+ Reply
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Say What?! iPhone 4 Loses Reception Bars When Held by the Antenna Band?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
lmao
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lmao

Thanks

I don't get why Apple has to release everything when something is wrong with the product. They seriously didn't notice that stuff and fix it before they released it? very unprofessional.

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Don't you think this is the worst time for Apple to pull something like this? This will harm them severely marketing wise since this is the initial release of iPhone 4.
    When is there a better time? They have the fact it's a new product launch and it could be excused simply saying "bugs happen", probably they could even spin it positive for them as for how fast they address the issue (edit assuming it is software/baseband issue)
    Last edited by katmeef; 06-23-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Thanks
    Ok guys calm up. I've managed to somewhat diagnose the problem. If u touch the metal case (on the 3G, 3GS, or 4g. I've tried it on all) it drops the signal inevitably. I is obviously a hardware issue and is now not noticeable due to te fact that the 4g has a bigger metal casing and in a place where ppl would obviously put there hands to hold the phone. It may be temporarily fixed with a software update but it will only be fixed by a case or hardware change

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mine doesn't do this. Mine has however muted and put my call on hold accidentally though. I think they need to re-tweak the "face sensor" software just a bit. I have ZERO regrets with this phone. It's really great! The most amazing thing coming from a 3G is really the screen. It's just amazing.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Knowing Apple, its software. Although I am /super/ worried because I'm off to buy mine soon. I did plan on buying a bumper, but I'm not if they may give them later to me for free.

But, if it is a circuit problem, a thin plastic coating should be able to be applied that would stop the issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just verified the issue on my iPhone 4 and my wife's. Wow retards designed this thing.

I put our old 3G silicon cases on them and the issue issue is no longer present.....

Plus it makes our phones look like the the long lost prototype....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Are you guys buying cases made for the iPhone 4 or are you using cases made for the 3GS as a stand in? Because I'd like find a good case soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just tried the same thing on my 3GS rite now and the same thing happens. I thought something was up because i always have full signal. I never had this problem ever before 4.0 so it may be the software.

Thanks

If this is a real problem and even if Apple didn't know about it they do now. There has to be some law against selling defective products with knowledge of their problems. This will be interesting in the next few days. Maybe "FREE BUMPERS FOR ALL!" Not sure I would purchase a product tomorrow knowing there is a problem today. Dosn't seem to be the concensus on this site though. Can't wait to hear the official Apple explanation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

WoW This is a major problem. I bet worse is more to come with Apple & AT&T. Hopefully it's just a software problem not a hardware.

Thanks

Well if this is of any use I can't replicate the problem holding it a lot of different ways(including the ways in all the videos) on my 3gs with modem 5.12.01.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to robertr1 For This Useful Post:

john876 (06-24-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daxter146 View Post
    Ok guys calm up. I've managed to somewhat diagnose the problem. If u touch the metal case (on the 3G, 3GS, or 4g. I've tried it on all) it drops the signal inevitably. I is obviously a hardware issue and is now not noticeable due to te fact that the 4g has a bigger metal casing and in a place where ppl would obviously put there hands to hold the phone. It may be temporarily fixed with a software update but it will only be fixed by a case or hardware change
    this doesnt happen on my 3g at all so im sure u made that up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have my I4 and i can hold it with no signial loss at all. No matter how i hold it, or how tight or how long it still has all bars. I'm in Atlanta metro.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jadedmonkey28 For This Useful Post:

Bronxboy99 (06-23-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    When is there a better time? They have the fact it's a new product launch and it could be excused simply saying "bugs happen", probably they could even spin it positive for them as for how fast they address the issue (edit assuming it is software/baseband issue)
    Really, do you honestly think this is a new product? They had a year or maybe more to design this iPhone and they can't find such a trivial problem that a consumer discovered in one day?
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 06-23-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am not having this issue AT ALL. I held my new iPhone exactly as shown in the video and described by others and NO drop in signal after several minutes of doing so. Not sure why that it but no issues here at all. Also do not have any of the previously discussed issues in "yellow spots" on my display. Maybe i just got lucky, but i absolutely LOVE this new phone!!!

The screen is freakishly incredible!! The text is so above anything else you have ever seen. Thumbs up to Apple on that!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    There is no way that they will be able to get away with this ..

This will also cripple and Slow the Sales of the phone immensely.

I can only see a few things going on ..

They Start to send out FREE bumber Cases for everyone that bought the phone .. or a Massive recall.

Other then that .. I see ALOT of people returning the phones if this is the case..

Iphone or not .. apple or not ... Best or not ..

When I pay this much money for something that works like **** ...

You bet im getting my money back and going else where..

I hate to say it but this will really taint the image of apple if this is the case ...

how on earth could this have been Over seen ?
    I completely agree. I was so happy that I got mine a day early that I decided to not rush and wait to attend to the phone when I had time. As such, I have only charged up my iPhone 4 to this point and I have not activated it or done anything with it but reading this, I think I may be returning it on the 24th...unused...what #!!% irony!

Apple = new word for lemon

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    anyone else NOT getting this? i tried it several times a couple different ways, but i dont lose any bars...

previously known as allizonanikon
    Thanks

this article was written right after the wwdc: Google Oversæt

Thanks
    @wolverinemarky I have a 3G and a 3GS and my friends has the 4G. I guarantee u I am not lying. Just read around more and u will see ppl with the same problem even on the other iPhones