Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

Ive got an Issue.

Got an 3Gs, Restored to a Fresh 3.1.2, JB with Blackra1n. custom ISPW created. iPhone put into Recovery mode and Shift+Restore in iTunes and selecting the new Firmware.

Im getting Error "2" during this process, anything know what the problem is?

Quote Originally Posted by nicksk8er414 View Post
    question, what if you are jailbroken with spirit? do you restore to 4.0 then again to jailbreak? or is there no solution
    As I understand if you use Spirit then you are totally screwed as far as upgrading to iOS4 is concerned. If you want to keep your OS at 3.x, JB and unlocked then use Spirit. Remember, the guy who created Spirit is not committing to do a JB for ios 4. You will be stuck at his mercy.
    I just reset my iphone to stock 3.1.3. I will not JB or unlock until a serious JB is available for 3GS, new and old bootrom, all firwares whatever other BS they use to describe a damn phone. So far it is just a joke. All the pre-requisites are annoying as hell and no one not answer a question.
    Last edited by rmathew_99; 06-24-2010 at 03:12 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Here is what you have to do if you have a 3GS OLD BOOT

1. Downgrade to 3.1.2

To do this, you MUST have your SHSH blobs either on Cydia or your local machine.

2. Jailbreak via Blackra1n

3. Download iOS4

4. Download Sn0wbreeze

5. Create your custom iOS4 firmware

6. Hold "Shift" while in iTunes 9.2

7. Select the custom iOS4 firmware you created with Sn0wbreeze

8. Let the iPhone 3GS restore

9. Have fun with your jailbroken iOS4 on a 3GS.

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post

1. Downgrade to 3.1.2

To do this, you MUST have your SHSH blobs either on Cydia or your local machine.

3. Download iOS4

4. Download Sn0wbreeze

Thanks, so essentially there is still NO jb for 3.1.3 or 4.0. I don't know what the hype is all about on Modmyi and Redmondpie. Anything above 3.1.2 can take a flying leap for now. Its like people stopped buying iphones 6 months ago after 3.1.3 was released.
    Correct me if I am wrong. Please...
    Last edited by rmathew_99; 06-24-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    ok but my previous (3.1.3) was spirit. how do i get around this to upgrade to ios4 and jailbreak again?
    If you have used Spirit on your Iphone , then you are stucked. You cannot use cfw made by Pwnage or Snowbreeze eventhough you have the oldbootrom, you will just keep getting errors.

Quote Originally Posted by bratosab View Post
    Hey,

just wanted to let people who have the error 1600 while trying to restore the custom 4.0, I tried in full recovery mode and got the error, then tried while the iphone was on and plugged in.... worked like a charm, I dont know why....
    Juat wondering what he is talking about, can't understand , so can't answer.
    Last edited by iYeow; 06-24-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Bottom line is 95% of iphone users are old bootrom 3GS or older (2g or 3g ect....) so theirs not a huge rush to reinvite an entire new code and program for a small number of ppl.
    I'd say that there is a large amount of people that have a 3Gs with a new bootrom, and there are thousands already that have an iPhone 4. You seriously think that dev's should just forget about creating jailbreaks for the new users? Just cause you think your so special by having an older phone than some of us. You've gotta be pretty ignorant to be saying that, and I really don't think you realize, but your comment ticks off lots of people. Not just me.

If you had a new 3Gs or an iPhone 4, you'd feel left out too, just like THOUSANDS of us feel right now, with all the jailbreaks only catering to older phones!
    Last edited by tamaysz; 06-24-2010 at 03:43 PM.
    Please hit the Thanks Button if I've helped you out or if you agree with my post.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tamaysz For This Useful Post:

WCR46 (06-24-2010)

1. Downgrade to 3.1.2

3. Download iOS4

4. Download Sn0wbreeze

is there supposed to be a step between 5 and 6 of putting the phone in recovery mode or is that not needed?

-Luke

Will snowbreeze 1.6 be able to jailbreak the following device and keep my phone currently unlocked?

3GS jailbroken with redsnow
    OS version 3.0.1
    Firmware 4.26.08

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicksk8er414 View Post
    question, what if you are jailbroken with spirit? do you restore to 4.0 then again to jailbreak? or is there no solution
    Nope, you will be screwed if you do that.

Um so I used spirit to jb my iphone 3gs on firmware 3.1.3 with new bootrom. I know I'm screwed when it comes to jb iOS4 on it. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me how I would go about unjailbreaking or whatever I have to do so I can put iOS4 on my iphone. Again I don't care if I can't jailreak with the new bootrom yet I just want iOS4 on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneness View Post
    Will snowbreeze 1.6 be able to jailbreak the following device and keep my phone currently unlocked?

3GS jailbroken with redsnow
    OS version 3.0.1
    Firmware 4.26.08
    Yes, you can use SnowBreeze 1.6.1 to restore to iOS 4.0 and you can install Ultrasn0w to unlock. Your BB will always stay the same, it is almost like official unlock, even better because you have the old bootrom.

