+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] How To Downgrade iOS 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i cant save the host file on my mac it says it cannot be modified nevermind i moved it to the desktop and edited it there. my bad
    Green Apple
    Thanks

i cant save the host file on my mac it says it cannot be modified

nevermind i moved it to the desktop and edited it there. my bad
    Last edited by aj8600; 06-25-2010 at 08:25 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after button bashing irecovery ireb programs somehow it managed to work then blackrained it thanks

that laptop tip really helped a big time. ok so ill explain in detail on what i did to those of u still confused
    iphone 3gs 4.0 final with 5.13.04 modem, had 3.1.2 on saurik shsh then 9.1 itune on my bro's comp but what i did is that since u cant downgrade since my laptop was on 4.0 i had to downgrade to 3.1.2 via redsnow 9.0.4 wont give me cell service and 9.1 wont let u downgrade cuz the program too old or something, so after the redsnow i went to bro's comp and downgrade again to 3.1.2 then it gave me a 1015 error which i ran irecovery and ireb program and button bash the F out of it til the phone restarted and surprisingly it had cell service when it activated so then proceed to blackrain for cydia install and dont upload the wrong backup like i did so now i got no contacts sms notes but meh i got an unlocked phone and less headaches

hope that solves another loss soul out there,. have fun !!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm on a mac and everytime i try to save the host, it tells me I don't have the privleage to save it. I go to getinfo and change the permission but it still doesn't work, please help if can
    "R-R"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To everyone having some trouble with this whole process let me share my experiences.

I too was having some problems doing this but I solved the first major hiccup by uninstalling Itunes 9.2. THat means everything. Im on windows 7 btw. You need to uninstall everything itunes related.

iTunes Software
    Apple Mobile Support
    Bonjour
    QuickTime
    Apple Software Update

Go back to 9.1.1.

Then Jailbreak with blackrain at 3.1.2. (if you can)

Then snowbreeze it to either 4 or 3.1.3. Im sitting at the 3.1.3 waiting a little while longer till most of the apps on cydia are updated for IOS4. For those who are stuck at the recovery boot try this. Download quickpwn, iphonedev - TPB

Then navigate to
    C: \Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

Create a folder called bin.

select everything and put it into the bin folder.

Run quick pwn. Follow the reset instruction. Your phone should now boot into emergency calls only screen.

Then go to the folder again and take everything out. for itunes to work again. You'll either have to reset your pc or if you know how, shutdown the itunes services in services.msc

Then your phone should activate from itunes again.

The error 1015 threw me for a bit but your restore has completed. thats why this works.

I dont know if you can update to IOS4 with 9.1.1. I know it needs 9.2 to work along side IOS4 but it doesnt say if it needs it to update the firmware? I might be talking crap but its just a thought. I think snowbreeze 1.61 will do it?

Hope this helps a bit.

Sandy

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

If your having problems editing your host files open the host file with this program Smultron just google u will find it let me know if it worked for u.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 935 Posts

@jcasas...
    To answer ur quest. about editing posts with iPhone, you need to install User Agent Faker in Cydia. This let's you view ModMyI as an actual webpage, not the mobile version.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

my mac wont let me save the hosts file, what a pos

just read vantheman's post, thanks.
    Last edited by energiesource; 06-26-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks

So I assume that the dev team don't give a sh*t about iPhone 3G S new bootroom? I am assuming because there is absolutely no new jailbreak for ios 4. I've seen so many ways to jailbreak idevice 2g 3G .. But no 3GS new bootroom. So this is a sign that we will have to wait again 4-5 months? Sigh*...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mardinn View Post
    So I assume that the dev team don't give a sh*t about iPhone 3G S new bootroom? I am assuming because there is absolutely no new jailbreak for ios 4. I've seen so many ways to jailbreak idevice 2g 3G .. But no 3GS new bootroom. So this is a sign that we will have to wait again 4-5 months? Sigh*...
    lOl yes 3gs user like me lol always the last on the list jajaja to bad and yes u has to wait igain 4-5 months for the jailbroken and unlock.

