Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wBreeze 1.6 Released : Jailbreak iOS 4 for Windows

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

When will we see a device wide jailbreak, its well frustrating having the newest bootrom
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by maggel View Post
    These are the only ways to check your BootRom for sure.

Method 1
    Put into DFU mode, robotic instructions here: DFU Mode | jailbreakmatrix.com, lol.
    On your computer... Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager
    Find "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller", subitem Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
    Right click, choose Properties, go to Details, select
    Device Instance Path from the dropdown box. The end of this info string will tell you the bootrom version, e.g. iBoot-359.3.2

iBoot-359.3.2 is the NEW BOOTROM
    iBoot-359.3 is the OLD BOOTROM

Method 2
    Install usbview link: http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities/usbview.zip
    Put the iPhone 3GS in DFU Mode DFU Mode | jailbreakmatrix.com
    Run the Application usbview
    Check if you find:

iBoot-359.3.2 - then its the new bootrom
    iBoot-359.3 - is the old one

Source
    which-bootrom-do-i-have-3gs | jailbreakmatrix.com
    wow, everyone is confusing me. I have an MC model 3gs and my bootrom is 359.3 the fourth and fith numbers are 39.
    so from what i understand is, if you have an MC model you cant jailbreak yet. if you have the old bootrom 359.3 then you can jailbreak. i have both so wtf? im on 3.1.3 and have upgraded to 4.0 to check it out but have downgraded back to 3.1.3. i can only jailbreak with spirit. i guess ill just leave it alone till something new comes out.

Why the F@#$ cant I find the iphone 3g 4.0 ipsw download for windows!?! Ive looked everywhere and I can not find it! Please somebody help!

Quote Originally Posted by PCeasar View Post
    Before I JB, does anyone know what other apps dont work beside Winterboard, from what I heard it doesn't work?

Last time we had a whole thread for us to keep track.

The Official iOS 4.0 Compatibility List

The Official iOS 4.0 Compatibility List!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lividian1 For This Useful Post:

PCeasar (06-24-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by juejuebees View Post
    My model number is MC but my 4th/5th number in my serial is 32, and i currently have an untethered Jailbreak on my 3.1.2, so I'm assuming it'll work for me....
    You're ok to go when people saying MC Model, they're talkin about the iPodTouch. If your fourth and fifth digits are 32, then go ahead.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    OK well first let me say thanks to everyones hard work. I have unlocked dozens of phones for me and my friends and this one has me stumped. I have windows 7 and I have succeeded in downgrading to 3.1.2 but I cannot get the phone out of DFU mode with RecBoot. I have installed the Libusb and I have 4.0 framework, I click on the program the GUI interface comes up and I click "Exit Recovery Mode" it says "Done" but nothing happens any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by GMA's Iphoner View Post
    OK well first let me say thanks to everyones hard work. I have unlocked dozens of phones for me and my friends and this one has me stumped. I have windows 7 and I have succeeded in downgrading to 3.1.2 but I cannot get the phone out of DFU mode with RecBoot. I have installed the Libusb and I have 4.0 framework, I click on the program the GUI interface comes up and I click "Exit Recovery Mode" it says "Done" but nothing happens any suggestions?
    Hold the BOTH Power + Home BUTTONS for 15-20 sec. and you'll press Thanks!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

GMA's Iphoner (06-24-2010)

I'm having a ton of problems getting to iOS4 on my 3gs for some reason. I re-jailbroke the phone using sn0wbreeze using the custom 3.1.3 firmware and then tried to use the most current sn0wbreeze to upgrade to 4.0, and got an unknown error (dont remember exactly which one). So I downgraded to 3.1.2, then tried again with no luck. I then restored the unit to stock 3.1.2 firmware, jailbroke with blackra1n, and attempted to JB with snowbreeze again and i'm getting an unknown error (1), of which I can find no information about. It seems no matter what I do once I try and go to iOS4 I end up with a (1) unknown error. Anyone have any info on this?

I've tried all of these steps in recovery and DFU mode. I have blobs recorded through cydia, and my hostfile redirected. Do you think trying pwnage tool on my mac will make a difference?

lol i have the iphone 4 now Jailbreak support?

Default Help
    Ok guys I need lil help, I have moved to Europe, and I have locked At&t Iphone 3GS,version 3.1.3(7E18), baseband 05.12.01, Serial number 4th and 5th numbers are 36, I have never jailbroke it or anything.....

