+ Reply
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
if its 359.3 it can be jailbreaked... damn..
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if its 359.3 it can be jailbreaked... damn..

Thanks

Let me try to spell this out in the most succinct way possible: If your 3G S / G3 iPod Touch was tethered before Spirit was released, you CANNOT update yet because 1. Spirit is now broken by iTunes 9.2 and not compatible with 4.0, and 2. redsn0w, PwnageTool, and sn0wbreeze have not been updated to use the same exploit that Spirit does.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

mister4stars (06-23-2010)

Thanks

Just make sure you use Recovery mode and not DFU!!!!!! Do your thing with sn0wbreeze then hold down shift+ restore and should be good. Everything booted up good and things got synced but when i open cydia, i get a black screen

NVM.......... Needed a total reboot!!
    Last edited by equlizer; 06-23-2010 at 11:15 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmm well I guess it's only a matter of time until a jailbreak for the new bootrom comes out(hopefully sometime soon). Now I'm just wondering if it's worth updating to iOS4 anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mister4stars's Avatar
    Thanks

so what is so bad about SPIRIT? i wish i wouldve never used it cause i don't wanna upgrade to 4.o and be stuck with a "regular" phone. i have a 3gs with the old boot rom, but i did use spirit. is there anyway that i can upgrade to 4.o and then jailbreak my 3gs???
    The General has landed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks guys this worked fine for me

Thanks

For those that updated to 3.13 or had no choice, just wait a week or less and im sure all will be fixed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im updated to 4.0 =) feels faster

Thanks

Again I don't get why mc is the definition of new bootrom. I thought all new bootroms were tethered jbs until spirit came along. So if you were an untethered jb before spirit( say with blackrain or something) wouldn't that indicate you were on the old bootrom regardless of what mc or mb precursor you had on your model num?
    -Luke

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mister4stars View Post
    so what is so bad about SPIRIT? i wish i wouldve never used it cause i don't wanna upgrade to 4.o and be stuck with a "regular" phone. i have a 3gs with the old boot rom, but i did use spirit. is there anyway that i can upgrade to 4.o and then jailbreak my 3gs???
    If You Have The Old Bootrom and Your SHSH blob of 3.1.2 on saurik's server , You Can First Update to Version 4.0 Then By using your shsh blob on saurik's server , downgrade it to 3.1.2 and jailbreak it with blackra1n. Now you are jailbroken again, simply upgrade to a Pwned 4.0 FW. appearnly this works with pwnagetool , i am not sure about sn0wbreeze

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    Again I don't get why mc is the definition of new bootrom. I thought all new bootroms were tethered jbs until spirit came along. So if you were an untethered jb before spirit( say with blackrain or something) wouldn't that indicate you were on the old bootrom regardless of what mc or mb precursor you had on your model num?
    -Luke
    You are absolutely right. However, it's a lot easier to look at two letters on the back of your phone than it is to connect it to your computer and run f0recast.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    how does f0recast work? does it tell if we can jailbreak on 4.0 or the current version we are on?

Thanks

f0recast is not updated for 4.0 or the newest ultrasn0w; however, it still will be able to tell you if your jailbreak is going to be tethered or not, which is the most important thing for the 4.0 jailbreak (users who used to be tethered cannot jailbreak 4.0 AT ALL yet)

Thanks

But my 3gs has a model that starts with MC but was week 37 and is old bootrom. I jb'd it on 3.1.2 with blackrain untethered.

-Luke

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    But my 3gs has a model that starts with MC but was week 37 and is old bootrom. I jb'd it on 3.1.2 with blackrain untethered.

-Luke
    Mm-kay...and...? (You can jailbreak 4.0 if you want.)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

theugly02 (06-24-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The MC thing is just blatantly wrong. There are many of us with MC 3GS phones that have the old bootrom and have never had a problem jailbreaking.

I think the MC thing applies to ipod touch, not iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had previously used the custom firmware that came out earlier today (the one with 5 rapidshare links), but it required me to unlock even though I'm on AT&T.. And, well, I just don't like to unlock if I don't need to.

Just made a custom image with sn0wbreeze and flashed a few moments ago and all is normal again.

I too have an MC serial and everything worked fine, so that is definitely not a deciding factor of new/old bootrom.

Thanks

^so is the serial number thing. I have 17 and the new bootrom.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do we jailbreak iOS4 if our phone is stuck at the SIM activation screen? What do we do after activating it?

Thanks

Sorry I can't post a reply with a quote from my phone. But my point was these statements saying "all mc models are new bootrom" is incorrect. My phone, and 3 other posters in this threa have proven that wrong. I'm not implying you were wrong, just making sure ppl in this thread with mc models who aren't sure if they can use this tool should check the production week also to see if they are new or old bootrom
    -Luke