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    Um so I used spirit to jb my iphone 3gs on firmware 3.1.3 with new bootrom. I know I'm screwed when it comes to jb iOS4 on it. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me how I would go about unjailbreaking or whatever I have to do so I can put iOS4 on my iphone. Again I don't care if I can't jailreak with the new bootrom yet I just want iOS4 on it.
    Just restore to stock iOS 4.0 if you just want the new feature and don't care about jailbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by rmathew_99 View Post
    Dazzer1983,
    Thanks for the response. I am not sure if you read my first post. There is too much mixed information out there I was told that "Using your blobs, restore to CUSTOM 3.1.3 made by Sn0wBreeze Or PwnageTools, And then you should restore with CUSTOM 4.0 to get your device on 4.0 Jailbroken."

My configuration is
    3GS, 3.1.3 (7E18), Firmware 5.12.1, MB715LL model and JBroken with Spirit. Since this morning I have restored to base 3.1.3.

Am I still screwed. Is Spirit is the only option? I hate Spirit because I can't go to 4.
    Please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks
    You are not really screwed, just stay jailbroken and unlocked at 3.1.3 for now until they released a new exploit for iOS 4.0
    Last edited by iYeow; 06-24-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

rmathew_99 (06-24-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tamaysz View Post
    I'd say that there is a large amount of people that have a 3Gs with a new bootrom, and there are thousands already that have an iPhone 4. You seriously think that dev's should just forget about creating jailbreaks for the new users? Just cause you think your so special by having an older phone than some of us. You've gotta be pretty ignorant to be saying that, and I really don't think you realize, but your comment ticks off lots of people. Not just me.

If you had a new 3Gs or an iPhone 4, you'd feel left out too, just like THOUSANDS of us feel right now, with all the jailbreaks only catering to older phones!
    your not being left out either and neither are the iphone 4's... it will just take longer... Geohot has said hes not planning any jailbreak soon but he is working on pwned4life wich will but not anytime soon. And iphone 4's will just have too wait just like 3gs owners did.. when i got the 3gs the day it was release it took almost 3 moths for geohot to decide dev team was taking too long and came out with blackra1n lol and it will be the same for newer 3gs and iphone4's

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    is there supposed to be a step between 5 and 6 of putting the phone in recovery mode or is that not needed?

-Luke
    i didnt put it in recovery mode and it worked but i hear some ppl may have to but i found that MOST ppl that are complaing that this doesnt work are those that have no clue what their doing and what version of iphone 3gs they really have lol
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 06-24-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Just restore to stock iOS 4.0 if you just want the new feature and don't care about jailbreaking.
    I thought if I updated to itunes 9.2 and I had a spirit jailbroken iphone it caused an ifinite boot loop or something along those lines.

the real question is why was spirit ever released if it is creating more trouble for people with 3.1.3?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post

-Luke
    To answer your question, the trick is here,
    if you are downgrading, you have to put it in DFU mode.
    If you are upgrading or restoring to the same version and if your Iphone is in working condition, you do not need DFU or Recovery mode.
    If your Iphone is stuck and not working or your Iphone is bootable but freezes at times and you are restoring to the same version, you have to put your Iphone in Recovery mode.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaysz View Post

I agree with you 100%. They have been playing these games. I can't believe geohot who created Spirit and now refuses to do anything to update it for ios4. It was supposed to be temp fix until ios4 came.
    I hate myself for donating $ to him.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmathew_99 For This Useful Post:

tamaysz (06-24-2010), WCR46 (06-24-2010)

Man I'm totally baffled. I have a 3G3, firmware 3.1.2, jailbroken with blackrain (on a PC) many months ago. Can I qualify for this jailbreak if I upgrade to 4.0? Or is it even worth it? Should I just wait for an easier, all purpose solution? I don't want to unlock or anything, just jailbreak. Thanks in advance for any thoughts anyone may have...

I just need some clarification, I've got a 3.1.3 3gs that i want to jb with spirit and unlock with ultrasn0w. I KNOW that means I can't jb 4.0 but I can't anyways from 3.1.3. My question is does spirit make it even MORE difficult to jb 4.0. Does it do something permanent to the phone that a restore can't fix?

People just seem so adamant about not using spirit I just need to know if there's something I'm missing. Thanks! And good luck to everyone.

Ok so I've decided I'll try restoring my iphone. Is there a way I can saved all my jailbroken apps and themes and other stuff before I restore it?

Also, don't use spirit it's causing much more trouble then it's worth. All I know so far is I can't update to itunes 9.2 because my iphone is jailbroken with spirit and if I did have the old bootrom I couldn't jb it anyway because I jb it with spirit. Just use blackra1n or something.
    Last edited by robertr1; 06-24-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    Ok so I've decided I'll try restoring my iphone. Is there a way I can saved all my jailbroken apps and themes and other stuff before I restore it?

Also, don't use spirit it's causing much more trouble then it's worth. All I know so far is I can't update to itunes 9.2 because my iphone is jailbroken with spirit and if I did have the old bootrom I couldn't jb it anyway because I jb it with spirit. Just use blackra1n or something.
    Thanks to Dev team for providing that all important update. They had Spirit on their site on the front page and now they built a tool that does not work with it. GREAT!!!!
    I did my reset and I sure it got rid of that crape.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast