Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] How To Downgrade iOS 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just an FYI for allot of people I see posting the same issue here as I just found this out myself yesterday. If you are downloading your firmwares with IE and they are getting saved as zip files and then even when you unzip Snowbreeze and other apps still cant see them INSTALL FIREFOX and download the firmware AGAIN with that browser. It leaves the firmware files in the proper state and then all works fine.

Hey wtf whreis the one for ipt 3rd gen i really need to downgrade mine

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay wow, ******* great, this **** gets posted once I take forever to do this last night/morning ahaha did learn a lot though from it!

Only question is; since I downgraded before this post, my iPhone 3GS is: jailbreak: redsn0w firmware: 3.1.2 baseband: 05.13.04 (from downgrading iOS 4) that really can't even use Cydia (crashes on start). How do I go about properly jailbreak this time around + upgrade back to iOS 4!?

As I know I can but in 'theory' it seems off as it states in latest Pwnage that you can't jailbreak with new baseband from iOS 4. Although I am jailbroken from redsn0w on 3.1.2 ...kinda have a hybrid iPhone or something haha lost HELP!

Thank you for this guide. People are taking a piss. Making 4 fkin jailbreaks for iDevices 2G 3G.. but no 3gs.. eh.. Well lets see what happens ;p

Thanks

Guys quick question, is it possible to Downgrade to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH of 3.1.3 saved on Cydia?

I would like to downgrade to 3.1.2, coz I have the phone JB with Spirit. If I can, then will JB with Blackra1n, then upgrade to IOS4. Any pointers guys.

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for.
    Socrates

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Since mac doesn't have iReb you should download Recboot which is available for both windows and mac and it simply has two buttons, enter recovery mode and exit recovery mode. Obviously just click exit recovery mode and you will reboot and be back on 3.1.x. This is what I used to downgrade my 3G on my MacBook.

Thanks

Stuck in the recovery loop and I've had no success with iReb or iRecovery. I've installed the libusb, nothing. Tried Blackra1n, no bueno. I'm running Win7 64 bit if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan80 View Post
    Stuck in the recovery loop and I've had no success with iReb or iRecovery. I've installed the libusb, nothing. Tried Blackra1n, no bueno. I'm running Win7 64 bit if this helps.
    This was my exact problem. iReb/iRecovery do not work. Period.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm still stuck in the emergency calls screen with iOS4 and can't get to 3.1.2

i've tried everything posted here and got NOTHING

HELP PLEASE...

I have win7

After doing this and failing at JB I went back to 4.0. 3G no longer works. I have tried everything I know to get it going, be careful.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think this is the part i'm doing wrong: Fix Recovery Boot Loop

Tell me the correct way to do this...perhaps i'm doing wrong

Thanks

ok im lost

i put the in the host file the saurik adress and deleted all others in the host except local and sauriks adress, in cydia mine says its green and has in file 3.0 3.12 3.13. i shut off my phone. put it in DFU mode, told it to shift restore to 3.1.2 that i downloaded from here. when it gets to VERRIFYING WITH APPLE it gives me the error the Iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occrured (3194)

what am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    try copying the file to the desktop, modify it and then copy and replace back to the /etc folder
    Easy fix. Copy it to your desktop like mentioned, edit. Delete original/replace with desktop version. I had to input my mac pw to do this, just click "Authenticate" when it prompts, and input your system pw. Should work.

You can downgrade from 4.0 to 3.x if you have the shsh blobs even if you have a new bootrom. I'm sitting here with my 3GS that I just did this on last night for kicks.

Thanks

i know it can be done but i want to know those who had same problem then me how they fixed it.

i put the in the host file the saurik adress and deleted all others in the host except local and sauriks adress, in cydia mine says its green and has in file 3.0 3.12 3.13. i shut off my phone. put it in DFU mode, told it to shift restore to 3.1.2 that i downloaded from here. when it gets to VERRIFYING WITH APPLE it gives me the error the Iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occrured (3194)

nice thread thanks u

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    i know it can be done but i want to know those who had same problem then me how they fixed it.

I'm having the same problem..

I'm still stuck at the emergency calls screen with FW 4.0

What are we missing?

This was so painfully simple. The only problem I ran into was not being able to edit the hosts, which you simply copy it to your desktop, edit, then replace the original with the edited version.

Also had a "carrier update" prompt after updating.

BTW. When choosing your firmware through iTunes Restore, it's easier if you have a custom firmware rather than the original available. Avoids any DFU/Recovery Mode issues...

Good luck!!

Thanks

FOR 3194 ERROR PPL I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION

Go into HOST file, check to see if your localhost ip is same then mine if not rmeember the number and replace the one im posting with yours. DELETE EVERYTHING and paste THIS

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    # ::1 localhost

what i was doing wrong was basicly adding # before the 74.208ect.... and that i guess screws everything lol
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 06-24-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to finalfantasy For This Useful Post:

gehjl (06-24-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone loocfa's Avatar
    Thanks

first of all im not a noob, as you can see ive been on this forum since day one, and jailbroken all firmwares from 1.0 to 3.1.3 but this has really got the best of me and im trying everything i can to get to 4.0 jb.

i have 3gs on 3.1.3 sprint jailbroken, modem on 5.12.01, model MC, week number 32,

and i have both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 shsh files save to cydia, as well as the same firmware bundles i used.

i know the new bootrom is unjailbreakable , but i have an old build week (32), does this make a difference?

by downgrading to 3.1.2 and jailbreaking will it change my bootrom or help me in anyways get to jb 4.0?

has anybody had any success downgrading to 3.1.2, and upgrading to 4.0 and jailbreaking on 3GS?

unfortunately i am currently on 3.1.3, as i bought this 3gs off criaglist and was already updated,

if you have any info that might help that would be awesome,
    i know my way around both pcs and macs, but preferably mac,

thanks for reading
    3gs 16gb 4.0 pwnagetooled. macbook pro 2.33ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. imac 20" 2ghz snow leopard 10.6.3. and a mini 10 dell for those times when i have to use a pc.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast