+ Reply
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It will, restore (update) to an Official (Stock) 4.0 firmware using iTunes, and all you have to do then is to run Redsn0w 0.9.5 (latest) and jailbreak your iphone, then
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It will, restore (update) to an Official (Stock) 4.0 firmware using iTunes, and all you have to do then is to run Redsn0w 0.9.5 (latest) and jailbreak your iphone, then go to Cydia, \Manage\Sources, click on repo666.ultrasn0w.com source and install UltraSn0w 0.93, and you'll have your device unlocked for any GSM.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

reedy1979 (07-05-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nice thanks very much guys you have a great help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i hope dev team will release untethered jailbreak which wouldn't require you to have 3.1.x SHSHs on file...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manca View Post
    i hope dev team will release untethered jailbreak which wouldn't require you to have 3.1.x SHSHs on file...
    The 3G iPhone doesn't need it, the only ones who do, are the iPhones 3G[S] with new BOOTROM, anyway, the Spirit JB By Comex is being ported to include all devices (including iphone 4, on iOS 4.0)

iPhone? More like MyPhone High_Voltage's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got a dilemma. First off My Model Starts Off with "PC****", My Bootroom is as read in Device manager, "240.5.1"(Pretty old considering i've been restoring and Downgrading a bit). I have another thread descrbing this thoroughly 3.1.2 > 4.0, Snowbreeze It

Here's What I did(If Possible Please post some useful suggestions to make this work)

1.)Download Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2
    2.)Pluged in Itouch(2G), Ran Sn0wbreeze(Also Downloaded, NET Framework with the Breeze' But it wouldnt accept giving me an error basically saying You already have NET Framwork previously installed, then cancels the DownLoad
    3.)Created 3 different ISPW, Just backup if it didnt work first time
    4.)Shift+Click on Restore, Click "Custom Sn0wbreeze-2G Firmware"
    5.)"Verifing Firmware for ipod" (=============)..Done
    6.)"preparing Ipod for Restore" (= = = = = = =)..continuous Preparation
    7.)"Error 1604" retry it over and over, still the same
    8.)Before step #7, i tried put the ipod into Recovery and just leaving it on homescreen to restore

Can Someone plz help me, Really Eager to expierience Ios 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just wondering, we do need the newest version of iTunes to restore to iOS4 and then jailbreak using SnOwBreeze right? Thanks! I am on 3.0 with the non-MC model of the 2nd gen iTouch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by High_Voltage View Post
    I've got a dilemma. First off My Model Starts Off with "PC****", My Bootroom is as read in Device manager, "240.5.1"(Pretty old considering i've been restoring and Downgrading a bit). I have another thread descrbing this thoroughly 3.1.2 > 4.0, Snowbreeze It

Here's What I did(If Possible Please post some useful suggestions to make this work)

1.)Download Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2
    2.)Pluged in Itouch(2G), Ran Sn0wbreeze(Also Downloaded, NET Framework with the Breeze' But it wouldnt accept giving me an error basically saying You already have NET Framwork previously installed, then cancels the DownLoad
    3.)Created 3 different ISPW, Just backup if it didnt work first time
    4.)Shift+Click on Restore, Click "Custom Sn0wbreeze-2G Firmware"
    5.)"Verifing Firmware for ipod" (=============)..Done
    6.)"preparing Ipod for Restore" (= = = = = = =)..continuous Preparation
    7.)"Error 1604" retry it over and over, still the same
    8.)Before step #7, i tried put the ipod into Recovery and just leaving it on homescreen to restore

Can Someone plz help me, Really Eager to expierience Ios 4
    You should have been on an already jailbroken device. What version do you have running right now?
    Use Spirit with it, then Use Sn0wBreeze 1.6.2, once opened it'll ask 'If you used Spirit to JB Click HERE' and go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by rowong View Post
    Just wondering, we do need the newest version of iTunes to restore to iOS4 and then jailbreak using SnOwBreeze right? Thanks! I am on 3.0 with the non-MC model of the 2nd gen iTouch.
    No don't have to, but in order to use the iphone with itunes you do. Meaning, you don't have to have 9.2 for the restore process, but in order to sync it and use it later with 4.0 you have to have itune >9.2.

hope this help,

Thanks

I was and am already jailbroken, I wa using Blackrain to show sn0wbreeze I already was jailbroken, in my post I did describe myself "restoring and downgrading" hint hint. As of tight now, I am on Spirit 3.1.2 But I didn't know it would send a message asking if you are a spirit user?! I'll try it out.

I wish IREB was fully functional....
    Last edited by High_Voltage; 07-06-2010 at 09:28 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    The 3G iPhone doesn't need it, the only ones who do, are the iPhones 3G[S] with new BOOTROM, anyway, the Spirit JB By Comex is being ported to include all devices (including iphone 4, on iOS 4.0)
    Hey, does anybody knows if the new tool will provide hacktivation? Like the mighty Blackra1n?

I really need this

Thanks!

Thanks

Which device? Which version are you currently using? Which tool did you talk about? Which blobs do you have saved?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    Which device? Which version are you currently using? Which tool did you talk about? Which blobs do you have saved?
    Sorry me for not providing any sense at all :P

I have a 3GS, new iBoot (359.3.2). With 3.1.2. JB probably done with Spirit. I bought it already JB.

All was perfect till I started to realize my options to reinstall it were almost none.

The dumbs that sold it to me were to lazy and they saved the blobs for 3.1.3.

So I can restore it to 3.1.3, a stock one, cause of the new iBoot. No problem as the new utrlasn0w handles the 5.12BB.

However as my phone is from outside my country and I dont know the company I will not be able to activate it. And Spirit only works on activated phones.

That's why I'm anxious to know if the new spirit will bring that feature (hacktivation) as the Blackra1n has.

Thanks!

Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS Old Bootrom MB718LL iOS4
    Hi guys i have been given an iphone from states side, that is Unlocked and not sure if it has ever been jailbroken before.

It's an iPhone 3GS
    Version 4.0(8A293)
    Model MB718LL
    Modem Firmware 05.13.04

My question is can this be Jailbroken? As for SH Blobs, as mentioned earlier am not sure if it has ever been jailbroken before, or SH Blobs saved elsewhere. For now lets assume never.

Kindly advise if the Snowbreeze 1.6 method mentioned at he start can work on this, or which other method would work.

Cheers.

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for.
    Socrates

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rawland View Post
    My understanding is that ALL MC models, regardless of serial numbers, have new bootrom and cannot yet be jb'd.
    Just iPods. Not iPhones. I am about to take the plunge into 4.0 on my 3GS.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 07-08-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks

Well i cant seem to get Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4 to work("Waiting for reboot error") and sn0wbreeze ISPWs wont restore as i keep getting error "1604" and "1601" over and over restoring with 4.0 .

I have an Ipod Touch 2G
    Version 3.1.2(7D11)
    Model PC08***

I do have one question, is "PC" in my model of itouch considered "MC", not sure, but if it does have to do with "MC", this would explain as to why i cant seem to Jailbreak, THX in advance for helping.

+ Reply
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829