+ Reply
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Say What?! iPhone 4 Loses Reception Bars When Held by the Antenna Band?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I might put electrical tape down the side and see if that works, could be a good and decent looking temp fix
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I might put electrical tape down the side and see if that works, could be a good and decent looking temp fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple already found a solution for the problem........It's called a bumper for $29.....ha ha ha.....Why do you think they waited so long to make a "case"...This is why.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you cover the black lines along the sides, the reception drops... try it!
    YouTube - iPhone 4 Reception issue identified! Part 1

Green Apple
    Thanks
    A quick fix i found was to take 3g off and leave it on edge... the signal is affected less by touching the black line on the left

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I haven't read all the posts, so excuse me if someone already said this. I'm just wondering if some clear armor on the sides would help. I'm am going to try it as I am still anxiously awaiting the ups man. Just a thought.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried it in Best Buy and it didn't happen for me. 3GS and 4 both had the same reception. Griffin Reveal case fixes it all, though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I find it interesting how all these reports are coming out about people having problems when they hold the phone in their Left hand with their thumb covering most of the the antenna on the left side. That antenna is for the bluetooth, wi-fi, and GPS. It's the right side that is the antenna for the GSM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Just sold mine on ebay and switched back to my 3GS. Now I can get a free one after this is all fixed.
    lol your not going to get a free one unless you return your old one... FAIL

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi all,

I got my iPhone yesterday, it had the connection issues, etc.

Short version:

Just got off the phone with Apple. They're sending me an overnight replacement. They're aware of this issue, and I was told that a batch of phones went out without some sort of protective coating (jives with the comment about clear nail polish).

posted on another site...fact or fiction?

Thanks

HAS ANYBODY TRIED REPLACING THERES WITH APPLE OR ATT??!?

i see pages and pages of people complaining about the problem but nobody with a solution, or what was said when trying to replace there device

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i called and they told me if i go into the store they will replace it... but with what i have no idea. im sure the store has no more phones

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks like the problem is NOT due to the new phone. I have just recreated it on a 3GS. Holding the phone caused it to go from 5-3 bars and then it went back up again when I put it down.

Video of it on a 3GS running iOS4 - YouTube - IPhone 3GS - reception problems

Green Apple
    Thanks

Im almost glad i did not preorder. Wonder when a fix is going to be made.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Went to the AT&T store to buy a quick case for the phone. I mentioned the antenna problem to the sales guy and he told me that I did something to the software like jailbreak it. Right away I knew I was dealing with an idiot. So I asked the store manager about it, he told me that he didn't know what he could do about it because they didn't have any in the store. He told me to call apple...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salmedina87 View Post
    I bet the fix will be made when I exchange the phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salmedina87 View Post
    But didn't you hear? Apple did make a fix for it and they called it a bumper. Honestly I'm really starting to wonder if they found this problem and just decided to fix it by making a case and hoping everyone would just put it on as soon as they got it. I know it sounds super stupid but I mean really there's no way they didn't miss this issue when they made the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got my iPhone 4 yesterday and noticed that my reception was worse than my 3g iPhone at home. I bought the iPhone 4 bumper today and once I get home I will see if the reception improves (I doubt it, but what the heck!). If it does fix the problem that's really a black eye for this new phone. I'll check back later.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol. I find it funny how just a few days ago there were people commenting to the effect of "I just got confirmation that I'm getting my Iphone 4 a day early. Jealous?". After reading this article, and a majority of the comments confirming it, I can honestly say "No".

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

I checked out my 3Gs with 3.1.3 and holding it the same way, it goes to 2 bars from 5, instantly. Doesn't seem to get lower than that, so maybe it's a problem that's always been there, but much more evident in the 4G beause it goes to NO bars.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hilarious.. I just got off the phone with Apple support on this reception issue.

First the support person told me it sounds like a local network problem. I explained that sitting on my desk I have 5 bars, in my hand I have zero.

She then had me reset the network settings. I did that and the phone rebooted. It came up with 5 bars, I placed it in my hand and counted down to her 4,3,2,1 nada. Then put the phone my desk and counted back up 1,2,3,4,5.

She then said it sounds like a problem with the SIM card so take the phone to a local ATT store and have them replace the SIM card.

Is there ANY chance in he11 this could be a SIM problem?