Can I unlock the sucker or I have to wait, and If do what do you think how much longer???????

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I couldn't use anything to get out of recovery mode on 64bit Windows 7, I had to use a 32bit version of Windows, so if that's your case try using a friends computer.

Anyways... I just updated to 4.0 with sn0wbreeze without a problem, as long as your good at following directions it should be easy.

I was originally jailbroken on 3.1.2 with blackra1n, restored back to the stock 3.1.2 just to make sure nothing went wrong, setup my phone as a new phone just to be sure, jailbroke it again with blackra1n, used expert mode in sn0wbreeze to make my custom firmware, updated itunes to 9.2, put the phone in recovery mode, then restored with the custom firmware.

Real simple, some of you guys on here started to scare me and I thought something was going to go wrong, but nope.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to C1KK For This Useful Post:

Amaaaazing.

Took me a couple of hours because I didn't download anything to begin with really. It's kind of frustrating to not have my old theme be compatible yet. Anyway, here was my process.

1. Had 3GS old bootrom unlocked with ultrasn0w and jailbroken with spirit.

*Upgraded to iTunes 9.2 and Backed up iPhone in iTunes first*

2. Used the SHSH for 3.1.2 and "host" trick to restore to 3.1.2.
    3. Had to use ireb to get it out of the restore loop.
    4. Newest redsn0w wouldn't work, didn't recognize 3.1.2 ipsw (on vista?) and blackra1n kept crashing too (vista issue also?) so I used 0.9.3 beta of redsn0w which recognized the 3.1.2 firmware.
    5. Unlocked with newest ultrasn0w by adding the 666 repo.
    6. Did the carrier settings update from 3.1.2 for mms and tether and then installed the peacefulinsanity mobileconfig file.
    7. Downloaded the 4.0 ipsw and used sn0wbreeze to make my custom ipsw.

Jailbroken, tethered, unlocked (haven't tested w/ another sim yet).

Thank you modmyi.com and everyone's hard work. I am content.

Now there's the touch decision to get sell this phone and get the iphone 4...

Dear All!
    Hi there

i have an iphone with 3.1.3 OS
    Jailbroken with Snowbreeze
    Model MB489B
    Modem Firmware 04.26.08

Simple Question!

can i upgrade to iOS 4.0 using snowbreeze 1.6?

plz guys help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ahh, you can use quickpwn 2.2.5.1. Google for it.
    Once you finish downloading it, follow direction below:

If you're on iTunes 9.2 then you gonna have to open a folder and navigate to
    CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support
    CProgram Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support **64bit PC
    1. Create a folder in this directory call "bin" (lower case)
    2. Copy all files in this folder to the bin folder
    3. Launch Quickpwn and do what it say "Restart iPhone"
    4. Press ok and ok and close quickpwn
    5. go into the bin folder and move them all back to their perspective place
    ***Your iphone should be okay now

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mrmikey05 For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    Hold the BOTH Power + Home BUTTONS for 15-20 sec. and you'll press Thanks!
    Thanks alot but still did not work... I think I have the newer bootrom and that is why it is not working... I will keep trying thanks again.

I FINALLY got my phone working. Here's the combo that worked for me and resolved my unknown (1600)/(1) errors:

1) put phone in recovery mode (connect to computer while off holding the home key)
    2) Restore phone to official 3.1.2 firmware via itunes (requires your shshs on file on cydia)
    3) after reboot unit is stuck on recovery screen, run blackra1n RC3(?) and jailbreak
    4) create custom firmware using pwnage tool 4.01 on mac
    5) restore unit on mac using custom firmware
    6) sleep

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok sn0wbreeze says it failed because "could not find file 'c:/users/******/appdata/local/temp/sn0wbreeze/resources.zip'" not sure?? I re downloaded it and still nothing. any ideas.

Thanks alot but still did not work... I think I have the newer bootrom and that is why it is not working... I will keep trying thanks again.
    Did you try restoring it to 3.1.2/3 while in DFU?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    Did you try restoring it to 3.1.2/3 while in DFU?
    Yes my phone is currently working in 3.1.2 unlocked and JB with utltrasnow working with cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by skittulici View Post
    I have 359.3.2 just found out..
    So it means that I have to wait until Geohot will move his ars back to USA and start working to something? I saw on his tweets that he is not working on anything right now and that he is not planning anything yet..

Thanks by the way
    Or if spirit gets updated so as to include unlucky us with the new bootrom.

Welcome BTW

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast