Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-24-2010, 03:40 AM #181
When will we see a device wide jailbreak, its well frustrating having the newest bootrom16GB iPhone 4
160GB Black iPod Classic
16GB iPhone 3GS
60GB iPod Classic
80GB iPod Classic
120GB iPod Classic
06-24-2010, 03:52 AM #182
so from what i understand is, if you have an MC model you cant jailbreak yet. if you have the old bootrom 359.3 then you can jailbreak. i have both so wtf? im on 3.1.3 and have upgraded to 4.0 to check it out but have downgraded back to 3.1.3. i can only jailbreak with spirit. i guess ill just leave it alone till something new comes out.
06-24-2010, 03:56 AM #183
Why the F@#$ cant I find the iphone 3g 4.0 ipsw download for windows!?! Ive looked everywhere and I can not find it! Please somebody help!
06-24-2010, 04:00 AM #184
The Following User Says Thank You to lividian1 For This Useful Post:
06-24-2010, 04:00 AM #185
06-24-2010, 04:04 AM #186
OK well first let me say thanks to everyones hard work. I have unlocked dozens of phones for me and my friends and this one has me stumped. I have windows 7 and I have succeeded in downgrading to 3.1.2 but I cannot get the phone out of DFU mode with RecBoot. I have installed the Libusb and I have 4.0 framework, I click on the program the GUI interface comes up and I click "Exit Recovery Mode" it says "Done" but nothing happens any suggestions?
06-24-2010, 04:06 AM #187
The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:
06-24-2010, 04:10 AM #188
I'm having a ton of problems getting to iOS4 on my 3gs for some reason. I re-jailbroke the phone using sn0wbreeze using the custom 3.1.3 firmware and then tried to use the most current sn0wbreeze to upgrade to 4.0, and got an unknown error (dont remember exactly which one). So I downgraded to 3.1.2, then tried again with no luck. I then restored the unit to stock 3.1.2 firmware, jailbroke with blackra1n, and attempted to JB with snowbreeze again and i'm getting an unknown error (1), of which I can find no information about. It seems no matter what I do once I try and go to iOS4 I end up with a (1) unknown error. Anyone have any info on this?
I've tried all of these steps in recovery and DFU mode. I have blobs recorded through cydia, and my hostfile redirected. Do you think trying pwnage tool on my mac will make a difference?
06-24-2010, 04:17 AM #189
lol i have the iphone 4 now Jailbreak support?
06-24-2010, 04:18 AM #190Help
Ok guys I need lil help, I have moved to Europe, and I have locked At&t Iphone 3GS,version 3.1.3(7E18), baseband 05.12.01, Serial number 4th and 5th numbers are 36, I have never jailbroke it or anything.....
Can I unlock the sucker or I have to wait, and If do what do you think how much longer???????
06-24-2010, 04:22 AM #191
Anyways... I just updated to 4.0 with sn0wbreeze without a problem, as long as your good at following directions it should be easy.
I was originally jailbroken on 3.1.2 with blackra1n, restored back to the stock 3.1.2 just to make sure nothing went wrong, setup my phone as a new phone just to be sure, jailbroke it again with blackra1n, used expert mode in sn0wbreeze to make my custom firmware, updated itunes to 9.2, put the phone in recovery mode, then restored with the custom firmware.
Real simple, some of you guys on here started to scare me and I thought something was going to go wrong, but nope.
The Following User Says Thank You to C1KK For This Useful Post:
06-24-2010, 04:22 AM #192
Took me a couple of hours because I didn't download anything to begin with really. It's kind of frustrating to not have my old theme be compatible yet. Anyway, here was my process.
1. Had 3GS old bootrom unlocked with ultrasn0w and jailbroken with spirit.
*Upgraded to iTunes 9.2 and Backed up iPhone in iTunes first*
2. Used the SHSH for 3.1.2 and "host" trick to restore to 3.1.2.
3. Had to use ireb to get it out of the restore loop.
4. Newest redsn0w wouldn't work, didn't recognize 3.1.2 ipsw (on vista?) and blackra1n kept crashing too (vista issue also?) so I used 0.9.3 beta of redsn0w which recognized the 3.1.2 firmware.
5. Unlocked with newest ultrasn0w by adding the 666 repo.
6. Did the carrier settings update from 3.1.2 for mms and tether and then installed the peacefulinsanity mobileconfig file.
7. Downloaded the 4.0 ipsw and used sn0wbreeze to make my custom ipsw.
Jailbroken, tethered, unlocked (haven't tested w/ another sim yet).
Thank you modmyi.com and everyone's hard work. I am content.
Now there's the touch decision to get sell this phone and get the iphone 4...
06-24-2010, 04:28 AM #193
i have an iphone with 3.1.3 OS
Jailbroken with Snowbreeze
Modem Firmware 04.26.08
can i upgrade to iOS 4.0 using snowbreeze 1.6?
plz guys help
06-24-2010, 04:28 AM #194
Once you finish downloading it, follow direction below:
If you're on iTunes 9.2 then you gonna have to open a folder and navigate to
CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support
CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support **64bit PC
1. Create a folder in this directory call "bin" (lower case)
2. Copy all files in this folder to the bin folder
3. Launch Quickpwn and do what it say "Restart iPhone"
4. Press ok and ok and close quickpwn
5. go into the bin folder and move them all back to their perspective place
***Your iphone should be okay now
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmikey05 For This Useful Post:
06-24-2010, 04:41 AM #195
06-24-2010, 04:44 AM #196
I FINALLY got my phone working. Here's the combo that worked for me and resolved my unknown (1600)/(1) errors:
1) put phone in recovery mode (connect to computer while off holding the home key)
2) Restore phone to official 3.1.2 firmware via itunes (requires your shshs on file on cydia)
3) after reboot unit is stuck on recovery screen, run blackra1n RC3(?) and jailbreak
4) create custom firmware using pwnage tool 4.01 on mac
5) restore unit on mac using custom firmware
06-24-2010, 04:49 AM #197
Ok sn0wbreeze says it failed because "could not find file 'c:/users/******/appdata/local/temp/sn0wbreeze/resources.zip'" not sure?? I re downloaded it and still nothing. any ideas.
06-24-2010, 04:49 AM #198
06-24-2010, 04:52 AM #199
06-24-2010, 04:53 AM #200