Ok i did all the step but i cant finish the job - 3: Fix Recovery Boot Loop
    i try does:
    Utilities
    iReb for Windows (Mac Soon)
    iRecovery (Mac & windows)

and nathing works the recovery mode dont go anyway. any help to finish my Downgrade
    Last edited by Patato22; 06-26-2010 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey guys i am getting an error (1005) i believe. it sends me into a recovery loop. i have tried all the ways to get out of a recovery loop but to no avail. any help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aj8600 View Post
    hey guys i am getting an error (1005) i believe. it sends me into a recovery loop. i have tried all the ways to get out of a recovery loop but to no avail. any help?
    ok amigo if you get the error is ok. just download the program call RecBoot v1.0.1 for your mac os an thats all u need to do i will send u the download url in ur pm

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also tried the downgrade from 4 to 3.13 on Saurik's server. The restore works but gets stuck in recovery mode. Tried both tools and they have no effect. Oh I'm running windows 7 64bit. Any clues?

Thanks

Have any of you that r stuck in Recovery Mode tried RecBoot? That's what I used to get out of RM on Win 7.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Have any of you that r stuck in Recovery Mode tried RecBoot? That's what I used to get out of RM on Win 7.
    Yes I tried Recboot as well. Which version of recboot? You have win 7 64bit?

got recboot to work on vista 32bit! 3.13 back! and jailbroken again! Happy now!

Quote Originally Posted by l-fever View Post
    Yes I tried Recboot as well. Which version of recboot? You have win 7 64bit?
    Last edited by l-fever; 06-27-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So, I was having problems downgrading (iTunes would give me the 1604 error code, or whichever one it was for a USB error; don't use a dock if you are, and then you should get the 1015 code), and did a bit of searching, and redsnow quickly became a friend of mine (on Mac, that is).

I edited the file "hosts" like the guide says to, and attempted the downgrade. I was in recovery mode in iTunes, and it was giving me the 1015 error code (that's Applespeak for "you can't downgrade, dumbass").

I used redsnow (0.9.2) and told it I was running 3.1.2. It did it's magic, and after a while, it didn't fully work (stuck in "installing activation bundles," then it went back to Recovery Mode). Apparently, most people downgrading using redsnow said to uncheck the Cydia box to circumvent this. I did, and got it working in 3.1.2; once the screen said "applying jailbreak data," I actually walked away for a snack, and by the time I came back, my phone was waiting for me, jailbroken 4.0 applied.

I just applied the Custom 4.0 from PwnageTool and I'm restoring from a backup right now. My phone is syncing right now (installing apps), and I've got 4 bars on AT&T. Everything seems to be working right now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure why but I could only downgrade using virtual pc. The host file trick didn't work on my Mac. Anyone have a clue what Ive done wrong? Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi before accidently updated my iphone to os 4.0, I have pressed that 'Make my life easier' button few days before I upgrade to os4. But everytime I was in Cydia it was saying something like that TTS is pending.

Can I still be able to downgrade to 3.1.3?

Please help.

Regards, Pendu

Thanks

penduboy,
    Is this the first time you jailbroke your iphone? '

If so, then you probably will not be able to downgrade to 3.1.3 since Apple signing (for FW 3.1.3) had ended once iOS4 came out.

Wait till TSS Pending goes away and if, by chance, Cydia shows that you have 3.1.3 on file, then you can downgrade! Most likely, though, it will only show 4.0 on file. Let us know!

Thanks

No, I jail-broke & unlocked 3.1.2 and recorded it on Cydia. I used pwanage the tried to restore but, I did not have the instruction to hold the option key and the apple version of 4.0 was installed. So far all I can do is use itunes then reload a pas backup. However, it is only showing the "official" apple apps as cydia is not recognized.
    Tried redsn0 but it just stays at "processing firmware" for hours...

Thanks

n777bf,
    So.....have you downgraded yet or are you still running iOS4? When i had iOS4 (for half a second!) I used pwnage to jailbreak it...not redsn0w.

I thought redsn0w was for 3G, not 3GS....but I could be wrong now. If you really want to keep and Jailbreak iOS4 on your 3GS, use Pwnage tool; it takes a little longer but it gets the job done! Heres a link for instructions:

Official IOS 4 Jailbreak Tutorial Pwnage Tool 4(MAC): In Simple Two Stages | areacellphone.com
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-30-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost