Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

Tried to use this for a test but the temp path is hardcoded to part of the user profile path which has been moved on my Win7 install. Falls over at build time.

Quote Originally Posted by GMA's Iphoner View Post
    Yes my phone is currently working in 3.1.2 unlocked and JB with utltrasnow working with cydia.
    How did you JailBreak (Cydia) it? is it with Spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by 05VIII View Post
    wow, everyone is confusing me. I have an MC model 3gs and my bootrom is 359.3 the fourth and fith numbers are 39.
    so from what i understand is, if you have an MC model you cant jailbreak yet. if you have the old bootrom 359.3 then you can jailbreak. i have both so wtf? im on 3.1.3 and have upgraded to 4.0 to check it out but have downgraded back to 3.1.3. i can only jailbreak with spirit. i guess ill just leave it alone till something new comes out.
    MC does not mean you have a new bootrom. If per your saying your bootrom is 359.3 you have the old bootrom and you can safely use procedure posted to JB iOS4. Of course if you wish to hold on is fine by me. Its your iPhone in the first place. I would try it though. I already did it on my 3G but its my 2nd device my primary is a 3GS with new bootrom 359.3.2

Quote Originally Posted by dallaspowers View Post
    Why the F@#$ cant I find the iphone 3g 4.0 ipsw download for windows!?! Ive looked everywhere and I can not find it! Please somebody help!
    Take it easy buddy. Here you are
    Download iOS 4.0 Firmware for iPhone and iPod touch | Redmond Pie
    Last edited by maggel; 06-24-2010 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to maggel For This Useful Post:

dallaspowers (06-24-2010)

also no support for ipod touch 3g

Quote Originally Posted by GMA's Iphoner View Post
    Ok sn0wbreeze says it failed because "could not find file 'c:/users/******/appdata/local/temp/sn0wbreeze/resources.zip'" not sure?? I re downloaded it and still nothing. any ideas.
    I think you have to change the extension of the firmware you downloaded from .zip to .ipsw. You could try that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    How did you JailBreak (Cydia) it? is it with Spirit?
    No I downgraded using the tutorial in the forums section.

Click here to see the thread

I then used redsn0w to jailbreak, and then installed ultrasnow via cydia to unlock.

Now need to get snowbreeze to work with windows 7.

Thanks to all on this great site for helping others out.

I am just so sorry. We have at the moment 3 or maybe 4 jailbreaks that only support 2g 3g and other idevices. What about 3GS(Screw the Old Bootroom)? Is it hard? Did someone even announce that they are making it?

Question guys: I have a never been jailbroken/unlocked iphone 3gs, can i use snowbreeze to jailbreak it? Then after i jailbreak it what do i need to unlock it then? Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by maggel View Post
    MC does not mean you have a new bootrom. If per your saying your bootrom is 359.3 you have the old bootrom and you can safely use procedure posted to JB iOS4. Of course if you wish to hold on is fine by me. Its your iPhone in the first place. I would try it though. I already did it on my 3G but its my 2nd device my primary is a 3GS with new bootrom 359.3.2
    any advice on how to do this? i have tried everyway possible i can think of. i only have 3.1.3 shsh. dont have 3.1.2, could that be y?theres no other jailbreak besides spirit rite? and spirit JB wont work with sn0breez?

where can I download OS4 IPSW? I have downloaded it through iTunes but I need to know where it is to jailbreak. Cheers

EDIT: just saw this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by maggel View Post

Take it easy buddy. Here you are
    Download iOS 4.0 Firmware for iPhone and iPod touch | Redmond Pie

Also, every time I post, I get this error:

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters"

I have to leave WYSIWYG before it will allow me to post??

I got the following...

16Gb 3GS

Was on JB'd blackra1n 3.1.2, updated to 4.0.

Phone is...

Model: MC
    Bootrom: 359.3 (old)
    Week 26 build

So old bootrom on MC

When i run sn0wbreeze it says my device cannot be jailbroken, and says failed to find resources.zip as well.

Any ideas?

Question guys: I have a never been jailbroken/unlocked iphone 3gs, can i use snowbreeze to jailbreak it? Then after i jailbreak it what do i need to unlock it then? Thank you so much!

Im Confused.

I have a 3GS with the Old bootrom, but running 3.1.3 Jailbroke by Spirit.

The guide says do not upgrade if its been dony by Spirit.

Can i Restore my phone (to effectly remove Spirit and Jailbreak), and then start fresh and update to iOS 4.0?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

FOR FUCKS SAKE! Would you guys do some ******* research, any 3GS can be jailbroken unless the model number starts with MC. It's that simple. No please stop spamming the thread. We all had to learn at some point but honestly, just ******* Google something like "3GS bootrom" and read what it says.

For more information check out Redmond Pie.com, its a great website for jailbreak info and tutorials for all you n00b5
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Is this true that won't be geohot's JB?? I read his twitter, and i do not belive =((

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

^^what a twat! Googling conflicting information for a noob is hardly gonna help him now, is it?
    Last edited by iMack007; 06-24-2010 at 05:56 AM.
    3G vs 3G'S' is like comparing a standard BMW to an 'M-Tech' version of the same car. They pretty much look identical, but it's whole 'nother beast beneath the shell.
    The 'S' is for 'Sheer' Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    FOR FUCKS SAKE! Would you guys do some ******* research, any 3GS can be jailbroken unless the model number starts with MC. It's that simple. No please stop spamming the thread. We all had to learn at some point but honestly, just ******* Google something like "3GS bootrom" and read what it says.

For more information check out Redmond Pie.com, its a great website for jailbreak info and tutorials for all you n00b5
    Not quite true tho, ive jailbroken my 3Gs on various firmwares on the model MC.

Or are you saying its just for 4.0?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys
    My iPhone 3GS (32GB, white) has the part no. MC142XX/X. Could you tell me if it has got the new bootrom ? I bought it in july 2009, currently jailbroken with iPhone OS 3.0.0.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by n0pt3x View Post
    hey guys
    My iPhone 3GS (32GB, white) has the part no. MC142XX/X. Could you tell me if it has got the new bootrom ? I bought it in july 2009, currently jailbroken with iPhone OS 3.0.0.
    cheers
    I'm almost sure you've got the old one, but thats not the way to check, (MC is the distinction for the iPod Touch not iPhone) anyway, you should check out the fourth and fifth digits in your serial number aaa##aaaaaaaaa the "##" if the ## is less than 39 so you're absolutely on an old bootrom.

Press thanks if I deserve it!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

n0pt3x (06-24-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    I'm almost sure you've got the old one, but thats not the way to check, (MC is the distinction for the iPod Touch not iPhone) anyway, you should check out the fourth and fifth digits in your serial number aaa##aaaaaaaaa the "##" if the ## is less than 39 so you're absolutely on an old bootrom.

Press thanks if I deserve it!
    Hey thanks
    The 4+5 digits are 22 so I've got an old bootrom YAY !
    And as you deserved it I pressed thanks ^^
    cheers

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast