+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Supplies Quickly Diminishing Globally

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
"Launch Day" has finally arrived and it shouldn't come as a surprise that the lines are longer than the supplies (check out MMi's launch gallery to see for yourself). That's
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default iPhone 4 Supplies Quickly Diminishing Globally

"Launch Day" has finally arrived and it shouldn't come as a surprise that the lines are longer than the supplies (check out MMi's launch gallery to see for yourself). That's what we're hearing from scores of readers and understanding based on the early accounts from many others.

For hours now it has been reported that entire nations have virtually depleted their entire iPhone 4 stock, with the UK, France, and Japan chief among them. As this YouTube video from outside Apple's Regent Street, London store this morning proves, getting your hands on this device may not be as easy as once expected.

What's true abroad is also true at home for Apple. The in-store availability of iPhone 4s could be completely decimated before the end of launch day. With demand for the iPhone 4 outpacing the initial demand for the iPad by enormous leaps and bounds, it appears the first 600,000 units preordered will ultimately prove just a drop in the bucket for total sales when all is said and done for iPhone 4.

For some prospective but still empty-handed buyers, there was a glimmer of hope today when some reports surfaced that Wal-Mart would, in fact, have some iPhone 4s in store on launch day. Unfortunately, despite the frenzy that set in on Twitter and the foot traffic that resulted in Wal-Marts within hours, most iPhone 4 seekers were heartbroken to learn that many Wal-Mart stores only stocked one or two of the devices so far. Not one or two cases - one or two actual devices. Yes, only two iPhone 4s.

As reported this morning by CNN Money, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and RadioShack had previously suggested that iPhone 4 walk-in purchases might not work out so well on launch day. After all, only 1,500 of the 3,600 Wal-Mart stores in the US are even offering the handset today. These extremely limited supplies at incredibly scarce outlets have frustrated and confounded Apple fans like few other product launches ever have. Of course, the shortages aren't limited to Apple stores and Wal-Marts. "Inventory remains constrained, and it is expected that many of the iPhones that Best Buy receives will go first to customers who reserved one during presale," Best Buy warned on the eve of launch.

According to AT&T, demand for the iPhone 4 has already proven 10 times higher than it was for the iPhone 3GS. And, for the most part, there's video to back up that claim.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good luck to you all. I got mine yesterday.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Why didn't I preorder
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol a guy brought his guitar

Thanks

I love Manhattan

Thanks

.....where's the token "wait for days in line to buy it, then smash it on the pavement in defiance"?!......

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes, good luck
    Macbook Pro 13 inch
    24 inch iMac
    16GB iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone risingkazuya05's Avatar
    Thanks

quit rubbing it in man! :P I'm with Tmob so will be waiting patiently till supplies are less scarce and save me a couple hundred bucks rather than paying almost $1000 right now 8)

Green Apple
    Thanks

good thing i got mines shipped to my house. avoided all this craziness. i even got one yesterday =]

Thanks

I wonder how activation is going?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have mine!!!!! Just downloaded IMovie... Waited 7 hours and was out of there by 7:15.

Green Apple
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, United States
    Thanks
    That is exactly why I have pre-ordered mine, I'm never standing in the lines or going to the store @ launch day ever again. Got mine yesterday and was able to activate it within 5 min. Awesome!!!

Good luck to anyone out there standing in lines.......

Thanks

Got mine a few hours ago, and still waiting for activation from o2...hope that'll happen sooner rather than later!
    The phone is wicked cooooool!
    Hope a guide to jailbreaking is posted real soon...can't wait to free this bird

My iPhone is a Part of Me doomsday116's Avatar
    Thanks

im glad mine is being shipped today...ill wait patiently at home

Thanks

Stuck in line since 3am.. Just told possibly won't get one now.. 6 hours of my life.. Gone...

Thanks

Yeah waiting in line blows. I did it for the first two launch dates. After that it was preordering for me. I got my 3GS that way, my ipad, and now the iphone 4. I mean if i didn't have that option i would be out there with the rest of the troops.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was the first one out of the store with a 32gb iPhone 4 this morning. This thing is nothing short of incredible. The display, the camera/video quality, the speed... man, it's everything I'd hoped it would be. EFF YEAH APPLE.

Now, all I need is a worthwhile case...

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am so damn glad I did the pre order. There's no way I miss stand in those lines. And the better part is I got it one day early too. So I don't even have to fight the activation problems.
    The screen on this thing is amazingly beautiful.

Thanks

Preorder is the way to go. I also got mine yesterday and it's amazing! Good luck to those still in line

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Got my preorder Wednesday but there is something wrong with it. Restored twice but my camera still doesnt work. Strange little things going on with it. Have an appointment with the Genius Bar. Hopefully they have phones for people who need replacements.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast