Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-24-2010, 01:16 AM #161
so i still have the same problem. error 2 when trying to restore to ios 4. I have tried using iReb to get out of loop recovery mode, but to no avail. iReb suggests running redsnow, so i did that, but no luck. I even tried switching usb ports as the above post suggested, but when i did that I got error 1600. I've now tried every port on my computer. Anyone else have some ideas?
06-24-2010, 01:20 AM #162
**HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE
How to redirect iTunes to Sauric Server if you have saved SHSH blobs for FW 3.1.2
**HOW TO jailbreak 3[GS] on 4.0 official using ANY FIRMWARE
Last edited by maggel; 06-24-2010 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
06-24-2010, 01:22 AM #163
omg awesome haha my old 3Gs was week 45 but it broke so i sent it back and now my serial is 5k01309**** am I safe to JB?
06-24-2010, 01:24 AM #164
iRecovery: Get Out iPhone from Recovery Mode Loop on Restart | iPhone
Beware if you're on Vista or Windows 7 its kind of tricky with that libusb driver. You might want to use VMware and do it in OSX or XP, if you are experienced with VMware.
06-24-2010, 01:25 AM #165
I'm sorry I'm a little confused ... I can't figure out whether my 3Gs iPhone has the old or new bootrom... I used blackrain to jailbreak my 3.1.2 version... Can anybody tell me if I can jailbreak it with the new snowbreeze for ios4
06-24-2010, 01:31 AM #166
so to JB 4.0 we have to restore?! fresh device???
06-24-2010, 01:45 AM #167
Was on 3.1.3 w/Spirit
I Used RedSn0w 92,used 3.1.2 to create a custom Firmware..it threw my phone into a Blank screen but i was still LIT.(not DFU and Not Recovery)
Then i Used snowbreeze 1.6.1 to make a custom iOS4 firmware...(while still in that Blank Screen)
Opened iTunes and Restored the Custom iOS4 Firmware and VUALA!!!
GOD DAMN IT F****** Works!!! hahahaha
06-24-2010, 01:50 AM #168
ok after about 1324 attempts I came across this videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EPKGRkFNt4 and used the firmware and the redsn0w in his links and it's finally working...hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to stephen1014 For This Useful Post:
06-24-2010, 01:53 AM #169
I've used a jailbreak method that I don't remember, blackra1n and spirit on my 3GS (in that order).
My model number starts with MB, not MC, so I probably have the old bootrom if I'm reading the intel correctly.
I might just wait for my iPhone4 in the mail. That might be the safe thing to do.
Last edited by shoohorn0plenty; 06-24-2010 at 01:55 AM.Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
-- Douglas Adams
06-24-2010, 01:53 AM #170
06-24-2010, 01:55 AM #171
06-24-2010, 02:04 AM #172
I've just gave it a try, done well, and seems to be co0o0oL!!!!
06-24-2010, 02:06 AM #173Am I in or not?
I read and read again and got to the conclusion that I'm not in because of the iboot. I got a picture from f0recast attached. Can you confirm that I cannot upgrade to iOS4?
06-24-2010, 02:07 AM #174
Hey Sinful Iphone has a jailbreak for most models 3G,3Gs iphone 2G,ipod and ulocks work as well, all functions work, multitasking works winterboard works all 4.0 functions work its way better then redsnow 0.9.5 beta and this snowbreeze witch is limited for only 3Gs this is the best so far.
Last edited by smooth22; 06-24-2010 at 02:09 AM.
06-24-2010, 02:16 AM #175
I got two questions,
1. when i do this jailbreak, do i have to be on the iOS4, then restore with the custom firmware that sn0wbreeze provides or do i have to be on 3.1.2- jailbroken, then upgrade directly to the custom firmware??
2. i see a lot of confusion about the whole MC thing, as long as i know i have the old bootrom, does the MC on my 3GS matter?? i ask this because my 3GS is a MC model however, although i am not sure what my bootrom is, when i was on 3.1.2 i easily was able to jailbreak with either redsn0w or blackra1n...doesn't that mean i do have the older bootrom?? I have never jailbroken with Spirit.
thank you for any help on this matter and sorry if my questions seem a bit naive
06-24-2010, 02:22 AM #176
Put into DFU mode, robotic instructions here: DFU Mode | jailbreakmatrix.com, lol.
On your computer... Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager
Find "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller", subitem Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
Right click, choose Properties, go to Details, select
Device Instance Path from the dropdown box. The end of this info string will tell you the bootrom version, e.g. iBoot-359.3.2
iBoot-359.3.2 is the NEW BOOTROM
iBoot-359.3 is the OLD BOOTROM
Install usbview link: http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities/usbview.zip
Put the iPhone 3GS in DFU Mode DFU Mode | jailbreakmatrix.com
Run the Application usbview
Check if you find:
iBoot-359.3.2 - then its the new bootrom
iBoot-359.3 - is the old one
which-bootrom-do-i-have-3gs | jailbreakmatrix.com
06-24-2010, 02:28 AM #177
FINALLY .. FIGURE IT OUT AND EVERYTHING IS WORKING .. NOW RUNNING iOS 4.0 JB VIA sn0wbreeze.
What I did to accomplish this:
1. Used TinyUmbrella to obtain my SHSH from Cydia for v3.1.2
2. Downloaded the original v3.1.2 from Apple for the iPhone 3G(s)
3. Still using TinyUmbrella, started TSS Server
4. Executed iTunes 9.2 and placed iPhone into Recovery Mode
5. shift+Restore .. selected the original v3.1.2 firmware
6. Although iTunes errored with 1015, exited out and executed Blackra1n
7. Blackra1n successful, iPhone rebooted, verified v3.1.2 was installed and jailbroken.
8. Executed iTunes 9.2 again
9. Placed iPhone into Recovery Mode again
10. shift+Restore and this time selected my "sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS.ipsw" which I had created before from the original iOS 4.0
11. Waited, chewing nails and picking nose ...
12. SUCCESS .. iOS 4.0 JB via sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 is now up and running with my iPhone.
06-24-2010, 02:30 AM #178
Jailbroke my 3g with redsnow and Ios4 works great multitasking,
its strange but my 3g seens to be running faster than when it was not jailbroken
06-24-2010, 02:32 AM #179
06-24-2010, 02:37 AM #180