPhones, and most of us don't want to wait, we already did 1-3 years lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just got a phone call and my phone canceled the call and gave me a message saying "iPhone needs to cool down before you can use it" It has been idle for at least 45 mins. Anyone else have this problem?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote from clarky8

plus. You do realize that the 3 million people that got this phone today probably don't agree with you?

Thanks

Ive not had any of these problems with my phone at all. Everything has been great but then again I've not been sitting here for hours "playing" with it. One of the reasons for that is common sense and something I've noticed most people don't do these days. When you get a new phone - or just about anything with a battery that takes a charge- you should allow the battery to charge for at least 12 hours before using the device for long periods of time (24 hours is best). The people saying they are having battery issues should take the advice and turn the phone off and let it charge over night to get a full first time charge.

I'm sure I'll have "experts" flame me for this advice but what I've posted here should be common sense to most people familiar with electronics. I'm sure the older people here will agree.
    Roll Tide!

Thanks
    Thanked 25,618 Times in 4,065 Posts

Mine is rock solid. Damn this thing is niiiiicccceeeee!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zausser View Post
    Mine is rock solid. Damn this thing is niiiiicccceeeee!
    Now start pumping out some themes for it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

The reception issue is only on 3G. It work fine on edge. I hope they fix that soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah.. How bout a jailbreak first. I'm ready now. Lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

No battery issues here, and actually way better than my 3GS. I do have a tiny faint yellow line at the bottom of the screen that I thought was my imagination at first, but it's there and almost invisible. Now, about the reception "issue". None. When I'm in-doors I have the same thing happen like in the video where the reception bars disappear as soon as I pick-up the phone, but outdoors it doesn't happen and I'm getting 3G service where I wasn't able to before. I hope a case will correct the in-door reception phenomena, but over-all Apple wins big with this phone IMO. I just love it.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky8 View Post

Um, I'm not following you. It works better than my 3GS. Define "properly", cause this phone efing kicks azz.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 06-24-2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

These issues are not for everybody. Some of us have great functioning phones and everything is great except for the fact that there's a certain way you have to hold it and the camera on the front is not in hd also

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_fried View Post
    Ive not had any of these problems with my phone at all. Everything has been great but then again I've not been sitting here for hours "playing" with it. One of the reasons for that is common sense and something I've noticed most people don't do these days. When you get a new phone - or just about anything with a battery that takes a charge- you should allow the battery to charge for at least 12 hours before using the device for long periods of time (24 hours is best). The people saying they are having battery issues should take the advice and turn the phone off and let it charge over night to get a full first time charge.

I'm sure I'll have "experts" flame me for this advice but what I've posted here should be common sense to most people familiar with electronics. I'm sure the older people here will agree.
    This method dropped once lithium ion batteries hit the market, makes no difference - anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I bought 2 phones and 1 of them has the signal issue but only when you hold it with your left hand. If I hold it with my right hand, the phone does not lose any signal. Don't know what that's about but my other iPhone has no issues.