+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] How To Downgrade iOS 4

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
how can i get a custom FW 3.1.2?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

olivo42 try iclarified but i cant post links

Also I SOLVED ERROR 1600...

wow im on a roll today

After using snowbreeze to make your custom 4.0 ispw then go to itunes, DO NOT PUT IPHONE IN DFU or RECOVERY MODE. just put your phone in the main page window (the one with lets say the settings icon and winterboard ect...) and go to Itunes and SHIFT+Restore and click the custom ispw 4.0 and VOILA.

NOTE : only works if you have jailbroken 3gs 3.1.2 blackra1n
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 06-24-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Does anyone try this on iTunes Pre 9.2?

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by olivo42 View Post

try goggle what you want followed by the word "torrent", if you dont know what a torrent is google it,
    google is your friend
    Last edited by loocfa; 06-24-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    3gs 16gb 4.0 pwnagetooled. macbook pro 2.33ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. imac 20" 2ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. and a mini 10 dell for those times when i have to use a pc.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    FOR 3194 ERROR PPL I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION

Go into HOST file, check to see if your localhost ip is same then mine if not rmeember the number and replace the one im posting with yours. DELETE EVERYTHING and paste THIS

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    # ::1 localhost

what i was doing wrong was basicly adding # before the 74.208ect.... and that i guess screws everything lol
    This fixed my problem! Now, the only downside is that I can only go to 3.1.3

I get the 3194 error if I try 3.1.2, but I never had a chance to save my SHSH of that firmware, as this one came with 3.1.3 on it already.

Thanks man!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do i have to downgrade to 3.12? in order to jailbreak ios 4? Arent they releasing an jailbreak for new bootroom and users who upgraded with sprit? My IPHONE 3GS is 3.13 and the SHSH blobs is file with Saurik's server.

Thanks

You have to downgrade to 3.1.2 to jailbreak to 4 yes. i dont know why ppl even ever upgraded to 3.1.3 since it had nothing extra lol

Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    This fixed my problem! Now, the only downside is that I can only go to 3.1.3

I get the 3194 error if I try 3.1.2, but I never had a chance to save my SHSH of that firmware, as this one came with 3.1.3 on it already.

Thanks man!
    No problem. Glad i could help but ya sucks you cant go to 3.1.2.
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 06-24-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a iphone 3GS that i bought unlocked already for T-Mobile, my iTunes restored and updated the phone to iOS4, now im stuck with a phone on the connect to iTunes screen! what can i do about this? id like to have 4.0 if all possible unlocked! i was on OS 3.1.2 unlocked. dont know what program the guy used but i had cydia and icy apps on it. ive never done this so be easy on me . please someone help, i really need my phone! thanks in advance!

F.Y.I:
    Windows 7
    Model: MB715ll
    SN: 26

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    You have to downgrade to 3.1.2 to jailbreak to 4 yes. i dont know why ppl even ever upgraded to 3.1.3 since it had nothing extra lol

Thanks

Well I jailbroke my iphone 3gs with spirit so I'm trying to restore it back to 3.1.3(I bought it with 3.1.3 installed so no 3.1.2 for me) and I'm just wondering a few things. I clicked the make my life easier button and it's pending the tss request(I'm assuming that means I can't restore it yet so I'm not) any clue as to how long this will take? Will restoring to 3.1.3 the way you described(backing up via cydia then restoring) keep all my cydia apps, themes, etc.? Or just delete them all?

In case anyone is wondering why I can't just click the restore button it's because iTunes makes me restore and update instead of just restore and I can't update because I jb with spirit.... I'm starting to get really annoyed with spirit btw..

iPhone? More like MyPhone remz08's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay guys, I have a question. And no I'm not stupid so don't go bashing me. I just got my iPhone traded out because I took it in after I updated to iOS4 because I lost data service. They gave me a brand new iPhone 3G[S], that is still model MB and serial before 40s. If I updated it to iOS4 as well am I SOL? Or do I have any options?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I only have Blob SHSH for 4.0 on Cydia.. Am I screwed? I tried every possible way already.. I guess I have to wait.. sigh

Thanks

ok guys Im on mac, with 3gs new BR, stupid me by fault got it upgraded to os 4, now as im trying to downgrade it's stuck on the restore screen, you said to drop you a post to let us know what to do in this case on mac.
    Thanks for the help.

and if I tried to put it in DFU mode then downgrade, I get error (1600).
    i'm stuck! :S
    Last edited by moudy; 06-24-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

If I have a 3GS that has the new bootrom then I am stuck at 3.1.3 correct? I'm not saying that is a bad thing because a lot of cydia apps I use are not fully compatible with 4.0 yet. On my 3GS with the older bootrom I downgraded that from 4.0 to 3.1.2 just because some of the apps I use the most didn't work. I'm 99% sure that if I have a 3GS with the new bootrom it's best to stay on 3.1.3 for now correct?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

soo i have the 3gs which i bought off CL on ios4. I tried this method, i get the 3194 error when its verifying with apple. How can i stop it from verifying with apple? i did not do any shsh blob thing so is there a way this still works?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a question. I am trying to find out if I have the new or old bootrom. I tried doing the thing where you plug in your phone while in DFU mode and using System Profiler (Mac) to find what my iBoot number was, but there wasn't anything there except for my serial number and a few other things. Any ideas?

Thanks

Default Cant see the first page of this post
    Hi, am I the only one not seeing the first page of this post? the actual guide itself? ive tried refreshing the page but still cant see! pls help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

unknown error occurred(1015) i followed all instructions. i need my old jailbreak back. whats the problem???

Thanks

I am also getting an error 1015, I got my 3GS when it first came out.

Its been jail broken since 3.0. I did have it 3.1.2 w blackra1n.

It goes to the restore process and it stops at about 75% and gives the 1015 error.

Anyone know how to get around this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Guide] How To Downgrade iOS 4-1015.jpg  
    Last edited by iN2K; 06-25-2010 at 02:36 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just tried iphone 3GS 05.11 I updated to iOS4 by accident and with this method was able to downgrade back to 3.1.2... Just make sure you have the latest iTunes that's where I was having a problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default FOR THOSE WITH error (3194) READ!!!
    if you are 100% sure that you have your SHSH blobs saved, and have edited your host file, and are still getting error (3194) try this out...

i was getting that same error over and over again. i went into my c:/windows/system32/drivers/ect folder and cut everything out and pasted it in a new folder on my desktop. leaving only my hosts file in the 'ect' folder. i realized one of my host files was a 'text' file, the other just said 'file'. i only kept the one that was a file. right-clicked, opened with notepad, added my "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com " saved it. and viola. just for shits and giggles, i put the other files back in my 'ect' folder, and got the error (3194) again. i was going nuts with this. hope i helped somebody out at least.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast