Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Say What?! iPhone 4 Loses Reception Bars When Held by the Antenna Band?

They want to sell you their $30 per rubber bumpers. That is way to much money for a piece or colored rubber that wraps around the edge of the phone.

Twitter: @tshoults

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hopefully the invisibleShield will solve this. That or a good case. But if this is happening on the 3GS too, then that's a software problem, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by itaintrite View Post
    Just go exchange for another iPhone until you get one without this problem :P
    if the supply wasn't super limited......

Just one more reason for me to wait until otterbox makes a case for it... Or you could just be super cheap and I'm sure a rubber band around the edges would solve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryskater125 View Post
    hopefully the invisibleShield will solve this. That or a good case. But if this is happening on the 3GS too, then that's a software problem, correct?
    Not happening on 3gs.

Lmao most of you guys don't know what you're talking about!! It's not a firmware issue or anything, the iPhone has always been like this :s it's just know you guys noticed.

I have a iPhone 3GS with FIDO, on 3.1.2 and when I hold it like that, receptions drops till no service

I have a 3G on
    3.1.3 and the same.

IPhone engineers being the "smartest engineers?" More like overgrown college kids who drink too much and lose important prototypes

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Lmao most of you guys don't know what you're talking about!! It's not a firmware issue or anything, the iPhone has always been like this :s it's just know you guys noticed.

I have a iPhone 3GS with FIDO, on 3.1.2 and when I hold it like that, receptions drops till no service

I have a 3G on
    3.1.3 and the same.

Macrumors dug up some old videos that say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by and1gator View Post
    For those that have had this occur with a 3G or 3GS using iOS4 what baseband are you running. Excuse the ignorance but could the baseband have an affect on how reception is handled. I have a 3GS on baseband 05.11.07 with iOS4 and my reception did not drop at all. Just throwing that out there too.
    You might have hit the nail right on the head. It looks like it could possibly be a baseband issue. im on baseband 4.26.08 on my 3GS and 3G and i cant replicate this problem. Possibly its an issue with the newer baseband?
    Apples taste good. PwnApples taste better!

this has been happening on all iPhones for years now -.-

or MAYBE now its cause of the 05.14.04 firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

My 3GS is doing it just like in the video. I drop from 5 to 2 bars using bell in Canada, it's official 4.0 with modem 5.13.04.

I'm also thinking this is intentional; a ploy to get a new exploit exposed so they can plug it up with 4.1 (edit along with a radio rom upgrade) which will fix reception issues (and of course burn the exploit)
    Last edited by katmeef; 06-23-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Default blah,blah,blah
    Tired of all this crap about iPhone 4, and all the so called problems. People always find a way to complain no matter what. There is no such thing as perfect.. I have mine love it no problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post

I have a 3G on
    3.1.3 and the same.
    Im on 3.1.2 and 5.11 baseband with a 3GS. You could be right, I did the "test" and went from 5 to 2 bars. Placed the phone down, back up to 5 bars in 8 seconds.

I can't replicate this problem on my 3gs can someone tell me how to check what my baseband is.

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    My 3GS is doing it just like in the video. I drop from 5 to 2 bars using bell in Canada, it's official 4.0 with modem 5.13.04.

I'm also thinking this is intentional; a ploy to get a new exploit exposed so they can plug it up with 4.1 which will fix reception issues (and of course burn the exploit)
    Don't you think this is the worst time for Apple to pull something like this? This will harm them severely marketing wise since this is the initial release of iPhone 4.

^^ settings/general/about

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robertr1 View Post
    Just one more reason for me to wait until otterbox makes a case for it... Or you could just be super cheap and I'm sure a rubber band around the edges would solve the issue.
    It would be great if it were that easy. Got iphone 4 today, immediately noticed the reception issue and purchased a case to solve the problem....it's still there. I have not purchased a bluetooth for years because I hate hearing people talking into thin air.....well that has changed now and had to breakdown and get a bluetooth thanks to the antenna problem. HOWEVER......if given the choice to purchase a different phone...I wouldn't it, still crazy about my iphone!!!
    Last edited by dr33Rocks; 06-23-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteryskater125 View Post
    Yeah.. buy an extra one cut it to the size and apply it... that way you can keep the looks and no reception issues with human touch....

you know what the worst part is? I remember a modmyi article where they showed the iPad and Iphone 4 bolted down to some desk before their release. This is why they probably never noticed it. So this is REALLY because Apple was too tight on security, and didn't allow enough testing of the actual phone in normal circumstances.

@robertr1 - go to General-About-Modem Formware

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 ... LastLast