Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Sn4key View Post
    I got an error message when building the IPSW saying "Could Not Find C:/Users/etc,etc,etc/Resources.zip"

Anyone has a clue on that or I'm just stupid and can't figure out?
    its been updated to 1.6.1 will fix ur problem iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

Quote Originally Posted by matte119 View Post
    Hmm. No support for MC models...SHOCKER! Why won't the devs just wait and release a jailbreak once it can support all models?
    There is no new-iBoot Exploit released public yet, heads up for the geohot one's soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Shady View Post
    Hey guys just a general question- why does it matter if ur 3gs has been jailbroken by spirit before? just wondering thanks
    Yes , it does matter. Spirit is not compatible with Custom Firmware.

Ok I did some searching and found a complete guide to finding which bootrom you have. This is copy and pasted from a thread the post is written by:a_atish007

"Hello guys, i found lots of users worried about finding the BootRom version of their iphones. Here is a solution.

To check iPhone 3G/3GS bootrom version:

Put your iphone in DFU mode.
    (Connect your iPhone to iTunes, turn off, click power+home button for 10 seconds, leave POWER button after 10 seconds, holding HOME button)

iTunes will detect your iPhone in recovery mode.

Go To:

Start->Control Panel->Device Manager

In Universal Serial BUS Controller, you will find Apple Mobile Device USB Driver

Right Click and go to Properties, go to Details tab and select "Device Instance Path" from the drop down list box.

In that information, u will find [iBoot-359.x] at the end."

Worked for me I'm on the new one

5. The Following User Says Thank You to robertr1 For This Useful Post:

PCeasar (06-24-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    For those who want to know if they have old or new bootrom, I remember it was this, look at your 4th and 5th digit on your serial number, for example it is abc23 then you have the old bootrom. The digits stand for the week your iPhone 3gs was produced. 3g and 2g users don't have to worry about bootrom issues. if yours is 39-42 it is not exactly known cuz some have the old and some have new. If it is over 43 then you have the new bootrom. So if yours is 1-38 I guess it is old bootrom, 39-42 it is unclear, and 43+ it is new bootrom.
    Whats strange about this quote is, I have an MC model but my serial number is ABC29, so am I old or new. Guess I'll wait for winterboard support then try.

Anything from Geo? He seems tired of the JB game, people only tweet him for the JB.

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnnylovescookies's Avatar
    Thanks

I created a custom ISPW, but when i try to install it,
    I get all the way done,
    and I get error code 17.
    What do i do?
    Summer Wish-List
    Unlock 3G 3.1.3, 5.12.01 []
    Get a red backplate for my 3g []

so, for iphone 3gs, 3.1.3 bb 5.12.01, can i use sn0wbreeze v1.6 to activate back my iphone which is now in recovery mode?

BTW MC IS NOT ALWAYS NEW BOOTROM i checked mine and i have 3 not 3.2 so thats NOT the deciding factor
    Can't wait for ? ? ? ?

Thanks

But if you have for ex. device from 2010 NOT end of 2009 you can expect new bootrom. I guess. Or am i wrong?

Thanks

Just in the middle of restoring right now with IOS 4.0 on my 3GS with old bootrom. How does multi-tasking become enabled?

I used Sn0wbreeze 1.61 with no problems except it left a snowflake which i didnt want.

Ya the serial number thing is wrong too. The 4th and 5th digit of mine is 17 and I have the new bootrom.

I got my 3GS the day it came out, I used redsn0w to jailbreak 3.1.2 which I'm still using, I was careful not to upgrade my baseband, which is currently 5.11.07, the two digits on my serial are 21, but my model number starts with MC, and it has of course always started with MC.

Supposedly, your not supposed to be able to jailbreak with the "MC" models but I've always done so. I'm assuming I'll be able to jailbreak the new iOS as well. Does my phones stats seem weird to anyone but me?

Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    Just in the middle of restoring right now with IOS 4.0 on my 3GS with old bootrom. How does multi-tasking become enabled?

I used Sn0wbreeze 1.61 with no problems except it left a snowflake which i didnt want.
    Double click home button I believe

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnnylovescookies's Avatar
    Thanks

can anyone help me with error code 17?
    I created a custom ispw
    and tried to install it.
    It almost completes and then gives me error 17,
    Summer Wish-List
    Unlock 3G 3.1.3, 5.12.01 []
    Get a red backplate for my 3g []

Can My iPhone 3GS be Jailbroken by sn0wbreeze? i am on 3.1.3 without a 3.1.2 shsh blob. My Bootrom is 359.3.2 and my serial is MC132**

You can tell if your device is on the new or old bootrom by checking the first two letters of the model. If it starts with MC then it's new if not then it's old.

Quote Originally Posted by PMad View Post
    I got my 3GS the day it came out, I used redsn0w to jailbreak 3.1.2 which I'm still using, I was careful not to upgrade my baseband, which is currently 5.11.07, the two digits on my serial are 21, but my model number starts with MC, and it has of course always started with MC.

Supposedly, your not supposed to be able to jailbreak with the "MC" models but I've always done so. I'm assuming I'll be able to jailbreak the new iOS as well. Does my phones stats seem weird to anyone but me?
    They seem weird to me also, I am in your shoes also
    My 3GS info
    FW = JB 3.1.3
    Serial 4th & 5th number = 31
    Model = MC
    Modem FW = 04.26.08

My iPhone 3GS has firmware 4.0, MC model, serial number 41, iBoot 359.3 in Device Manager (when it was working previously with blackra1n it had untethered jailbreak). If I activate it with an official carrier sim, will I be able to jailbreak and unlock? It's currently stuck on the activate SIM screen.

@icynutty
    No only the old bootrom can be jailbroken. 3.2 is the new bootrom
    I have it too it sucks

Yea buddy iBOOT "359.3]" nothing else. But waiting for winterboard or even Geohot, hell I'll donate again or send him a beer cuz he's a cool dude.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast