Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] How To Downgrade iOS 4

Quote Originally Posted by jcasas392 View Post
    if you are 100% sure that you have your SHSH blobs saved, and have edited your host file, and are still getting error (3194) try this out...

i was getting that same error over and over again. i went into my c:/windows/system32/drivers/ect folder and cut everything out and pasted it in a new folder on my desktop. leaving only my hosts file in the 'ect' folder. i realized one of my host files was a 'text' file, the other just said 'file'. i only kept the one that was a file. right-clicked, opened with notepad, added my "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com " saved it. and viola. just for shits and giggles, i put the other files back in my 'ect' folder, and got the error (3194) again. i was going nuts with this. hope i helped somebody out at least.
    thanks jcasas but I still geting the error message. Maybe I dont have the SHSH blobs on the server. I push the "make my life easier" button when I was on 3.1.2 Im sure. I had on my cydia the green line before 3.1.3 I dont know what i did wrong. I see already, i need to wait till comes out any JB solution for spirit jailbreakers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well, for those who don't have their SHSH on saurik's server, or just aren't sure. there's a little app called 'tinyumbrella' which allows you to still upload your 3.1.2, 3.1.3 blobs to cydia's servers.

i'm not sure if i can post this link: Getting 3.1.3 SHSH Signature Files for Your iPhone Running on 3.1.2 | jailbreak

but that's how you can still get your shsh's on there. i had my 3.1.3 on file, but used this method to get my 3.1.2 on there too. now my 3gs is on 3.1.2.
    Last edited by jcasas392; 06-25-2010 at 07:57 AM.

i tried to downgrade ios 4 to 3.1.2 using saurik blob and get error 1015 then ran redsnow 9.4 which works but i get no reception since the modem is 5 13 04 now and i tried to black rain it and it says it wont work missing some file v7.dll or something and just crashes after that.
    tried to install 3.1.3 firmware and i still get error 1015 but couldnt get pass that part since i dont know if theres a redsnow or pwn tool to kick it out of that recovery phase
    lleb usb and ileb or something and irecovery wont detect nothing and keeps screwing up my usb drives
    any ideas?

3gs btw

Thank you for well explained instructions. it worked for me in first time. best regards

just to let you know everyone, you must right click on host file and give permission for each user full to work
    Last edited by delizaza23; 06-25-2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Worked for me.... I found this a couple of days ago and thank god I did. I missed my JB apps! Cant wait to JB 4.0!!!!

Hey, lets try this maybe? Doing it on a iTunes 9.1 computer? Spirit doesnt even support 9.2....i went from 3.1.2 to 4.0 [final] back to 3.1.2 with error 1600, i believe, did the irecovery(messes with usbs so if you have laptop, do it on that then uninstall libusb(if windows, i dont know about mac)) and then i activated it, then spirit. Flawless. though on t-mobile i cant use maps over edge without data plan anymore and my mms does what i posted on page 4 that no one cared to look at. Hope this helps. Oh! I am 3GS New Boot, 32 GB, 3.1.2 with modem firmware 5.13.04. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by akuza View Post
    i tried to downgrade ios 4 to 3.1.2 using saurik blob and get error 1015 then ran redsnow 9.4 which works but i get no reception since the modem is 5 13 04...
    if you dont require an unlock, dont read...waste of your time.
    if you require an unlock.... where have you been???? 5.13.04 is unlockable... ultrasn0w
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-25-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone Devices;3

All the iPhone "Killers";50+

How does the iPhone STILL win?

So I had 3.1.3 before I upgraded to 4.0. Is it even possible to down grade to 3.1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

and mms still not working :
    Create a new admin profile on your comp(if you can) and open up iTunes. Restore your phone and rename it. Then go back to your original profile and sync. MMS problem solved. Had that issue yesterday.
    Last edited by Dave_Xiavia; 06-25-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Westside83uk's Avatar
    Thanks

this sounds a lot of hassle i may wait cause i dont even know if i can downgrade from 3.1.3 with shsh on file ?

is it possible to use tinyumbrella even when youve already upgraded to ios4? or let me rephrase this is there any ay to downgrade from ios 4 without prior planning or prep??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adhezivek View Post
    is it possible to use tinyumbrella even when youve already upgraded to ios4? or let me rephrase this is there any ay to downgrade from ios 4 without prior planning or prep??
    its worth a try. it's really easy to use.

so i can get back to 3.1.3 without having ever been jailbroke?

on a 3gs?
    Last edited by adhezivek; 06-25-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, you should be able to. but you're better off going to 3.1.2. then jailbreaking with sn0wbreeze. then you can use sn0wbreeze again to create your ios 4 ipsw and update to a jailbreaked ios 4.

but you need to use tinyumbrella to upload your SHSH to cydia's servers.
    Last edited by jcasas392; 06-25-2010 at 01:50 PM.

yeah but when i uploaded it it says it uploaded 4.0

and can someone paste me their working "hosts" file i think i screwed mine up
    Last edited by adhezivek; 06-25-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have a 3gs and did the record on Cydia. I made changes to "hosts" file but...it would not let me save it?????

I used Pawage yeterday but did it wrong...ended up with the Apple 4.0 :-/

Have been trying everything to get back so I could have Cydia back even if I lost the unlock...HELP!!!!

I had 3.1.2 and am using a mac

Blaine
    Last edited by n777bf; 06-25-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: more info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adhezivek View Post
    yeah but when i uploaded it it says it uploaded 4.0

and can someone paste me their working "hosts" file i think i screwed mine up
    you have to hit the 'advanced settings' in tinyumbrella, and select iphone(which ever model) and the fimware you want to send. trust me. try it again.

my host file:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Thanks but I'm on a mac.....

i modified the hosts file, but it still says my device isnt eligible..any thought?

I got an error message while restoring, like it could not restore and now its on recovery mode always....how do i fix?

The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1015)
    Last edited by moharan; 06-25-2010 at 05:25 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@dynasty: that means there is no SHSH on file for you. Or, your hosts file isn't working. What other files are in your drivers/ect folder? There souls only be one hosts file. And it shouldn't be a text file.

There should** only be.

Ps. How do I edit my post with my iPhone? Don't see the option.

Nice, it does it automatically.
    Last edited by jcasas392; 06-25-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hey, lets try this maybe? Doing it on a iTunes 9.1 computer? Spirit doesnt even support 9.2....i went from 3.1.2 to 4.0 [final] back to 3.1.2 with error 1600, i believe, did the irecovery(messes with usbs so if you have laptop, do it on that then uninstall libusb(if windows, i dont know about mac)) and then i activated it, then spirit. Flawless. though on t-mobile i cant use maps over edge without data plan anymore and my mms does what i posted on page 4 that no one cared to look at. Hope this helps. Oh! I am 3GS New Boot, 32 GB, 3.1.2 with modem firmware 5.13.04. Hope this helps

if you dont require an unlock, dont read...waste of your time.
    if you require an unlock.... where have you been???? 5.13.04 is unlockable... ultrasn0w
    well im stuck on either a useless 3.1.2 that dont have service and cant be blackrained or a 4.0 that cant be jailbreaked or unlocked and no i dont have a mac
    cant install cydia unless theres another way to install cydia that im unaware of ?

ok my mistake i did not know about the laptop ill give it a shot
    Last edited by akuza; 06-25-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast