Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] How To Downgrade iOS 4

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have a error 3014 on itunes and doen't restore to 3.1.2

I'm still stuck in the emergency calls screen with FW 4

please Tell me what i'm doing wrong?

yeah ireb and irecovery aren't working at all. I tried getting blackra1n to just stop the damn recovery loop and it did, but then I wasn't able to make any phone calls. My phone kept saying no service.

Now im just upgrading to 4.0 to hopefully fix it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by index View Post
    yeah ireb and irecovery aren't working at all. I tried getting blackra1n to just stop the damn recovery loop and it did, but then I wasn't able to make any phone calls. My phone kept saying no service.

Now im just upgrading to 4.0 to hopefully fix it.
    after blackra1n you need to run blacksn0w to unlock and get service

My Restort get stuck it's being have and hour and still on the same place, don't know if it's the phone ore itunes

help

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    If your SHSH isnt on sauriks server you will get error 3194 as well.
    I saved my SHSH when i was on 3.1.2 but now i can only downgrade to 3.1.3....i don't know why!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok, but how can we put our SHSH into sauriks server? via umbrella?>tss server?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by olivo42 View Post
    I donnot know what the heck i'm doing wrong..
    I'm stuck in the emergency calls screen with iOS4.
    Do you have AT&T or do you require an unlock?

I have a strange problem. I have iphone 3GS old Bootrom jailbroken and unlocked with blackra1n 3.1.2 . Made a custom firmware with pwnagetool with 4.0. I hold option and click restore point it to the custom built firmware. And i get error 1600 every time with itunes 9.2 wtf?

hey guys, please help me!

i have a 3GS old bootrom+3.1.3+spirit. I have the green line on cydia homepage, but only 3.1.3: "The device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.3"

So clould be I dont saved the 3.1.2 on saurik's server when my phone was in 3.0.1?

BEcause iTunes on the SHIFT+Restore method write an error message: "The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

I made the host file addon of course

Maybe I can olny downgrade to 3.1.3? But my question is: it is possible to upgrade to custom Jailbroked sn0wbreeze 4.0 after i downgraded to 3.1.3? Or its possible only from 3.1.2 downgrade?

PLease HELP Me!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon3s View Post
    hey guys, please help me!

i have a 3GS old bootrom+3.1.3+spirit. I have the green line on cydia homepage, but only 3.1.3: "The device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.3"

So clould be I dont saved the 3.1.2 on saurik's server when my phone was in 3.0.1?

BEcause iTunes on the SHIFT+Restore method write an error message: "The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

I made the host file addon of course

Maybe I can olny downgrade to 3.1.3? But my question is: it is possible to upgrade to custom Jailbroked sn0wbreeze 4.0 after i downgraded to 3.1.3? Or its possible only from 3.1.2 downgrade?

PLease HELP Me!!!
    im getting the same problem, running itunes 9.2 done all the stuff mentioned in the guide

I just wanted to verify that restoring from 4.0 non jailbroken to 3.1.2 JB blackra1ned then back to 4.0 with a JB from sn0wbreeze works 100% however don't try shift + Check for Update, it gave me error 17. Use Shift + Restore like it says to :/

I had my iPhone replaced at the Apple store with a new 3Gs like 3-4 months ago, 3.1.3 already installed on it. I had to use spirit to jailbreak since I couldn't downgrade to 3.1.2 When I did, after all the spirit rush, Cydia told me that my SHSH was on file, even though I don't remember clicking it. Now my iphone is on 4.0, old bootrom. I have tried downgrading to 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, both give me error 3194 in iTunes. I edited the hosts file and everything. Any ideas why I'm getting the error?

Thanks

Also getting error 3194 in iTunes when trying to restore stock 3.1.2 firmware.

- old model iPhone 3GS (got it in July 2009)
    - never been on firmware 3.1.3
    - previously jailbroken on 3.1.2
    - Cydia said I had the SHSH on file
    - currently running stock 4.0
    - running iTunes 9.2
    - edited hosts file exactly as per this guide
    - shift + click Restore > stock 3.1.2 IPSW file > error 3194
    - error 3194 comes up whether done in regular mode or recovery mode

I haven't tried to restore 3.1.3, but I see no reason to. This iPhone has never been on firmware 3.1.3. Went directly from jailbroken 3.1.2 to stock 4.0. Now trying to downgrade to stock 3.1.2 in order to re-JB 3.1.2, then upgrade to JB 4.0.

I had to restore my 3GS before I was gonna sell it but in doing so i was forced to upgrade to iOS4. Now the person didnt want it because it needs to be unlocked for tmobile. My question is: The sim card for the 3GS is deactivated now since Im now on my iphone4. Im pretty sure i have that file backed up on cydia.So can i still do this through wifi even if the sim card dont work anymore.Thanks.

Help. Can anyone tell me how to get my "SHSH blobs" on file with Saurik's server? Or what SHSH blobs are? I'm jailbroken and I wanna get things backed up in case the phone has issues or I ever upgrade (and then wanna downgrade) and I'm confused as to where to start. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Sevael View Post
    Also getting error 3194 in iTunes when trying to restore stock 3.1.2 firmware.

- old model iPhone 3GS (got it in July 2009)
    - never been on firmware 3.1.3
    - previously jailbroken on 3.1.2
    - Cydia said I had the SHSH on file
    - currently running stock 4.0
    - running iTunes 9.2
    - edited hosts file exactly as per this guide
    - shift + click Restore > stock 3.1.2 IPSW file > error 3194
    - error 3194 comes up whether done in regular mode or recovery mode

I haven't tried to restore 3.1.3, but I see no reason to. This iPhone has never been on firmware 3.1.3. Went directly from jailbroken 3.1.2 to stock 4.0. Now trying to downgrade to stock 3.1.2 in order to re-JB 3.1.2, then upgrade to JB 4.0.
    Exactly same as me....seems I'm not alone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSouls View Post
    I had to restore my 3GS before I was gonna sell it but in doing so i was forced to upgrade to iOS4. Now the person didnt want it because it needs to be unlocked for tmobile. My question is: The sim card for the 3GS is deactivated now since Im now on my iphone4. Im pretty sure i have that file backed up on cydia.So can i still do this through wifi even if the sim card dont work anymore.Thanks.
    Sim card has nothing to do with downgrading. If you have the SHSH on saurik server, then u can downgrade, you won't be able to activate since u dont have a sim, but that's not needed cuz blackra1n will hacktivate it and then u can unlock or upgrade to jailbroken 4.0

Ok, question. Everywhere I read it says if you have iPhone 3g you don't need to do anything special but downgrade. I did this but one big problem, I got no service. Even though I have AT&T I have to use BLACKSNOW?

plz someone answer my ? is anyone working on a way to upgrade to ios4 if you have a 3gs 3.1.3 plz i dont neet anyone to talk down to me i dont even need a date just the an answer if been reading blogs all day and havent found an answer

Green Apple
    Thanks

Man I need help and no one can offer me some help...thats crazy

i miss the jb apps, but i'll stay on 4.0 untill a jailbreak is released
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast