Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] How To Downgrade iOS 4

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    Lol, dude, read the tutorial. STEP 1 is the most important!
    If your SHSH isnt on sauriks server you will get error 3194 as well.

Is there any point to downgrading to 3.1.3 if the only jailbreak available for it is Spirit which apparently isn't supported for custom firmwares?

thank you for this! i'm getting ready to use snowbreeze for my 3gs and was just doing some research on how to downgrade. the shsh blobs on cydia server, is that the only way or can you also just save them locally and not risk having an issue getting the blob of saurik server. (my cydia says i have blobs for 312 and 313) but being able to also save something local would make me feel better incase i botch up the jailbreak lol

-Luke

Green Apple
    Thanks

as well as jcasas392: i have error 3194 on itunes, and then nothing else.

I have FW 4.O on the emergency calls screen, but as I have the new boot I'm not able to jailbrake my device. Please help me out!!
    I use windows

my ip 3gs was hang when ver 3.1.3 but i not yet request SHSH cydia. i upgrade to ver 4.0, how can i send ECID to get SHSH ver 3.1.3?

I did this last night but I was unable to jailbreak in 3.13 using blackrain. So I brought it back up to 4.0 Missing my JB apps but oh well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How can I know if my SHSH is on Saurik server?.. my device is on emergency calls screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, I am gonna ask the dumb Noob question, can a 3GS that wasn't jailbroken be downgraded to 3.1.3?
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Why the freak isn't my hosts file working?

I have one located at: /Developer/usr/etc
    And one located at: /Developer/usr/etc/distcc

Here is the contents of my hosts file:

# --- /etc/distcc/hosts -----------------------
    # See the "Hosts Specification" section of
    # "man distcc" for the format of this file.
    #
    # By default, just test that it works in loopback mode.
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Anyone with any ideas?

I just tried pinging gs.apple.com in terminal and it's coming back from 17.112.176.11 and not 74.208.10.249
    I must be doing something wrong, cuz my hosts file change isn't taking. I even restarted my Mac, but to no avail.
    Last edited by br8thw8; 06-24-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: additional info

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    thank you for this! i'm getting ready to use snowbreeze for my 3gs and was just doing some research on how to downgrade. the shsh blobs on cydia server, is that the only way or can you also just save them locally and not risk having an issue getting the blob of saurik server. (my cydia says i have blobs for 312 and 313) but being able to also save something local would make me feel better incase i botch up the jailbreak lol

-Luke
    if you follow the steps on this tutorial you should have no issues whatsoever since cydia tells you that you have the SHSH saved for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 so you can downgrade to any of those two firmwares. Once you did it, THEN you can save your SHSH locally and create your "own server" and redirect itunes to check locally on your computer instead of Saurik server

all of this can be averted if you simply listen to the dev team and use only there tools. Dev tema warned against upgrading to 3.13 instead people jumped ship. then people could not wait so the used spirit now they cant jailbreak 4.0.

just listen to dev team be patient

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    read carefully the instructions posted here by nickhesson
    How so? iReb does not state that it supports the 3GS model, just the older models.

I went from 4.0 to 3.1.2 on my 3gs new boot, spirited, because new boot, and now I can't send pictures nor recieve. It recieves, it just comes up blank like it's not even there. I'll post pictures soon. But I'm new boot, 3gs, spirited, and 4.0 modem firmware on t mobile, with correct mms settings. Any help? It worked when I had it with ra1n, but I'm new boot, so yeah. Please, any ideas are good ideas. Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azulfuego View Post
    I did this last night but I was unable to jailbreak in 3.13 using blackrain. So I brought it back up to 4.0 Missing my JB apps but oh well.
    Blackra1n does NOT work on 3.1.3, you have to use Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by olivo42 View Post
    How can I know if my SHSH is on Saurik server?.. my device is on emergency calls screen.
    just try this method, if it works is cuz u have them saved... otherwise you will get an error when you start and nothing will happen to the phone, no changes will be made

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    Ok, I am gonna ask the dumb Noob question, can a 3GS that wasn't jailbroken be downgraded to 3.1.3?
    NO, I'm in the same boat

it wont let me modify my host file. I am on a mac, it says I dont have privledges, i tried to adjust the settings and allow me full access via get info but it still wont let me modify the file. any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I went from 4.0 to 3.1.2 on my 3gs new boot, spirited, because new boot, and now I can't send pictures nor recieve. It recieves, it just comes up blank like it's not even there. I'll post pictures soon. But I'm new boot, 3gs, spirited, and 4.0 modem firmware on t mobile, with correct mms settings. Any help? It worked when I had it with ra1n, but I'm new boot, so yeah. Please, any ideas are good ideas. Thanks
    in cydia, install "MMS and Tethering Settings", then go to settings on the phone, General, and on the bottom, press "Reset" and then "reset network settings"
    that got mines working

Thanks

I have to do downgrade to 3.1.2, jailbreak with blackrain, before I can use custom firmware for 4.0

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcosis12 View Post
    it wont let me modify my host file. I am on a mac, it says I dont have privledges, i tried to adjust the settings and allow me full access via get info but it still wont let me modify the file. any ideas?
    try copying the file to the desktop, modify it and then copy and replace back to the /etc folder

Green Apple
    Thanks

how can i do this: Now run the following commands in the Terminal:

* setenv auto-boot true
    * saveenv
    * /exit

I'm stuck in a recovery loop and iReb does absolutely nothing. I click the 3GS button and absolutely nothig happens. It's a 3GS old bootROM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast